Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2013, 21:15   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I have always thought of iceman as a real cool driver. He definitely did not have the machine compared to Hamilton or Vettel last year but he still came third in the championship. Hope to see him do much better this year. Not much faith on Lotus, but lets hope for the best in the season. Frankly, I have started following Motogp more than F1 because of the sheer thrill of overtaking and lack of surity on the winner as compared to F1 where it has become pretty standard.
OT,

From what I have read on multiple F1 forums, this cool ice man is pathetic in person. Forget about public, but the even with his team.
Old 16th March 2013, 23:16   #47
BANNED

Re: 2013 F1- Australian Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
OT,

From what I have read on multiple F1 forums, this cool ice man is pathetic in person. Forget about public, but the even with his team.
I have also heard this. Although pathetic isn't what was used he is unobedient , careless, and cannot give a damn about others.

I heard this is also why Ferrari had a problem with him - Alonso and Massa can put on a good show as employees and sing any song Montezemolo wants, whereas Kimi hates corporate events and etc.

That is Alonso why Lotus is easy on him I think, as both agreed that his duty would be almost totally on track. Whereas we see the likes of Hamilton, Rosberg, Force India guys having to put up with the commercial side off track.
Old 16th March 2013, 23:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post

I have also heard this. Although pathetic isn't what was used he is unobedient , careless, and cannot give a damn about others.

I heard this is also why Ferrari had a problem with him - Alonso and Massa can put on a good show as employees and sing any song Montezemolo wants, whereas Kimi hates corporate events and etc.

That is Alonso why Lotus is easy on him I think, as both agreed that his duty would be almost totally on track. Whereas we see the likes of Hamilton, Rosberg, Force India guys having to put up with the commercial side off track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post

OT,

He does come off as being some one who could be rude but it sure makes for some very funny interviews and press conferences. Lately team radio as well :P

Last edited by Maky : 16th March 2013 at 23:21.
Old 17th March 2013, 05:53   #49
BANNED

Is the rain expected to get worse during the race ? What is the forecast for the race?

LOL @ all of our predictions. None of us had predicted the front row sitters properly, not even first three properly.

Massively disappointed by Alonso and Sutil's landing in the grid, hopefully some first lap drama will shake up things a few hours from now.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 17th March 2013 at 06:18.
Old 17th March 2013, 08:12   #50
Team-BHP Support

Vettel on pole, followed by Webber and Hamilton. Massa to join Lewis in the 2nd row, followed by Alonso and Rosberg on 5th and 6th respectively.
Old 17th March 2013, 11:08   #51
BANNED

Nico Hulkenberg to skip this race. Why !?

Anyway, it'll be easier for Sutil .
Old 17th March 2013, 11:54   #52
Senior - BHPian

How is Mercedes making those super soft work for so long? Wow!
Old 17th March 2013, 13:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Iceman has done it again, what a great start to the 2013 season.
Lotus on a role and they will play a very crucial role in this season as they can look after their tyres very well.

Good to see Red bull and Vettel not running away with the title race.

Good race by Alonso, Vettel, Massa.
Old 17th March 2013, 13:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Well done Kimi! He did manage his tyres quite well. And he even had enough grip in the end to stretch the lead. Awesome!

And good job Alonso. He did well to not collect the Merc when Lewis flat spotted his tyres while defending.

Waiting for Brundle on the podium and an epic season.
Old 17th March 2013, 13:10   #55
BANNED

And THIS is why Bianchi was not picked !

I think Sutil will be on the podium sometime this season, no doubt.

What a drive by Sutil! Easily the driver of the race.

Also good to see the Bulls had to work for their position!
Old 17th March 2013, 13:29   #56
J.B
BHPian

Sutil - Respect!! After going through all he has over the past couple of years and fighting for podium on his come back race, simply amazing. And good to see FI doing good inspite of the questions over their future. Hope they continue putting a good show.

Nice battle between Lewis and Alonso, other than that okay race. Happy for Kimi. Last season's top 3 finishers end up in the podium - Perfect start to the season.
Old 17th March 2013, 13:35   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Nico Hulkenberg to skip this race. Why !?

Anyway, it'll be easier for Sutil .
Nico Hulkenberg's car had fuel pump issues and team were not able to fix the car in time so bad luck for him.

-Sajan
sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2013, 13:36   #58
mgh
BHPian

SFI has never had a good race day strategist to plan the tyres and pit stops. With a better strategist they will do much better.

Hats off to Sutil and also to di Resta for the double points finish.
Old 17th March 2013, 13:39   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Cant wait for the season to kick off.... Go kimi waiting to hear your car to pit radio again, "Leave me alone, I know what I am doing"

Cant wait for the 1st corner fireworks

-Sajan
Wow... As i had said it Iceman wins Awesome driving from sutil and classic race from alonso. Ferrari looks better compared to last year. Bad Tyre choice for Force India otherwise sutil would have an podium for sure.

-Sajan
Old 17th March 2013, 13:46   #60
BHPian

Excellent race by Kimi & a great way to start the season. What I found shocking was that the blue flag was shown twice to Sutil when he was actually in a racing position. Very bad management on the part of the FIA. The second time it was shown, he lost place to both Hamilton & Webber.
carfreak77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks