Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 05:20   #31
Senior - BHPian

This was the best race of the season

Schumacher had another spell of bad luck and has o ly finished 2 of the 7 races this season. Rosberg on the other hand was amazing and made some great passes except for when he lost two places while trying to overtake Massa who continues to perform poorly. The battle between vettel, Hamilton & Alonso was amazing and I believe they would have made the podium if it weren't for the sudden tire degradation. Vettel almost went into the wall of champions towards the end. 7 winners in 7 races with the top 3 drivers separated by a few points. What a season! Canada never disappoints.
Old 11th June 2012, 07:24   #32
mgh
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Canadian Grand Prix

Paul di Resta was forced to pit early because of tyre degradation, and did not have speed on the softs.
Red Bull scored two points more than McLaren
Lotus are 11 points ahead of Ferrari.
Sahara Force India have confirmed that finishing higher than 7th is beyond them. Most likely for them is 8th, with Madcap Maldonado likely to score big points for Williams once in a while.
Old 11th June 2012, 08:29   #33
BHPian

What an amazing and nail-biting race it was! Loved the Vettel-Alonso-Hamilton battle. Especially the moments after Hamilton's 2nd pitstop and the pressure he put on Vettel and Alonso that made both of them rule out their one-stop strategy. Grosjean and Perez in the podium at the end of the race was totally unexpected. With these Pirellis, noone can predict what happens at any point. Its kinda good, in fact that is what we as F1 fans want . 7 races , 7 winners, record in the F1 history, 2012 can't get any better
Old 11th June 2012, 09:17   #34
BANNED

7 Races - 7 Winners. How...?

Hamilton drove like a man possessed, and what a race he took to Vettel and Alonso

Sergio Perez and Romain Grosjean have been wonderful and are looking like a hot property, Massa was dissapointing yet again, so was Ferrari who did not capitalise on the lead they had with Alonso during Hamiltons pit-stop, it was a goof-up as per me.

MERCEDES AMG APOLOGISES TO MICHAEL SCHUMACHER..YET AGAIN

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100289

Yet again, Yet another Mechanical failure for Michael Schumacher..! Mercedes AMG

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 11th June 2012 at 09:45.
Old 11th June 2012, 09:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

What a disappointing end of what could have been a brilliant fight between the top 3 (LH, FA, SV). I can't understand why so many people went for a single stop. This isn't Monaco where you can't overtake. 10 laps from the end LH was only 10 secs behind and going 2+ seconds faster than both FA and SV. Both should have minimized losses and pitted then. But very refreshing to see all three podium drivers genuinely happy with their results. And very surprising to see Perez (and Grosjean?) single stop and still have a very competitive pace till the end.

And what's up with Button?
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 09:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

So finally Hamilton wins. Next race we probably are going to see a repeat winner unless Lotus wants do something about it.
It must have been a surprise for few that Pirellis managed to hold up decently in some cars (Grosjean/Perez) and that they were setting lap times as good as 2 stoppers. But obviously it didn't work for Alonso and Vettel. Had there been another lap, Alonso would have lost 3 more places.
Overall an interesting race.
Old 11th June 2012, 10:22   #37
BHPian

The moment I saw Vettel and Alonso not going to the pits, I knew they're going to fall off the podium. It was blatantly obvious at that point itself. They should've pitted immediately and atleast held on to that podium.

This could be a major, major error in such a close season for both the championship contenders. I dont think the margins of victory for this championship will be more than 10 points and those kind of mistakes will cost Vettel and Alonso dear in the closing stages.

They were so caught up in trying to stop the unstoppable Hamilton that they forgot about their own race and ended up with shot tyres.

Well, Schumacher has now had the worst run of reliability I have ever seen in F1 racing. I dont see him continuing next year. Its been terrible from Mercedes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
And what's up with Button?
I think he's just not got around the setup issues with these tyres yet which is surprising for someone like Button. Hamilton is the kind of driver that just drives around his car's faults, wheras Button needs everything perfect to do well. Thats why we're seeing this contrast this year.
Old 11th June 2012, 12:03   #38
BHPian

Super happy to see Lewis finally taking that elusive 2012 season win. McLarens still not among the best in pitstops. 4.1 and 5.0 for LH. Also interesting to see him communicating continuously with his RE after the debacle in Monaco.

Also IMO DRS was really not required on this track. LH-FA-SV battle would have been epic otherwise.

A weekend to forget for Button and Schumi.
Old 11th June 2012, 12:39   #39
BHPian

Great race for Hamilton, his usual aggressive style, but was controlled. This is how he has been all this season which is good IMO.

Alonso and Vettel played a defensive race around Hamiltion because they knew it was difficult to undercut Hamiltion on 2nd pit stop. So as a result they lost on the podium finish.

Possibility:

Alonso and Vettel could have gone on super softs (Red) for last 11 laps and may be challenged Hamiltion who was running on the harder compound.
Old 11th June 2012, 13:14   #40
BHPian

For me LH won the race the second he overtook FA i think in the 22nd or 23rd lap. After that there was no stopping him. I think his race engineer kept telling him after the 2 second gap that he should ease down. Man what a race it was. And perez and grosjean on podium. Wow!!
Michael Schumacher has been plagued completely this season. Why doesnt he realise Mercedes cars are meant to be carried on flatbed trucks.
Sebastian Vettel almost got famous by nearly hitting the wall of champions.
The man of the moment is Lewis Hamilton. He never ceases to amaze. Damn once he is at the head of the pack he just keeps increasing the gap relentlessly.

Thoroughly enjoyed yesterdays race and the cherry on top would have to be HBO premiering Senna the movie after the race.

Cheers.
Old 11th June 2012, 15:26   #41
BHPian

Amazingly driven by Hamilton and Alonso too was good.
Massa looked quite aggressive in the initial laps of the race. But after the spin, just before the wall of the champions, around 6th lap, he slipped down to 12th from 5th.

Wonderful tyre conservation by Grosjean and Perez and the way they moved up places in the last few laps was a treat to watch.

God only knows what the hell is happening to Michael Schumacher's car! Total disappointment!!
Old 12th June 2012, 12:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Well, Schumacher has now had the worst run of reliability I have ever seen in F1 racing. I dont see him continuing next year. Its been terrible from Mercedes.
I am no MS fan but 5 retirements in 7 races (4 due to unreliability) is unheard of in modern F1. Nico has had none (right?). Is there a conspiracy behind the scenes at Mercedes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
I think he's just not got around the setup issues with these tyres yet which is surprising for someone like Button. Hamilton is the kind of driver that just drives around his car's faults, wheras Button needs everything perfect to do well. Thats why we're seeing this contrast this year.
I know but one wins while the other is lapped!! He will end up like Massa if he doesn't get a handle on this. His wins and podiums seem like they happened in the previous decade (just like Massa's).
Old 12th June 2012, 17:36   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post

God only knows what the hell is happening to Michael Schumacher's car! Total disappointment!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
I am no MS fan but 5 retirements in 7 races (4 due to unreliability) is unheard of in modern F1. Nico has had none (right?). Is there a conspiracy behind the scenes at Mercedes?
With Ross Brawn heading Mercedes AMG, Schumi is definately in Safe hands. They both complement each other just like the Golden old day TRIO of Jean Todt + Ross Brawn + Michael Schumacher

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100289

Mercedes: Resolving Michael Schumacher's reliability problems is priority - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100316

Look at the above links, Ross Brawn has been pondering over Schumi's fate with his Mercedes Car and its only 7 races down,the season has a long way to go. I am sure, Schumi will be Hungry to get them, Schumi has BEEN THERE DONE THAT. I believe his time is going to come in this season, and the critics will Shut up and see the Michael Magic all over once again. Till then just wait and watch

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 12th June 2012 at 17:41.
Old 12th June 2012, 18:13   #44
BHPian

a very exciting race, mainly because of the fast layout of the circuit and due to the pirelli! hamilton drove a superb race! again there was a goof up at the pitstop for him but did not cause much trouble.. Kimi's gamble didn't workout and it was good to see nico putting in fastest laps consistently.......7 winners in 7 races......no predictions about next race!
Old 12th June 2012, 19:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM

Ross Brawn has been pondering over Schumi's fate with his Mercedes Car and its only 7 races down,the season has a long way to go. I am sure, Schumi will be Hungry to get them, Schumi has BEEN THERE DONE THAT. I believe his time is going to come in this season, and the critics will Shut up and see the Michael Magic all over once again. Till then just wait and watch
Agree that Ross Brawn would be using all his experience and intelligence to try and make sure Schumi gets to the top.

But i'm just hoping against hope that Schumi doesn't encounter any more problems. *fingers crossed*

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks