Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2005, 06:16   #1
BHPian

Crazy for Pick-up trucks!!!

I dream that one day i'll be able to own one of these beasts...... i love pick up trucks........ the whole...."dump any thing in the back".....attitude......drive around like you own the road.....Anyone out there with the same craving.....post pics of the ones you've seen....lemme feast my eyes[for the time bieng......!!]

Old 20th April 2005, 06:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

the SRT 10 in your post is a truely a rage ...
i once saw a Black SRT 10 smoke a heavily modded Prelude to dust (coz the prelude wasnt letting him pass )....
the growl was deeper than a viper ... i couldnt keep up cause i was in 160 bhp intrepid .haha..

oh and btw has anybody watched the the Parish Pick up video ? where this guy parish has a 10 second pick up ...which outdrags everything modded on the road ..

cheers
Old 20th April 2005, 07:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Please post the link from where you have copied the pictures
Old 20th April 2005, 07:18   #4
BHPian

Hmmmmmm......

Sorry bout that............
All pictures are courtesy cardomain.com that has a collection of some stunning custom machines!!!!
Old 20th April 2005, 07:35   #5
BHPian

mean machines.......ha ha ha
Old 20th April 2005, 09:00   #6
BHPian

the tata 207 di is the closest that comes to these things in india now. I have seen a black pickup with crew cab and massive alloys here in blore. Looked really mean.
Old 20th April 2005, 09:10   #7
BHPian

Hey.......

harrie.......is the 207 you are talking bout belong to AR Constructions???? Coz ive seen that one.....Massive Pirelli Scorpions......HR alloys......Dark Green Crew cab......Chrome roll bars!
Old 20th April 2005, 09:12   #8
BHPian

no idea buddy. just seen it on the road. it as in the night. so i am not sure if the color is black or something else. but it was a sure stunner. look absolutely amazing. it had the chrome roll bars but dont know about the alloys and tires.
Old 20th April 2005, 09:21   #9
BHPian

The Ford F-150 Lightning SVT

The Ford F-150 Lightning SVT
My all time Favourite!!!!

Pics courtesy: forddesktops.com
Old 20th April 2005, 13:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

its got to be the lightning. being the fastest production pickup ever. what an absolute beast!!

in fact bangalore has two of the tata pickups modified to look like these.
one is rede in colour and once is white. both look awesome only thing lacking is the power!!!

Last edited by iceman91 : 20th April 2005 at 13:32.
Old 20th April 2005, 15:41   #11
BHPian

the new lightning has been canceled...i'd go for the Dodge Ram SRT10
Old 21st April 2005, 01:05   #12
BANNED

fellas, finally a post about a segment closest to my heart .. A couple of auto expo's ago ford india had displayed the yellow pick up truck ( the one from bay watch ) which was meant to b launched back then and I was all ready to b one of the first buyers but sadly with no explanation they shelved the idea and it just vanished withoput a whimper.. Probably they felt India wasn't ready for this segment ..wonder when it wil b ?? After taht came the launch of the Tata 207 di ... sadly didnt live up to the expectation !! Test drove it , but just doesnt have the oomph to it .... even asa farm vehicle its not too gud , the Mahindra pick up is far better fun to drive ...

I keep praying for some company to launch some thing similar to these .... SOOON !!

I for sure will be one customer .... !!

cheers
Old 21st April 2005, 01:50   #13
BHPian

True.......very true......!!!

This segment is close to my heart aswell and thats why i posted.......wanted to know all the people who shared my passion!!!!!!
Sometime ago i was all set to but the TATA Mobile 207 twincab [1998], but plans changed last minute.........Here in pune roam some awesome yankee and jap pik up trucks.....GMC,Chevy,Dodge,Nissan and Toyota......The Toyota is done up like crazy.......roll bars,Massive tires.....neat alloys......used to be parked in front of the school my younger brother is in......was there to pik up some lucky kid!!!
Will try and get some picks next time!!!
Old 8th May 2005, 20:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Here in pune roam some awesome yankee and jap pik up trucks.....GMC,Chevy,Dodge,Nissan and Toyota......The Toyota is done up like crazy.......roll bars,Massive tires.....neat alloys......used to be parked in front of the school my younger brother is in......was there to pik up some lucky kid!!!
Will try and get some picks next time!!!
Whoa! Dodge pickups in Pune?? I am crazy about pickups myself! Can you please tell me where you saw the Yank trucks? As pickup trucks are strictly American stuff, I am not too taken to the Jap competition. Love the American ones with their big pushrod engines and throaty growls.
Old 8th May 2005, 23:42   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

I know how it feels.
SUVs, pickups and all excite me more then any car orth 50L (we are not talking of Ferraris and Lambos and Porsches).
My fav. is the ford F150 Lightning pick up truck or one converted into a monster truck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks