Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 09:31   #1
BANNED

2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil

What a season this was Last race of the season, WDC decider and curtains down for the last time this season before the F1 vacation begins.

Last ever time we will be watching THE LEGEND MICHAEL SCHUMACHER racing, hope he gives us something to cheer about, though its understood the Mercedes GP car is as good as the HRT / Caterhams running around in the field. A Shameful comeback with a Terrible team for him, though we fans loved and will still love him for his Aura and spirits. Long live the Legend.

Also the last time Hamilton running his Monster car for Mclaren, maybe we will not see him more on the podium from the next year, time will tell. A home race for Filipe Massa and Bruno Senna.

The weather for sure might play spoil sport, just hope its not a washout.

LIVE STREAMING SITE FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT WATCH IT ON TV

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/motosport.html

Sau Paulo BRAZIL - F1 TIMETABLE

Fri 23 November 2012

Practice 1 17:30 - 19:00

Practice 2 21:30 - 23:00

Sat 24 November 2012

Practice 3 18:30 - 19:30

QUALIFYING 21:30

Sun 25 November 2012

RACEDAY 21:30

TRACK RECORD - São Paulo

Race Date: 25 Nov 2012

Circuit Name: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace

First Grand Prix: 1973

Number of Laps: 71

Circuit Length: 4.309 km

Race Distance: 305.909 km

Lap Record: 1:11.473 - JP Montoya (2004)

2011 Top 3

1) Mark Webber -- RedBull Racing

2) Sebastian Vettel -- RedBull Racing

3) Jenson Button -- Mclaren Mercedes

So far guys, lets enjoy the last race of the season.

2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil-brazilcircuitmap.jpg

2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil-brazil_560x420.jpg

2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil-134131653_crop_450x500.jpg

2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil-f1-canadian-grand-prix-2011.jpg

2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil-f1brazil2009vettelq1rain.jpg

2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil-raikkonen1lg.jpg

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st November 2012 at 03:14. Reason: corrected Image placement as it was increasing page width, thanks
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 10:05   #2
BHPian

re: 2012 F1 - Sao Paulo Brazil

Stunning start as always , Pavan !!

One thing that makes me feel comfy is the race timings and frankly hitting the bed after 3am made me real tired at work yesterday.
What a race it was and I do hope the last race signs off the entire season in Brazilian Samba style

Last edited by polopm : 20th November 2012 at 10:12. Reason: typo - correction
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 10:09   #3
BANNED

This is literally the only thing I'm looking forward to this week.

God willing, if there is one, will reward Alonso. However, I simply do not see Vettel finishing less than 3rd.

Stefano Domenicali, can you just tell Massa to use those razor like front wings to take out the brat please, slash those tires !!

Last edited by D33-PAC : 20th November 2012 at 10:11.
Old 20th November 2012, 10:15   #4
BHPian

I would love to see Lewis win the race, Alonso second and Vettel far behind so that Alonso wins the WDC. Ron should understand that his stupid rules suffocate good drivers (Montoya, Kimi, Alonso and now Lewis). He should change to retain good drivers.

I hope that Schumacher has a decent finish, at least amongst points. Mercedes should hang their head in shame for making Schumacher's comeback a forgettable affair.
sa_kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 10:34   #5
BHPian

Wonder what will become of Hamilton once he moves over to Mercedes. It should have been a desperate move for him. Was it the money? Should have been because dont see any other reason for his move.

Or does he know something about the 2013 Mercedes F1 car that we dont?
Old 20th November 2012, 10:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I would love to see Lewis win the race, Alonso second and Vettel far behind so that Alonso wins the WDC. Ron should understand that his stupid rules suffocate good drivers (Montoya, Kimi, Alonso and now Lewis). He should change to retain good drivers.

I hope that Schumacher has a decent finish, at least amongst points. Mercedes should hang their head in shame for making Schumacher's comeback a forgettable affair.
+1

My dream race will be a dry qualifying with downpour on race day. FIA decides to let them race for the sake of championship battle. Lewis and MSC start from pits on wet setup after breaking Park Ferme. Both storm through the field finishing 1/2 in any order. Too much to ask for?

Last edited by akshay380 : 20th November 2012 at 10:54.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 11:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
+1

My dream race will be a dry qualifying with downpour on race day. FIA decides to let them race for the sake of championship battle. Lewis and MSC start from pits on wet setup after breaking Park Ferme. Both storm through the field finishing 1/2 in any order. Too much to ask for?

Glad you said 1-2, lewis-schumacher.

Im hoping for a swansong too, from lewis.

And hence, I am NOT going to watch the race live....
Old 20th November 2012, 12:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Stefano Domenicali, can you just tell Massa to use those razor like front wings to take out the brat please, slash those tires !!
I wouldn't be really surprised if something like this happens.. Seeing the Gearbox penalty that Massa took in US, there are no more limits to my imagination on how far Ferarri would go to make Alonso get the WDC. If that happens, I just hope Webber takes out Alonso too
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 12:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

That is a tiny track!!!

I hope it rains a little bit on race day.

Is there a poll going on who is going to win? If so, put my name down for Vettel.
Old 20th November 2012, 12:38   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I wouldn't be really surprised if something like this happens.. Seeing the Gearbox penalty that Massa took in US, there are no more limits to my imagination on how far Ferarri would go to make Alonso get the WDC. If that happens, I just hope Webber takes out Alonso too
This discussion doesn't belong here. It belongs in the general F1 2012 season thread.

My two cents on this topic. I don't know why people are reacting like this to what Ferrari did. It was a tactical decision. Any team would have also done the same thing. I could understand the objections had Massa been in title contention. But he just isn't.

Do we object in cricket when the batting order gets changed on the fly? No we don't and that is only because it is for the better of the team as per the captain's thought process. It is a tactical decision because the captain wants the team to win.

Moreover Ferrari did not do anything illegal. Both Christian Horner and Martin Whitmarsh have said the same thing. So let's get over it and move on.

For the record, if I was Ferrari team boss, I would have done it too. It's a tactical decision of which there are plenty in all sports. Moreover F1 is a team sport and not an individual one. So people have to do whatever works best for the team. In this case Alonso wining the WDCC is a big thing for the team and they should do anything (within the rules) to make sure that he wins even if he has a remote chance.

Edit: For your reading pleasure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20389331

Last edited by vikram_d : 20th November 2012 at 12:41.
vikram_d is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 13:04   #11
BHPian

Looking forward to the race and an Alonso win, but 50-50 for championship. It could be Vettel Vs Alternator!

For Vettel to win:
Vettel 1st - 4th.
Vettel 5th - 7th, Alonso does not win.
Vettel 8th - 9th, Alonso no higher than 3rd.
Vettel DNF, Alonso no higher than 4th.
The race is red flagged before 75% of the race distance.

Alonso just has to focus on the win.
go-pg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 14:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Pavan that it was a great season from a racing point of view, though deep down I feel terribly sorry for the Legend "Schumi". But hey! He does not have anything to prove but definitely its another learning curve for him which he gracefully accepts.

Hoping that the decider would be one humdinger of a race, so need to watch out for sure. As Vikram rightfully pointed out that Ferrari had done nothing illegal in interest of the team which is well within the regulations. But cry baby Alonso had shown his mettle as a champion because the Ferrari he is driving is no match to RBR or Mc Laren as the calendar had shown.

Be it Vettel or Alonso, the calendar is going to finish off in style captivating the audience worldwide.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 15:44   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
This discussion doesn't belong here. It belongs in the general F1 2012 season thread.

My two cents on this topic. I don't know why people are reacting like this to what Ferrari did. It was a tactical decision. Any team would have also done the same thing. I could understand the objections had Massa been in title contention. But he just isn't.

Do we object in cricket when the batting order gets changed on the fly? No we don't and that is only because it is for the better of the team as per the captain's thought process. [/url]
This is a wrong example. A fielder who kicks the ball to a boundary so that the weaker batsman faces the last over ala Lagaan will be criticized and to some extended reprimanded. Nobody will accept that behaviour. That is what ferrari has done. While its not illegal it was definitely unethical. It was a very shameful act by them which needs to be outrightly condemned.
zoombiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 15:52   #14
BHPian

First of all a big thank to pavanji for posting the internet links, sky coverage has much more depth and sensible commentators eventhough martin is the only unbiased guy. Have watched all the races so far and cant wait to see the season ender! Last season i pursued with such interest was 2005.
Think hamilton might win this one wrecking alonsos chances, for vettel the alternator better hold up. Hamilton established himself as the fastest current pilot in the previous race.
Mighty pleased to see iceman in the position he is now, given he now looks a pale shadow of his brute pace, could be .500 secs of this best in heydays.Think he will quit after 2013 if next season is a step backward from this year.
Sincerely hope schumi will be given a lap of honor accompanied by other drivers,(provided they have no qualms :-))
Old 20th November 2012, 16:15   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fernando just has to focus on the win, if he wants the championship. Nothing less will do.

However, that seems like a tall order going by the pace of the Red Bulls & McLaren. While Sebastian & Hamilton were fighting for the lead, Alonso was nowhere to be seen! Anyone watching the USA GP would think the championship battle is between Sebastian & Lewis.

I don't think Fernando is handling the pressure too well either. How can Massa out-qualify him by such a margin in the 2nd last race?!

Vettel has already had a string of bad luck, and made good on it (example : Abu Dhabi recovery). Red Bull shouldn't goof things up, the championship is theirs to lose. I'd say that Vettel : Alonso odds are 85 : 15 right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
frankly hitting the bed after 3am made me real tired at work yesterday
You don't say. My heart was racing so fast after the US GP that I had trouble sleeping in the first place What a mindblowing event it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I just hope Webber takes out Alonso too
C'mon guys, we are all gentlemen here. Let's pray for a clean entertaining race without talk of "taking out" drivers unfairly.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks