Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 21:14   #46
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Australian Grand Prix

Looks like we have an exciting race on the cards tomorrow.

McLaren and Mercedes seem to be the strongest at the moment. It would be interesting to see how the Red Bulls perform from the third row.

Though Ferrari seems to be relatively weak, Alonso might be able to get the Ferrari into the top 10.

Lotus also seems strong and Romain has a good chance to be in the top 5. And for Kimi, he seems to be in a relatively faster car - and with the double DRS zone, he hopefully would be able to make up some positions and end up in the top 8.
Old 17th March 2012, 21:23   #47
mgh
BHPian

Ferrari won't struggle for long. I think McLaren, Mercedes, Lotus, Red Bull, and Ferrari will be the top five teams in the early part of the season. Unless one or more move in the wrong direction as Renault did last year, it will be difficult for Force India even to maintain sixth position as they did last year. They will be definitely challenged by Toro Rosso and Williams, and also Sauber.
Old 17th March 2012, 21:56   #48
BHPian

So the first penalty of the season bagged by Perez, for gearbox change. He drops from 17 to 22.
Old 17th March 2012, 22:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

1. McLaren have continued their strong year-end form last year into this year. I think Lewis is favourite for the win tomorrow. Button will probably manage his tires better, but I guess Lewis will be able to build up a sizeable lead before his tires start going away.
2. Mercedes, wow! Good to see Schumi high up on the grid.
3. Redbull don't appear to be the same force in Q3 as they were last year. The race will tell whether they have fallen behind in other areas as well. I guess they might have been even further behind if Rosberg/Kimi hadn't made mistakes.
4. Lotus - Surprise package! May have got 2 cars in top-5 if Kimi had not made the mistake in Q1.
5. Ferrari - In trouble. Alonso can forget a third title in 2012 if Ferrari does not improve in the next 2-3 races. I think they can forget the constructor's title with Massa seeming to have trouble getting into Q2.
Old 18th March 2012, 10:37   #50
BHPian

Guyz, Can any1 help with online broadcasting link where we can see live. I am outside india. Any help much appreciated.
Old 18th March 2012, 11:46   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Guyz, Can any1 help with online broadcasting link where we can see live. I am outside india. Any help much appreciated.
F1 Australian Grand Prix - Main Race Live Stream Online

Please everyone bookmark firstrowsports. Always there's a question regarding where to watch it.
Old 18th March 2012, 12:21   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
F1 Australian Grand Prix - Main Race Live Stream Online

Please everyone bookmark firstrowsports. Always there's a question regarding where to watch it.
Thanks for the link, but none of them seems to work. If you don't mind can you please give me working link.
Old 18th March 2012, 12:27   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Thanks for the link, but none of them seems to work. If you don't mind can you please give me working link.
Erm, the link I gave you, I'm watching from it right now. And if it doesn't work, choose another link at top row. Hope you've flash enabled in your browser. Everyone watches from the same link as I'm watching right now and it works for everyone outside India as well.
Old 18th March 2012, 12:39   #54
BHPian

How did Webber get ahead of Alonso before the safety car? IIRC there was a 5 sec gap
Old 18th March 2012, 13:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun

I listened to the bbc 5 commentary on their website. Worth a shot if you cant find another stream.
Old 18th March 2012, 13:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

A very exciting race to watch if you are a F1 fan. A depressing end if you are a Williams fan (I am).

I was glad the DRS did not aid overtaking too much (not sure why). Glad RB didn't start on a winning note. Glad Jenson won instead on Lewis and will be glad if they kick Massa out!
Old 18th March 2012, 14:11   #57
mgh
BHPian

Last lap problem depriving Rosberg of points, and Maldonado shunting earlier, helped di Resta sneak a point for Force India. Seven teams earned points today.
Constructor's championship
1 McLaren
2 Red Bull
3 Sauber (!)
4 Ferrari
5 Lotus
6 Toro Rosso
7 Force India
Old 18th March 2012, 14:24   #58
BHPian

I feel sorry for Lewis. And i wish ferrari come back strong for the next race.
Old 18th March 2012, 21:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
How did Webber get ahead of Alonso before the safety car? IIRC there was a 5 sec gap
Alonso pitted at Lap 34 (or 35 not sure) Webber got in front of him in that time.
The safety car was just after lap 37
Old 18th March 2012, 21:31   #60
BHPian

-Is it only me or anyone noticed that McLarens and Red Bulls exchanged their roles this time compared to last season. If you ignore how Vettel gained due to the safety car, you can notice-
1. McLarens secured 1-2 in qualification, ran away from the rest at start of the race only to be caught up by the Red Bulls later.
2. Button was like Vettel, always ahead of the pack, never threatened.
3. Vettel was like Button. Worse qualifying position than teammate but eventually caught up and could even have won but Button was just too fast (Vettel used to be just too fast for Button to catch up with).
4. Hamilton was like Webber. Secured pole, had poor start and continued to drop. In last season, if Webber secured pole, you could predict that his race is not going to go well.
5. Webber was like Hamilton. Always tailing behind but never really caught up with the leaders enough to overtake them.

-It was really a pity to see Grosjean, Schumacher and Maldonado to drop out. So far it looks like that-
Top teams- McLaren and Red Bull
Next top teams- Lotus, Mercedes, Williams, Ferrari and Sauber
Average teams- Force India and Torro Rosso
Hopeless team - HRT

-Too hard to predict about drivers since we discovered that so many drivers actually had great talents now that their cars improved a lot.

-This race is distinctly much more exciting than an average race from last season.

What do you guys think?
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks