Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2013, 12:59   #61
mgh
BHPian

Re: The 2013 Formula One Season

Mallya's 'exciting pairing' cannot be di Resta and Sutil, as it was there in 2011.
The following article seems to indicate that Bianci is also out.
http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227...tay-a-reserve-

Then who could be the exciting driver?
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:41   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Mallya's 'exciting pairing' cannot be di Resta and Sutil, as it was there in 2011.

Bianchi is not only a solid driver, but he also comes with the engine deal equation. What more could other drivers have to offer ? Petrov/Senna/Heikki are already done, and at the most they are slightly above average drivers.

FI has to induct Bianchi at some point of time, so why not do it now, and why look outside when you have one inside.

Bianchi looks like world champ material, and I'd be greatly disappointed in Mallya/Roy/Mol if anyone else took the seat, especially Sutil or Heikki.

Also Bianchi is familiar with the team. From man angles it looks like Bianchi, but only time will tell.
Old 4th February 2013, 10:32   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post

Does that mean Kamui Kobayashi is getting a racing seat with Force India?

Last edited by ashok_lat : 4th February 2013 at 10:52.
Old 4th February 2013, 13:50   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
That would be something !!
Kamui definitely deserves a drive and I would be disappointed if Sutil is given a chance. He never blazed the track and was consistent in finishing (12 th ??).

It might also be on the engines part as 2014 is big for all the teams and you would need to align to Ferrari/Merc/Renault pretty quick so that you can start work on the design. Sauber has almost made it clear that they will stick with Ferrari. Now what is SFI gonna do ?
Old 4th February 2013, 16:46   #65
mgh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Bianchi is not only a solid driver, but he also comes with the engine deal equation. What more could other drivers have to offer ? Petrov/Senna/Heikki are already done, and at the most they are slightly above average drivers.
[quote=polopm;3032491]That would be something !!
Kamui definitely deserves a drive and I would be disappointed if Sutil is given a chance. He never blazed the track and was consistent in finishing (12 th ??).

/quote]

Sutil had finished ninth in the driver's championship in 2011. I feel that he was dropped last year primarily because of the 'glassing' incident in China that year. He was given a suspended sentence and a fine for it in a German court last year. That most probably finished his Formula one career. In view of the circumstances, I wonder why Mallya even bothered to toss Sutil's name in the ring.
Old 4th February 2013, 23:59   #66
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely love the new livery on the C32.

Lewis drove the new W04 and says its not too bad. http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...erez-on-Monday

If the Merc is off pace by a good margin, I think they will throw in the towel for 2013 and concentrate on 2014 by mid season. Coming to think of it, I guess many team may opt for that route.
Old 5th February 2013, 08:38   #67
mgh
BHPian

http://www.forceindiaf1.com/news/det...iving-schedule

Bianchi, Rossiter, will join di Resta for the SFI tests this week.

But still no announcement of 2nd driver!
Old 5th February 2013, 13:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Red Bull clearly had a very fast car last year come Saturday. And often that was not the case on Sunday. I have read and hear that this difference was mainly due to the unrestricted usage of DRS.

Do read this article. http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/0...e-in-the-race/ And also note the comment by malcolm.strachan.

So, I think the gap will come down this year on Saturdays.
The RBR had such superior downforce compared to the others. They had their tyres on the perfect working temperature right after the warm up lap. The downforce levels set in 2010 seem to be good enough for the next three years.

With the DRS, ive felt that the each and every driver were on the edge of using the DRS throughout their hot lap on saturday. It maybe possible that the RBR had so much grip that they could use it in fast sweeping corners while the others had to be a bit cautious.

I still feel it had to do with the downforce of their car. Which i feel a lot wouldnt have been lost this season. The rules and abilities to overtake are such that if you grab pole on saturday, you are most likely assured a win on sunday if you can see yourself through to the chequered flag. Vettel was also supreme in extracting enough from the car in the first two laps that he was never going to be overtaken by the car behind. The gap shot to above 3 seconds in just two laps.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:22   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
With the DRS, ive felt that the each and every driver were on the edge of using the DRS throughout their hot lap on saturday. It maybe possible that the RBR had so much grip that they could use it in fast sweeping corners while the others had to be a bit cautious. I still feel it had to do with the downforce of their car. Which i feel a lot wouldnt have been lost this season.
True that. Since RBR doesn't rely massively on the rear wing for generating downforce, the could afford to employ DRS at places and reduce the drag where others wouldn't have even dared to. With DRS now restricted, RBR will lose this advantage and I think the gap to others will decrease. But the superior downforce remains. Let's see what Newey has up his sleeve.

Quote:
The rules and abilities to overtake are such that if you grab pole on saturday, you are most likely assured a win on sunday if you can see yourself through to the chequered flag. Vettel was also supreme in extracting enough from the car in the first two laps that he was never going to be overtaken by the car behind. The gap shot to above 3 seconds in just two laps.
That's been the strategy right? Gain the pole on Saturday, move out of DRS zone by the third lap when others are still warming up the tyres and maintain that gap. Let's wait and see how everyone fare on Saturdays and the initial laps. That's the key.

First test at Jerez
McLaren started with what they had for 2012. Button' McLaren was both fast and unreliable in the first test yesterday. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105423
But, its early days still. Let's see how the cars evolve over the next 2 months.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 12:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

The F138 is looking beautiful! I hope it also stays on top this season

The 2013 Formula One Season-mg_5045.jpg

Source: F1Fanatic
Old 6th February 2013, 12:38   #71
mgh
BHPian

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/84...berg-s-On-Fire

Nice heading for report on first day of test.

Last edited by mgh : 6th February 2013 at 12:48.
Old 6th February 2013, 12:50   #72
Senior - BHPian

I think quite a few were surprised by Buttons quick lap during testing yesterday. Romain Grosjean looked pretty good in the Lotus and so was Hulkenberg in the sauber.

Ferrari seemed a bit too cautious to say anything about their car. Mark Webber complained of terminal understeer.

I hope we are in for a cracker of a season. Does anyone know when Hamilton will get into the Mercedes? Thats what Im really curious to see.
Old 6th February 2013, 13:07   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I hope we are in for a cracker of a season. Does anyone know when Hamilton will get into the Mercedes? Thats what Im really curious to see.
Hamilton will be driving today. Looks like Hamilton fans are eager about this and hope he fairs well in the Mercedes
Old 6th February 2013, 13:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

I am not much of a Hamilton fan but its true I like him more from last year. Especially after the Austin Texas drive. I am just really curious to see how he fares against Rosberg.

Last edited by Fullrevs : 6th February 2013 at 13:15.
Old 7th February 2013, 08:18   #75
Senior - BHPian

Lewis could manage only 15 laps on the Merc today. He crashed following a fault on the hydraulic brake line at the right-rear. Hamilton said, he hit the brake pedal and it went all the way down after a split second.

Grosjean' Lotus took the spoils on the 2nd day. Impressive number of laps as well beaten only by Webbo' RBR. Massa was 8th.

Look at the detail on that rear wing.
The 2013 Formula One Season-ferrmassjere20132886x590.jpg
Love the side pods.
The 2013 Formula One Season-ferrmassfere20134886x590.jpg

Pics Courtesy: f1fanatic.co.uk

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks