Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 23:31   #31
BHPian

Re: F1 2011 -Grand Prix De Monaco

Hey Bhpians

This is my first post, No better thread to start with other than F1. To add on its a track where i have been walking around a couple of years ago , Monaco is an awesome city but believe me dead expensive.

This year F1 has been dominated by the RBR's to be honest, they have a car which is atleast half a second quick on any track.
I'm sure this year the driver on pole will not win the race, even though overtaking is though and this track always helps drivers to win from pole(Just like spain, we'll see a actioned packed Race)
Old 28th May 2011, 02:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Downforce means more grip, yes! But Downforce is achieved by aero or I should say how the car is designed to channel the air for a better flow at higher speeds.

The mechanical grip is something that comes from the suspension, tires, CoG or weight distribution and the chassis as a whole and mechanically none of the cars are similar!
Downforce helps only at high speed corners where guys like Vettel can just nail the throttle far earlier out of these corners whereas others have to slow down and throttle out later.
This was confirmed at the last press conference where Lewis Hamilton (who usually can't wait 2 corners to overtake a car) was following Vettel for 16 or so laps and just couldn't match the Redbull's performance on the high speed corners like the Turn 3 and the final corner of Catalunya.

Street circuits like Monaco, Singapore, etc don't have real high speed corners and aerodynamic advantage reduces.
The current Ferrari's got good mechanical grip and is very soft on the tyres.
This could be the first podium if not win unless things go real bad for Ferrari.
Old 28th May 2011, 12:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The current Ferrari's got good mechanical grip and is very soft on the tyres.
This could be the first podium if not win unless things go real bad for Ferrari.
Ferrari have already got a podium courtesy Alonso in Turkey. I am hoping for a win since it would boost the team's morale amidst the technical re-shuffle situation.

Alonso is a fighter and the Ferrari being light on its tires, he can take the win even if he loses his position at the start.

But now with a new clutch and tweaked starting procedure, it was a brilliant start by Alonso at Spain. If he does that at Monaco, then he will be gone and the race will be decided after a few laps barring any mechanical gremlins
Old 28th May 2011, 19:43   #34
BANNED

What an action packed Qualifying

So looks like we can expect lot of excitement for tomorrows race.

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2011
Pos Driver Team
1 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault
2 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
3 Mark Webber RBR-Renault
4 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
5 Michael Schumacher Mercedes
6 Felipe Massa Ferrari
7 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
9 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth
10 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 28th May 2011 at 19:46.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 23:20   #35
BHPian

Hamilton has been dropped from 7th to 10th for tomorrow's race due to cutting a chicane. Full story here Formula 1

it will be interesting since he has been fast all week, whether he can overtake any cars in the race.
Old 28th May 2011, 23:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

Everything looks good in Monaco except for the racing overalls of the Mclaren drivers! No offence to Mclaren fans, but its design looks like something borrowed from the circus clowns
Old 29th May 2011, 08:47   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What an action packed Qualifying

So looks like we can expect lot of excitement for tomorrows race.

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2011
Pos Driver Team
1 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault
2 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
3 Mark Webber RBR-Renault
4 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
5 Michael Schumacher Mercedes
6 Felipe Massa Ferrari
7 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
9 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth
10 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari

Don't forget Perez won't be starting after the crash in qualifying.
D33-PAC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 15:17   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Don't forget Perez won't be starting after the crash in qualifying.

I did not understand this part....!

Why cant they field their Test Driver...?

Why run only 1 car...?

Is the crashed up car so bad that they cannot put it in today's race..?

Can somebody throw some light here
Old 29th May 2011, 15:53   #39
BHPian

Hi pavan

As fer FIA rules, the 3rd driver can only run during a race weekend if he is in the car from the friday practise sessions, due to incident like this on qualifying day, the 3rd driver cant jump into the racing seat on sunday.

Even if Perez is fit physically the teams normally make a decision to run only 1 car during the car because the driver may not be mentally fit after such a huge accident, and god forbid if he again meets with a similar accident on raceday then its a bigger challenge for the driver to recover out..
( I was listening to steve slater telling about this during the qualifying session yesterday)
Old 29th May 2011, 18:28   #40
BHPian

Watching the race on BBC and cant digest the crap being dished out by the combo of EJ and DC

Sample this.Michael goes cleanly past Nico and they talk about how his race craft is and how he has rammed people since his come back.Again in the same corner THE BRAT looses it completely ramming into Massa and they claim its a racing incident
Old 29th May 2011, 19:53   #41
BANNED

Wooowwwwwwwwww. What an amazing race, by far the most action packed and interesting race of the season!!!! Perhaps the best Monaco GP in a long time!

That pathethic move Felipe Massa made was very odd . It's nothing short of impossible to overtake in that tunnel, sometimes I wonder why he's in that Ferrari :/ .

Last edited by D33-PAC : 29th May 2011 at 20:08.
Old 29th May 2011, 19:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

A great win for Vettel. He was holding fine for nearly 50 laps on those softs until Petrov came to his rescue. Alonso has an solid race to take the Ferrari to 2nd, their best result of the year.

Button and McLaren out thought by both RB and Ferrari and finished 3rd. I missed the start of the race and only watched from lap 30 onwards, but it still was exciting.

Lewis is under investigation for yet another botched overtaking move. He still has to get his head together if things don't go his way.

A champions drive from Vettel. FIA should just give the WDC to him as he is simply unstoppable ATM.
Didn't see much of Schumi to really know how his race went, but Merc and Renault seem to be the disappointments of the season. They are going no where with this terrible race pace.

Canada was exciting last time. Vettel did a one stop for his Monaco win but I wonder how the Canadian GP will turn around!
Old 29th May 2011, 20:03   #43
BHPian

Awesome Race would have been more exciting without the red flag period, Would have been difficult for vettel to hold off Alonso and Button with fresher tyres.

Hamilton surely needs to mature as a driver ...if its not his day, driving aggressively is not going to get him points.(its only going to get him penalties and media attention)

Last edited by aah78 : 29th May 2011 at 22:40. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 29th May 2011, 20:26   #44
BANNED

Need we see more action than this

Nice race, but for me after that HORRENDOUS Mercedes GP of Schumi stopped mid-track, i was more or less out of viewership.. Whats up with Mercedes GP i cant understand.

Good to see Sutil in Force India in that top 10.

Hamilton was more than responsible for 2 dirty race incidents. this BRAT better be penalised for such kind of RASH driving.

Vettel soaked in all the pressures from Alonso(who would be seeing RED) and Button was at his best.
Old 29th May 2011, 22:02   #45
mgh
BHPian

Vettel seems to be unstoppable this season+ Lady Luck seems to be with him.
Good for FI and Sutil to get some points.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks