Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2011, 19:43   #31
BANNED

Re: F1 2011 - Hungaroring Grand Prix - Budapest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Button wins in his 200th race. Tyre strategy cost dearly for Hamilton.
I think we can call it a Blunder more than calling it Strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Bad for MSC, gearbox failure (commentry said so).
FI seems to be evolving and I'd bet they will make a great team in furture seasons.

Force India sure looks very competitive, Sad to see Sutil being tooo overcautious at the start and lost position.

Sad indeed for Mercedes and Schumi. Car evolving backwards than going forward.

ONE FULL MONTH of F1 Holiday. Lets see what happens once we come back at Belgium.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 31st July 2011 at 19:51.
Old 31st July 2011, 19:56   #32
mgh
BHPian

FI have had one car finishing just behind top three teams, and ahead of the other teams, in the last two races.

Now that they have a competitive car, they can try for better drivers, if available.

Last edited by mgh : 31st July 2011 at 20:05. Reason: afterthought
Old 31st July 2011, 20:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

For me the highlights of the race were two extremely unsafe incidents.

The 1st by some big fools who decided to pull a burnt stricken Renault right back through the pit exit without thinking of closing the pit lane. And we had the world champion and present championship leader exiting the pit lane at the time.

And the second by what has to be said by one of the biggest buffoons of a driver, none other than Lewis Hamilton. The guy spins, sees a train of cars coming through and instead of waiting, downright dangerously turns his car around.

How many times has Lewis been cautioned or given penalties for dangerous driving?? He has been involved in so many dangerous situations, rather I should say created so many dangerous situations. Just giving out drive through penalties is just no good anymore. His licence should be suspended for a race or two.
Old 31st July 2011, 21:28   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Conditions made the race interesting in an otherwise boring track. Good race for Di Resta to get 6 points. Also, lucky to escape from Hamilton when he was recovering from a spin. Sutil had a bad start else we would have seen double points-finish for Force India.

Bad strategy + dangerous driving pushed Hamilton from a certain to victory to 4th place.

What happened to Renault??? Getting worse race by race.
Old 31st July 2011, 22:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
And the second by what has to be said by one of the biggest buffoons of a driver, none other than Lewis Hamilton. The guy spins, sees a train of cars coming through and instead of waiting, downright dangerously turns his car around.

How many times has Lewis been cautioned or given penalties for dangerous driving?? He has been involved in so many dangerous situations, rather I should say created so many dangerous situations. Just giving out drive through penalties is just no good anymore. His licence should be suspended for a race or two.
You've a point. Unless and until FIA does something about this, he will go on and on. In fact, he had called all these penalties "a fricking joke".

How many penalties had he earned this season? Monaco, Malaysia and Hungary are which I'm aware of. Anything else to add?
Old 1st August 2011, 00:01   #36
BHPian

Sad to see that Lewis was driving dangerously and like a maniac again! I guess he deserved his penalty because of the way he drove. Good news is that Force India seem to be doing very well. Hope their good run continues in the races to come.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:54   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
What happened to Renault??? Getting worse race by race.
Renault is still good but others are catching up quickly.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:04   #38
BANNED

I think you guys are being too harsh on Lewis Hamilton. Anyone in his shoes would have done the same thing. Adrian Sutil @ singapore(took out heidfeld who called him an idiot !!!) a year or two ago did the same, I think MS did the same in Abhu Dhabi.

Yes he does some foolish things but it makes watching F1 more fun. If there's too much Lewis Hamilton in Lewis Hamilton it's good for us. F1 would be pretty boring without ambitious and aggressive people like him IMHO. Everybody is the same when the tables are turned, I doubt there is one driver in F1 who would sit and wait for cars to pass and then move on .

BTW: What exactly happened to Petov's car, was it a fuel tank explosion?

Last edited by D33-PAC : 1st August 2011 at 11:12.
Old 1st August 2011, 11:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Adrian may be did it once. But Lewis I am sorry to say, is not an exciting racing driver, he is only dangerous. There is a difference between being aggressive and dangerous. And if I remember in both Adrian's and Schumi's case, they had spun at a corner and did not have a very good view of who was on-coming.

There have been many aggressive drivers over the years, like Schumi, Montoya, Senna, who fight tooth and nail for a place and many a times stretch the limits a little too much. But none of them did things like the stunts Lewis pulls out every 2nd race.

Ask any racing driver, nobody would do what Lewis did at Hungary. Nobody in Nascar, where body contact is part of the game, would do such a thing as rejoining the track when you can clearly see somebody is approaching. I wouldnt mind being aggressive in a fight and having a crash there. But what Lewis did yesterday, was not in a fight. He had made the mistake, and he has to take the fall for it.

If today, I was part of the F1 drivers group, I would definitely lodge a complaint against Lewis.

Just because safety measures have moved to such a plane that even an injury in a crash is highly unlikely, Lewis seems to have interpreted it as having a crash is okay.

If Lewis had pulled this 15 years ago, there would have been a major hue and cry.

Last edited by julupani : 1st August 2011 at 11:52.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Adrian may be did it once. But Lewis I am sorry to say, is not an exciting racing driver, he is only dangerous. There is a difference between being aggressive and dangerous. And if I remember in both Adrian's and Schumi's case, they had spun at a corner and did not have a very good view of who was on-coming.

There have been many aggressive drivers over the years, like Schumi, Montoya, Senna, who fight tooth and nail for a place and many a times stretch the limits a little too much. But none of them did things like the stunts Lewis pulls out every 2nd race.

Ask any racing driver, nobody would do what Lewis did at Hungary. Nobody in Nascar, where body contact is part of the game, would do such a thing as rejoining the track when you can clearly see somebody is approaching. I wouldnt mind being aggressive in a fight and having a crash there. But what Lewis did yesterday, was not in a fight. He had made the mistake, and he has to take the fall for it.

If today, I was part of the F1 drivers group, I would definitely lodge a complaint against Lewis.

Just because safety measures have moved to such a plane that even an injury in a crash is highly unlikely, Lewis seems to have interpreted it as having a crash is okay.

If Lewis had pulled this 15 years ago, there would have been a major hue and cry.
Completely agree!

Quoting an article from PlanetF1 which is one of those Lewis fanboy websites...

Hungarian GP: Winners & Losers | Planet F1 | Formula One | Features | Race Features

Quote:
The Stewards
Lewis Hamilton was penalised for lots of stuff at the Monaco GP and Alan McNish was the driver steward. So, surprise, surprise, Lewis Hamilton got a penalty for spinning his car in Hungary and guess who the driver steward was...? Yes, it did look a tad dangerous but if Lewis is going to get a drive-through penalty for that, then other GP drivers need to be penalised for similar moves, and we all know that is unlikely to happen.

If you look at the replays, if Lewis had left his car exactly where it ended up after the spin - just slung on the anchors and stopped still - Paul Di Resta would still have had to leave the track to avoid him. The fact is, Lewis put it in first gear and moved forward out of the way of two lapped cars allowing them to go through before spinning it round and causing a third lapped car, Di Resta, to put wheels on the grass.Had he stayed where he was, all three would have had to do something interesting.

There didn't seem to be anything come up on screen from the stewards about the 'unsafe release' of a Renault that looked already on fire as it left its pitbox, or about D'Ambrosio doing a stunt parking turn into his garage, or about the collision between Kobayashi and Alguersuari, but Hamilton's spin turn got the treatment. So why is that...?
Its Alan McNish's fault, now Lewis's!
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:25   #41
BHPian

Schumi had a tough time last weekend, really sad for him and his team.

But Button's performance really made the race watching experience for me!
Couldn't have gotten better
Old 4th August 2011, 22:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

what a beautiful drive from Button at his 200th GP. The patience and discipline was great. He may not be a flamboyant driver and he may not be the most exciting but he is championship material in my book. Lewis could not ask for a better teacher.

Now Lewis has to look nowhere but to his team mate to improve his driving. And his problems are not with his talent - he is one awesomely talented driver. But his temperament and his mental frame of mind is what's keeping him from operating at an entirely different level. His admission of guilt for the blunder he made in Hungary for his tyre choice is a good start.

The excuse that he is young does not sell anymore - he has been long enough and that too at a top flight team in F1 not to improve.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks