Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: F1 2011 -Grand Prix De Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia
Overtaking comes at a cost even on the normal roads on which we drive every day. On a racing cirsuit, the cost is exponential, in case of an accident.
Sorry, help me understand! What are you trying to say?

Quote:
If someone has the racing line then he has a right to stick to his line in my opinion. LM on Massa was optimistic, but he was well on the inside for Maldonado. Neither of the drivers gave up. A crash was imminent.
The leading car always has his right on the racing line unless the attacking driver had his nose ahead of the defending car approaching a corner. Why should Maldonaldo give up gto Hamilton?
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:59   #77
BHPian

Quote:
@scuderiamania
The only reason why I support Hamilton is because of the way he drives on track. He gets involved in the action, and action can have accident as a possible out come.
He may be wrong, I dont have the luxury of multiple cameras and telementry to judge, but I support his driving style.
His off track antics are, childish at best.
I do get your point- Its like you prefer a "masala pepsi" to normal colas
I don't mind him crashing into people as long as its not a Ferrari

Quote:
If someone has the racing line then he has a right to stick to his line in my opinion. LM on Massa was optimistic, but he was well on the inside for Maldonado. Neither of the drivers gave up. A crash was imminent.
Do take a look at my videos again. It might change your opinion. What was Maldonado suppose to do? Go straight on and let Hamilton pass, or slow down to let Hamilton through and then enter the corner?

Last edited by scuderiamania : 3rd June 2011 at 19:02.
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:42   #78
BHPian

well totally agree with a few people on here, Hamilton needs to understand its a street circuit, just because you get less chances to make a clean overtake doesnt mean you play dashing cars on the race track like a kid.

I told in one of my earlier posts, he needs to mature as a driver and ensure he makes an overtake stick without touching. we did see a few drivers pulling off awesome overtakes in monaco without making a contact.
(I still remember another childish incident hamilton did, he went and banged Kimi's car from the back at the end of the pit lane, when the pit lane light was red colour. he had enough time to see 2 cars in front of him are not moving, and he came from nowhere and just banged, both hamilton and kimi were out of the race)
Old 4th June 2011, 08:47   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Sorry, help me understand! What are you trying to say?
Can I encourage you to then read that post again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The leading car always has his right on the racing line unless the attacking driver had his nose in the point of no returnof the defending car approaching a corner. Why should Maldonaldo give up gto Hamilton?
Leading car has right of way if it has the racing line covered. Keeping the door open for another car to put its nose in and then closing the door just because you are the leading car is not what I call right of way.
Old 4th June 2011, 08:52   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
I do get your point- Its like you prefer a "masala pepsi" to normal colas
I don't mind him crashing into people as long as its not a Ferrari

Do take a look at my videos again. It might change your opinion. What was Maldonado suppose to do? Go straight on and let Hamilton pass, or slow down to let Hamilton through and then enter the corner?
Someones got to give mate. Sometimes its Hamiltons day, sometimes its someone elses. Banging one driver down because of an accident(s), whereas there are numerous instances of accidents, or even worse things hapening during that race and other races in general is something I cant comprehend.
Old 4th June 2011, 19:28   #81
Senior - BHPian

All these years we'v always had our views on racing incidents.
Now, with ex F1 drivers on the stewards panel, post race penalties etc carry a lot more respect given who's on the panel.

Its like being given out by the 3rd umpire...after he's seen more footage and replays than we have!
Old 6th June 2011, 10:18   #82
BHPian

Chaps, i think we can all agree that Hamilton's moves at Monaco were ill-timed, over-ambitious and desperate.

Whether his driving is exciting or boring is subjective. I personally feel watching Vettel command a race from pole is much better than watching Hamilton who may/may not come out of a move with all parts attached to both cars. So thats a matter of opinion.

However, dangerous driving is not subject to opinion. It just is. For example, no MS fan would try to defend what he did to Rubens in Hungary last year. Similarly, Hamilton fans need to accept that he was pushing it and could easily have caused a major accident in Monaco.

Maldonado and Massa are racing too, they cant just move over. And this comes on the back of LH moaning that everyone blocked him in the last race. Pure desperation. So forget what you think about Hamilton as a fan or a critic. His moves in Monaco were rubbish and lets hope he learns from them, atleast this time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks