Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 07:22   #121
Senior - BHPian

Just watched the 6th episode, the review of Ferrari 458 was good, then it was all downhill from there.
I am now starting to hate the immature comments and pathetic acts put on by the hosts.
The classic british roadsters part was utter nonsense. I used to love the challenges part in Topgear, but this one was absolute stinker.
In a few years, I think Jeremy and his co hosts might reduce Topgear to an comedy show catering to immature british minds and not a great motoring show that it was.
Old 3rd August 2010, 08:21   #122
BHPian

The tribute to Senna in episode 5 made me weep this morning..
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:08   #123
BHPian

Top Gear

Season 15 episode 6
End of another season of Top gear

Top gear over the years has always been exceeding the expectations of its ardent fans world over, and that has been a treat to watch. Every year the creativity, the cinematography, the script, challenges just went on improving as a result the viewer ship increased, so did the fan-size and ultimately the expectations. so much so that the expectations today have become a huge giant & that is what i noticed in this season.

The first few episodes just were able to meet those humongous expectations to a certain extent, then came "episode 5" to me it was the best episode for a long time, in fact personally i feel it has taken a place amongst the best episodes of Top Gear over various seasons. I really doubted if they could better it in the next episode and i was right to a certain extent.

The episode 6 was good to start with the Ferrari "458" but later in the show it went downhill a bit with the typical TG like staged challenge for British sport's car. But what caught my eye was the end of that film which showed the exact emotions of a real car enthusiast to see the graveyard of his loved car. That was simply super and only Top Gear can change the mood in that way I went misty eyed again.

If i was to watch this episode and this episode only in the entire season without watching the episode 5. I would have surely loved it to bits, but because Ep-5 exceeded my expectations, I was left somewhat high & dry after Ep-6 especially after hearing JC say it is the end of the season.
I sincerely wish they come back next week and do a TG Special.
Till then
love you Top gear!!
Old 4th August 2010, 01:29   #124
BHPian

the best episode was the 5th with Senna, i wish they had made the last episode Senna special, loved it. Watched it 10 times and still gives me goosebumps, driving an F1 car around monaco with one hand on the steering flat out. like lewis said in the interview, Crazy!!!!
Old 4th August 2010, 19:26   #125
Team-BHP Support

Top Gear S15E06 could have been better.

The piece on British Sports cars was overdone in terms of stupid jokes. The 458 is a masterpiece, but it looks like it might need a facelift sooner than you think. Those lights need to be changed! And when Jezza was talking about the looks of the 458 and comparing it to the older Ferraris, did he forget about the 348, the 355 and the 456GT, which I thought were quite pretty!?

Jezza's bias towards Fezzas in pretty evident. The 458 would score '0' in terms of practicality and everyday-ownership, but he conveniently left that out (although he did mention it for a few seconds) and continued to ramble on and on about it.
Old 12th October 2010, 01:21   #126
BHPian

Top Gear Caught Filming Season 16 in New York

Fellow Bhpian's,

Just when you thought its all over, Top Gear have started work on Season 16 Teaser here,

The guys at BBC’s Top Gear have started filming season 16. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May were spotted while filming one of the new episodes in New York.

The trio had a Mercedes SLS AMG, a Ferrari 458 Italia and the new Porsche 911 GT3 RS for a road trip. The trio was caught on camera while they were trying to get the three supercars over a construction site.

Need more , Check the link below,

Video: Top Gear Caught Filming Season 16 in New York - GTSPIRIT.COM

Regards,
Sajan

Last edited by sajands : 12th October 2010 at 01:26.
Old 12th October 2010, 01:22   #127
BHPian

15th of November: the Italian Job.

Fellow Bhpian's,

Just when you thought its all over, Clarkson is back with a new release called the Italian Job 2010.

Teaser here,

Clarkson is back on the 15th of November with a new release called the Italian Job. Jeremy drives a wide variety of the best possible Italian sports cars including the 458 Italia, LP570-4 Superleggera, Pagani Zonda R and the some other stuff as well.

He spends numerous hours on the Imola track, heads back to England for his first ever Classic Touring Car Race and The Stig does something terrible to the face of Rubens Barrichello.

Need more , Check the link below,

Video: The Italian Job – Jeremy Clarkson Trailer 2010 - GTSPIRIT.COM

Regards,
Sajan

Last edited by sajands : 12th October 2010 at 01:24.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:36   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post

Just when you thought its all over, Clarkson is back with a new release called the Italian Job 2010.
Super film, that. Loved every bit of it. Great camera work too, especially on the GT3, 458 and the Zonda segment.

Worth a watch, this one.
Old 6th December 2010, 14:44   #129
Team-BHP Support

And yet another movie is out!

Richard Hammond and James May have come out with a fantastic one hour and fifteen minutes movie that is very typical Top Gear! It's called 'Top Gear Apocalypse' and in typical Top Gear fashion, they go about crashing things and setting things on fire. And then for the hard core petrol head, they've driven some of the best cars we can think of as well!

Here is a trailer of the same:

Credit must go to Shamik Bose for telling me about this a few days earlier!
Old 6th December 2010, 18:20   #130
Senior - BHPian

Oh, thank you Suhaas. I'm surprised nobody here mentioned it anywhere. Lovely film, but the only slight dissapointment (if you can call it so), was that its was the GT3. I was kinda hoping it would be the GT2. RS
Old 6th December 2010, 19:20   #131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Oh, thank you Suhaas. I'm surprised nobody here mentioned it anywhere. Lovely film, but the only slight dissapointment (if you can call it so), was that its was the GT3. I was kinda hoping it would be the GT2. RS
Yup! I almost thought it was the GT2 RS for a nano-second. I've seen quite a bit about the GT3 on Top Gear and we'll get to see more of it in the next season as well! First in Clarkson's Italian Job and then in TG Apocalypse; and then we'll get to see it in Season 16 as well!

I really want to see Clarkson's face when he drives the GT2 RS. 620 horses sent to the rear wheels with no electronic nannies to save him. Will be quite a treat to watch! Imagine! The flat-six GT3 beat the V12 Aston Vantage rather comfortably, wouldn't you wonder what a 620 horsepower, turbocharged, RWD GT2 RS would do to it?!

About Apocalypse, I was deeply touched every time they ran out of fuel! No seriously, because you know that there will be a day when only one gallon of fuel will be left on Earth! Sigh.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th December 2010 at 19:23.
Old 6th December 2010, 20:39   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Yup! I almost thought it was the GT2 RS for a nano-second. I've seen quite a bit about the GT3 on Top Gear and we'll get to see more of it in the next season as well! First in Clarkson's Italian Job and then in TG Apocalypse; and then we'll get to see it in Season 16 as well!
Well that's a lot of GT3. We even saw the 997-Type I GT3 in the best driving road challenge.

Quote:
I really want to see Clarkson's face when he drives the GT2 RS. 620 horses sent to the rear wheels with no electronic nannies to save him. Will be quite a treat to watch! Imagine! The flat-six GT3 beat the V12 Aston Vantage rather comfortably, wouldn't you wonder what a 620 horsepower, turbocharged, RWD GT2 RS would do to it?!
I want it to go up against the 599 GTO. Would be awesome to watch. I still believe it'll beat the GTO.

Quote:
About Apocalypse, I was deeply touched every time they ran out of fuel! No seriously, because you know that there will be a day when only one gallon of fuel will be left on Earth! Sigh.
Yeah its the worst nightmare possible for us petrolheads. Someday these amazing machines will be there only beautifying some rich man's garage. We'll probably not see them burn up the roads. Its a really really saddening thought! :-(
Old 6th December 2010, 20:52   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Super film, that. Loved every bit of it. Great camera work too, especially on the GT3, 458 and the Zonda segment.

Worth a watch, this one.
Sajo, There is also the behind the scenes of the Italian Job 2010 that i was able to download and watch, shows how they go about making the show, total insight into how they get thoes amazing camera shots. Hats off to BBC and top gear, wonder what's the budget allocated to them for each series.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:28   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well that's a lot of GT3. We even saw the 997-Type I GT3 in the best driving road challenge.
Oh yes, I remember that! S09E01 if I'm not wrong! Loved the older GT3 RS too. The lairy paint-schemes that were available on it were fantastic! The orange and the green with the model-designation in particular!

Quote:
I want it to go up against the 599 GTO. Would be awesome to watch. I still believe it'll beat the GTO.
Well it would be a close one for sure. The GTO in the hands of a skilled driver is a real weapon, ditto the GT2 RS. But I'd believe that the GT2 RS would be easier to drive and live with. When it comes to sheer top-speed, I'm quite certain that the GTO would win, but in terms of outright acceleration and handling, the Porsche might beat it!

Quote:
Yeah its the worst nightmare possible for us petrolheads. Someday these amazing machines will be there only beautifying some rich man's garage. We'll probably not see them burn up the roads. Its a really really saddening thought! :-(
When May turned the key and removed it after stint in the Ferrari F40, I nearly had tears in my eyes. Sad.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:41   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Oh yes, I remember that! S09E01 if I'm not wrong! Loved the older GT3 RS too. The lairy paint-schemes that were available on it were fantastic! The orange and the green with the model-designation in particular!
That was a 911 that looked good! Mad colours, wild decals running down the side. That was german lunacy!

Quote:
Well it would be a close one for sure. The GTO in the hands of a skilled driver is a real weapon, ditto the GT2 RS. But I'd believe that the GT2 RS would be easier to drive and live with. When it comes to sheer top-speed, I'm quite certain that the GTO would win, but in terms of outright acceleration and handling, the Porsche might beat it!
In terms of top speed its not as uneven as you might think. Top speed on the Fezza is 208 compared to the Poker's 205. And Porsche is known to have erred on the side of caution before.

Quote:
When May turned the key and removed it after stint in the Ferrari F40, I nearly had tears in my eyes. Sad.
To think that such cars will no longer be made. No more mad turbo lag. Damn! That bit made me about as sad as the Ayrton Senna film did.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks