Ofcourse it's a VW board so i guess they're partial but still worth going thru,
Also answered my a/c vent que lol,

Best Interior poll
Old 29th May 2004, 21:02   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hehehe... well Rehaan 98% of the governments worldwide own an S-class...
Governments = Mafia. Same difference...atleast in some countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] This cud be the base non-a/c version.
V12, LOLLLLLLLLLLL You have finished me for the day.

But really, where are the a/c vents? Does the wooden panel (with the clock) lift? It has to be there.

GTO
Old 29th May 2004, 21:52   #18
BHPian

I dont really remember seeing pics of the interiors of the phaeton, but with what i seen today, i m quite impressed. Thx s350. You guys seem to have an eye on every car forum on the internet. I think i can cancel all my car mag subscriptions with the reports that i seem to get here.
Old 29th May 2004, 21:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ May 29 2004,19:32)]But really, where are the a/c vents? Does the wooden panel (with the clock) lift? It has to be there.

GTO
GTO the link i provided has a pic with a/c vents
so either it's what V12 said this is non a/c version or else what u guessed shud be correct of them being behind the clock,
But i think i find this funny,
And a little in-convienent
Old 29th May 2004, 22:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
can anyone tell me why there is a small pedal and above the largest of the pedals? And since it is an automatic i'm guessing that the largest one is for resting r foot right.
Old 29th May 2004, 23:33   #21
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

ya the large "pedal" is the foot rest.
Old 29th May 2004, 23:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ May 29 2004,20:43)]can anyone tell me why there is a small pedal and above the largest of the pedals? And since it is an automatic i'm guessing that the largest one is for resting r foot right.
The tiny pedal is the parking brake. Some cars like mercs have a foot operated parking brake rather than hand operated ones. Quirky germans to say the least.
Old 30th May 2004, 02:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

I think the only problem with the Phaeton is its badged a VW and not a Audi. And that for some is hard to digest. 40-60,000 pounds for a VW is just unimaginable. I guess an Audi badge would have seen a faster return on investment. Piech's legacy was more of a hegemonic engineer ruling it rather than a rational car engineer. Its just got too big for its feet now. Bugatti, Lamborghini and Bentley together dont make sense. Bugatti's upcoming sedan will rival the bentley brand, the continental GT dents lamborghinis ability to make GT cars. Its just a mismatch.

Worst of all, Skoda, a cheaper brand does better than VW in CSI and quality ratings. Golf has been in its worst time ever (dunno how well the new golf would really do?). Its just a huge oil-tanker with a dent in its side. A few high waves and it'll crack into two.

Keep Revvin ?
Revvmaster

Old 30th May 2004, 02:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] else what u guessed shud be correct of them being behind the clock,
The Car has Central Heating/Cooling system. The vents are behind the clock, but when that blower irritates you .. you can push the button and the vents are blocked by the clock panel, but the cooling still continues.. . pretty cool hunh'?

Old 30th May 2004, 02:43   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ May 30 2004,01:01)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] else what u guessed shud be correct of them being behind the clock,
The Car has Central Heating/Cooling system. The vents are behind the clock, but when that blower irritates you .. you can push the button and the vents are blocked by the clock panel, but the cooling still continues.. . pretty cool hunh'?
U work for VW?
Or did they pay u to say that?

Anyways my point is r u serious?
never heard of this on GCF or VWVORTEX ...

if serious man wow... i think id buy it and badge it Audi
Old 30th May 2004, 09:43   #26
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm...so then what are those two circles with silver lining and four cuts on each one? (between the gearlever and the camera)

-R
Old 30th May 2004, 10:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hmmm...so then what are those two circles with silver lining and four cuts on each one? (between the gearlever and the camera)
You mean the cup holders? or ummm.. sorry I couldnt follow...
Well actually coming back to the A/c..
The Clock panel slides down and acts as a sorta Radiator!
And there is a de-humidifier in the car too, so no matter what u do, the windows wont steam up! Bad I say.
And you wanna know more facts about the Phaeton? Its got the most silent engine in a luxury car. Thats what they claim atleast.. They say if the limiter is taken off, and u go over 190+mph, you wont feel any engine vibration or hear engine sound.
Well I've read this in a mag, and we know at times how the mags can be misleading.. dont we (stratos).

Old 30th May 2004, 13:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Pferdestärke @ May 30 2004,09:28)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Hmmm...so then what are those two circles with silver lining and four cuts on each one? (between the gearlever and the camera)
You mean the cup holders? or ummm.. sorry I couldnt follow...
Well actually coming back to the A/c..
The Clock panel slides down and acts as a sorta Radiator!
And there is a de-humidifier in the car too, so no matter what u do, the windows wont steam up! Bad I say.
And you wanna know more facts about the Phaeton? Its got the most silent engine in a luxury car. Thats what they claim atleast.. They say if the limiter is taken off, and u go over 190+mph, you wont feel any engine vibration or hear engine sound.
Well I've read this in a mag, and we know at times how the mags can be misleading.. dont we (stratos).
You definately get paid from VW!

Btw the thing ur talkin abt which does not let ur glass get misted i think is pretty common rite??

And when it comes to silence im sure it cudnt be quieter then the Lexus LS, which is bad in my opinion i love the sound of the engine roar when i push these tanks ahead
Old 25th November 2005, 17:36   #29
BHPian

I saw a phaeton while going from Sarita Vihar towards Noida. It was a V8, black in colour; it looked imposing. I followed it from Sarita Vihar to Noida Sec. 37 crossing; there it turned right whereas I had to go straight.

P.S. I know that posting registration no is forbidden, but this is a query regd regn no. only, therefore posting -

This car's regn no. was DAC-6. How does one get this kind of numbers? I know abt fancy numbers (the DL F series) but this no is VVVIP.

\N
Old 25th November 2005, 20:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

No , its got a special kinda A/C that kinda oozes cool air from various crevices in the interior, I think I read this somewhere.

I personally like the Audi A8's interior the most among the S-class-7-Phaeton-A8 foursome.

But the 'islero best luxury car dashboard award' goes to the Bentley Arnage. Nothing comes close to that dashboard for absolute excellence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks