Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2005, 00:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
thanks...

no offense taken but no offense meant buddy...vette and stang are not used in the same sentence they are different cars with a big diff...vette would more likely be compared to the GT500 coming out next year, but even if those hp/torque numbers it would only hang with the C6..so thats y i say they are not in the same league

and if you are the retro sort of a guy...

try these...some rending a fellow corvetteforum member made..hope this is what the blue devil looks like with that meaty 650hp engine..

Totally agree ... I know they are not in the same league ..am not even comparing them ... I was just sharing the fact that I chose the Mustang over a Vette ...

As for the pics that you had attached ... I had only one feeling when I saw them ... LUST ... Just my type .
Old 17th November 2005, 00:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks..i have the exact opposite views..i think C5 was hideous and i think popup lights are very 80s, let alone 21st century..and think these lights suit the car much better than pop ups..

well i could be biased...but i thought of this way before i tried to purchase this car..so..

and
Well opinions differ.

Im more of the Ferrari 355/348 kinds guy. I personally have a liking for pop-up head lamps so id prefer a vette with pop ups. To me (my opinion again ) the headlights on the new C6 look to be inspired by the ones on the Ferrari 360. It was meant to be a ferrari (360)beater and has matched it at that.

Quote:
I would like to know as well..which 4 dr car does quicker numbers than this and is available in india and not knonw to be available in US...just for info sake...i might be blacking out on that...
All i meant was its a fast car.... not that quick though.

Well as per figures quoted by Top Gear, the Bentley Flying Spur would do a 0-60 in under 5 seconds and hit a top whack of 195mph. So here you go you have the quicker car but this one here is faster and its very much avialable there in teh US too. Must be like one of the ultimate Yo-Gangsta-Bling-Yo Machine .. hehe

Cheers!

P

P.S. Post some incar videos once the snow clears off. Also the vids of you at that training school. That would be fun to watch!!
Old 17th November 2005, 00:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
Well opinions differ.

Im more of the Ferrari 355/348 kinds guy. I personally have a liking for pop-up head lamps so id prefer a vette with pop ups. To me (my opinion again ) the headlights on the new C6 look to be inspired by the ones on the Ferrari 360. It was meant to be a ferrari (360)beater and has matched it at that.
actually you are right....i think the vette has a lot of 360 in it..the C5 had a lot of 355 in it..i cant wait for the C7 since it will have a lot of F430 in it

Quote:

All i meant was its a fast car.... not that quick though.

Well as per figures quoted by Top Gear, the Bentley Flying Spur would do a 0-60 in under 5 seconds and hit a top whack of 195mph. So here you go you have the quicker car but this one here is faster and its very much avialable there in teh US too. Must be like one of the ultimate Yo-Gangsta-Bling-Yo Machine .. hehe

Cheers!

P

P.S. Post some incar videos once the snow clears off. Also the vids of you at that training school. That would be fun to watch!!
Oh when you meant faster I thought you meant a faster car..top speed may be the flying spur does reach 195..but its not a faster car per say and so isnt the WRX...I personally prefer the EVOs and cant wait for the EVO X but STi are fast machines...just not that fast until you start to mod them...

Anyhow I will surely come up with some videos if i can..will have to wait for that since snow doesnt settle in chicago for a long time..

but i truely hope the training school is soon..i cant wait...will post videos of that as well...

Cheers

Last edited by 1Day : 17th November 2005 at 00:50.
Old 17th November 2005, 00:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica
Totally agree ... I know they are not in the same league ..am not even comparing them ... I was just sharing the fact that I chose the Mustang over a Vette ...

As for the pics that you had attached ... I had only one feeling when I saw them ... LUST ... Just my type .
dont mind..

I love mustangs too and so does my wife..she wanted the Saleen Modded stang instead of the G35..but we couldnt have 2 sports cars with no luggage room and no where to go in winter

may be some day when I move to a better climate or have an SUV I will try and fit the Shelby GT500, Z06 and FordGT under one roof...aaahhh someday...(hence 1Day)

Last edited by 1Day : 17th November 2005 at 00:54.
Old 17th November 2005, 04:56   #35
BHPian

Hi 1Day. Congratulations! The c06 is a great car. (Not that I've driven one. I'm telling this from the looks and reviews). I think this is the best corvette ever. You're going to turn a lot of heads in Chicago. Rock on!
Old 17th November 2005, 09:54   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy 1day, you are a lucky guy to be able to buy a Corvette for the same price we pay on a Mercedes C Class (USD 60,000 equivalent of INR). And to think of an WRX STi for the same price that we would pay for an Accord V6 in India.

GTO
Old 17th November 2005, 11:34   #37
BHPian

haha ..seriosuly gto make so much sense .. if it only wasnt for th import duty .. boy
newyas killer ride 1day....
a bit off topic dude ... but since your in chicago ur pretty aware of the snow - salt thing .. im sure
i m like at canada border and wanted to buy a celica but my friend was like the salt really messes up the car and thats why low riding ones are usually avoided ..please give me your take on that
Old 17th November 2005, 17:59   #38
BHPian

Congrats

CONGRATS on your set of wheels.
thats a very cool ride.
now how about going for a drive to LINGENFELTER.

seen some around here as well but only in blue and black i guess VELOCITY YELLOW is a bit loud for swedes.

Last edited by ashran2 : 17th November 2005 at 18:01.
Old 17th November 2005, 20:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan
haha ..seriosuly gto make so much sense .. if it only wasnt for th import duty .. boy
newyas killer ride 1day....
a bit off topic dude ... but since your in chicago ur pretty aware of the snow - salt thing .. im sure
i m like at canada border and wanted to buy a celica but my friend was like the salt really messes up the car and thats why low riding ones are usually avoided ..please give me your take on that
Thanks..

for one chicago gets snow but I have been noticing the amount of snow/salt on the road in winter is about 25-30 days from dec until march which is not bad..so basically out of those 4 months I can be driving the car 3 months...rest of the year it very nice..especially from june until oct..so snow doesnt really bother that much, but you surely need another cars the day snow is on the ground..
Old 17th November 2005, 20:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashran2
CONGRATS on your set of wheels.
thats a very cool ride.
now how about going for a drive to LINGENFELTER.

seen some around here as well but only in blue and black i guess VELOCITY YELLOW is a bit loud for swedes.
Thanks..

Lingenfelter being the best vette modder is pricy...I wouldnt want to go to him, in the price diff, I much rather get a Z06..but I would probably take it to cartek who currently have the fastest NA C6 corvette in the world doing 10.94 in the 1/4 mile and crossing the 200mph barrier...without any forced induction...

As for the color : VY, thats the only color I liked, the blue, orange/rust, black, white, are very dull for me, I am more sports car color kind of a guy..I like yellow/red ferraris, orange/lime green/yellow lambos and then yellow vette, I wouldnt even get a red vette..it looks as if there are many around..yellow gives it that edge, loud it is but I love it..why have a sports car if you are going to get a sedanish color

Last edited by 1Day : 17th November 2005 at 20:07.
Old 18th November 2005, 14:59   #41
BHPian

im lik in rochester man so winters get real wild ova here + its just for a couple of years... so m planning to settle for a sedan though havent decided yet but anyways thanks man always apprecaite d advise
Old 16th February 2006, 01:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Alright here is the update:

I said I would be getting some new shoes and here they are..I love then..they are 3 piece forged alloys.
iForged Daytonas 19" all around.

Click on the thumbnails

I know i am overdue for a review...but man i havent stopped enjoying the car that I can sit down put my thought in words, its winter here, so give this lazy @$$ some more time for that...but all I can say is ... *JAW DROPPING* experience..

Last edited by 1Day : 16th February 2006 at 01:26.
Old 16th February 2006, 01:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

nice wheels dude.but i prefer the ones you had before they looked better.atleast to me.any way enjoy your car buddy.

rev
Old 16th February 2006, 05:58   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Good stuff
Old 16th February 2006, 16:50   #45
BHPian

Sigh !!
WHATTA CAR !!!!
How can u "stop enjoying such a car" ??!!
U're one lucky guy . . .

What the top u've managed to reach (inspite of the speed restrictions) ?
Did u take her on the track ?
Any other mods ?

Last edited by bikefreak : 16th February 2006 at 16:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks