Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2010, 05:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Thank God it is not being Produced. It is Awfully ugly!!
Well they might be talking about a small run of these for exclusive buyers. Atleast what I heard.
Old 15th October 2010, 05:19   #92

Hopefully I will never see one on the road. Hopefully..
Old 15th October 2010, 08:39   #93
BHPian

I am sure it looks much better in real life! And they would definitely improve the looks if it does go on sale.

Not worried, I do want to see one on road soon
Old 15th October 2010, 13:40   #94
Senior - BHPian

Personally speaking, I dont think Estoque was ugly. It was pretty neat. Compared to its competitor Panamera, Estoque is the better looking one.

But yes, this one is quite ugly.
Old 31st October 2010, 02:57   #95
Senior - BHPian

Ok boys buckle up,the bull is back.And this time its no concept,its the real deal.

I was reading a few posts in lamborghinichat.com and there is this guy who got to see the replacement in person.No pics because all cameras were confiscated.

Here are the final specs:

6.5L, 700Bhp, 680Nm @ 5500rpm & redlines @ 8250.

New 7 speed single clutch gearbox with two automode & 50 ms shifts!

Carbon monoque chassis & F1 style suspension on the rear.
Car is 229kg lighter & 70% more rigid! 4WD.

Many new gadgets too for the cabin.

Car will be shown in Geneva Auto next spring. Get ready your cheque book!

0-100 in 2.9 secs & 350Km/h top speed.

He did not mention any names as of yet but the car is for now know as LP 700-4.
Old 5th November 2010, 00:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

So acc. to Autoblog, the new Lambo Murcielago will be called LP700-4.

Power will be sourced from a 6.5-liter V12 good for around 700 horsepower and 502 pound-feet of torque, mated to a seven-speed gearbox that is supposedly able to fire off shifts in just 50 milliseconds. It will take under three seconds to reach 62 miles per hour and the estimated top speed is somewhere around 217 mph. The super-light carbon fiber body will feature an F1-style rear suspension and overall weight will be reduced by about 505 pounds compared to the current Murci.

P.S: Mods, I don't understand why has the thread's title been changed to 'Sesto Elemento'? This thread that was originally "Spy shots of Lamborghini Jota".
Why are we mixing the Jota with the Sesto Elemento? Please make it separate into two threads.

Last edited by theragingbull : 5th November 2010 at 00:34.
Old 5th November 2010, 02:43   #97
BHPian

Avishar already gave us the good news 5 days back

Talking about the car itself, its just manic! A sub 3 sec 0-100 kmph time is insane!
And to add to that, the weight is 500 pounds lighter! 700 bhp! Wonder what safety measures they will use?

Have to say, Lamborghini, you will be loved for getting back to your roots, the lunacy is back
Old 8th November 2010, 22:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

Yes mods change the title back to "lamborghini lp 700-4" or make a new thread.

Some more new information.
The doors go up,but it has a slightly different mechanism.It angle out a bit as it goes up.It is opened by a button on the inslde
The headlamp has y-shaped LEDS.
In all probability the manual gearbox will no longer be available,although not sure.
Old 8th November 2010, 22:24   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post

Have to say, Lamborghini, you will be loved for getting back to your roots, the lunacy is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
In all probability the manual gearbox will no longer be available,although not sure.
If Avishar's statement is true, then Xehaust, Lamborghini I'm afraid, isn't really getting back to their roots. A Lamborghini introduced without the option of choosing a H-gate chrome shifter is akin to The Queen deciding not to 'Knight' anyone anymore! And that, I'm afraid, is just wrong!

Quote:
Some more new information.
The doors go up,but it has a slightly different mechanism.It angle out a bit as it goes up.It is opened by a button on the inslde
The headlamp has y-shaped LEDS.
As expected. The Y-LEDs are now seen in most modern Lamborghinis. Would like to see what the doors are about now. I hope they haven't goofed it up.
Old 8th November 2010, 22:34   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to what you're saying, it seems like they are 'butterfly' doors? That's really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
A Lamborghini introduced without the option of choosing a H-gate chrome shifter is akin to The Queen deciding not to 'Knight' anyone anymore! And that, I'm afraid, is just wrong!
I second that. First Ferrari did it, and now Lamborghini?!? I hope the news isn't true

Last edited by theragingbull : 8th November 2010 at 22:40.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:04   #101
Senior - BHPian

Those stats are bloody terrifying. And all the better for it. Completely mental, and that's the best bit. But somehow, for me, the Murcielago will always be missed. Still, I can't wait to see how this successor will be. The numbers say it will be awesome, but if its anything on the lines of the Sesto Elemento, it'll be a major disappointment.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:14   #102
Senior - BHPian

While making a 700bhp supercar is an incredible thing to do but I think Lamborghini should now introduce a supercar that's positioned below the Gallardo. They could just plonk in the R8's 4.2 V8 and probably make a car with a folding hard top. Or just make a grand tourer like the DB9 or Maser GT. Ferrari has a good number of cars in their portfolio and hence there's a car for every kind of buyer. IMO Lamborghini should also do something similar, after all both are arch rivals
Just my 2 cents..

Last edited by theragingbull : 8th November 2010 at 23:16.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:28   #103
Senior - BHPian

^^ Come on dude, VW has Audi'fied the Bull way too much for my taste. I even saw couple of Audis with a Lambo heart (S8 and R8 V10) now a Lambo with a Audi engine is the last thing I wish to see EVER. It may sell well in numbers but exclusivity is a keen factor one would go for a Lambo over an another make. @VW, NO! Don't massacre the brand, Don't Deutsch'ify a thoroughbred Italian masterpiece, Please!

In that case, I love the way Rolls is still THE Rolls even after BMW takeover and JLR is as Brit as ever even after Tata happened to it.

Last edited by Scorcher : 8th November 2010 at 23:33.
Old 9th November 2010, 02:59   #104
BHPian

^^ The car is going to weight in at 999kgs, that's the whole point of the concept since sesto elemento ( or sixth element) alludes to the extensive carbonfibre construction. That coupled with the 700 bhp motor should make it the most extreme lambo ever made!
To put it in perspective, the lambo is actually 133 kgs LIGHTER than a mini cooper S, and that is with a V12 sitting in front!!
If this is what Deutsch'ifying does to lambo then long may it continue
Old 12th November 2010, 20:06   #105
Senior - BHPian

Hi,the name of the car is going to start with "A",this info was leaked by someone who actually saw this car.

Also his personal take on the car:

Quote:
The car was shown this week to German customers in yellow matte.

I for my part liked the car and was expecting it exactly as it was presented, it has many design element of the Reventon (front and rear ist 100 % Reventon) but I also saw some "family identification" with the Gallardo.

Some customers in my group were very disappointed by the design, maybe because the matte yellow is a colour that may do the car no favour or maybe they expected something like the sesto elemento. In the produciton line there was one car half covered in black matte (in this colour You have a 100% Reventon copy) and white matte (seems Lambo is trying to make matte its corporate colour).
By the reaction of our group these colours seem to be the better choice as they provoked some positive reaction.

Inside the car is really a big step forward from any Lambo until now although I think a
458 Italia is more innovative.
The technical details have all been presented already here. The engine sound is great and impressive but remembered me somewhat more of a Gallardo than the outgoing Murcielago, but this is a personal impression. I for my part liked the sound.

Conclusion for me:
The design may provoke and Reventon buyers may think Lambo jokd with them by
launching a car for less than half the price that is faster, more innovative. For the
buyers of the LP 700-4 I think they will make a bargain as the only comparable cars are going to be the new Pagani and Enzo successor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks