Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2013, 15:24   #31
BANNED

Re: 2013 F1 - Malaysian Grand Prix

Lame race overall, quite a predictable outcome. Even worse for poor Alonso, he could have easily won this race wiped that smug grin off of SV.

I hope Vijay Mallya fires the people to be blamed at FI for their nonsensical pit stops. I pity Paul Di Resta, after that overtake of Sutil he must have felt he reduced some weight on his shoulders after Sutil's performance in Australia, and now to be met with this crap - lame !

I think for now it can be ruled out that FI will not do well at any track with rain on the radar, clearly both guys are not confident in water.
Old 24th March 2013, 15:25   #32
Team-BHP Support

What an uncomfortable and awkward post race event. Webber pissed off at Vettel. REd Bull pissed off with Vettel and Vettel looking very nervous. Rosberg pissed off with Hamilton and Hamilton feeling a bit guilty.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 15:26   #33
BANNED

What a nice race

Alonso - It was Stupid on his part to have driven the way he did in the condition given, He paid for it Dearly.

Hamilton - Did not deserve the Podium, Roseberg was quite quicker than him. Thanks for the Repeated Team Orders. EPIC LOL Moment - When he pitted at his EX-Garage

Vettel & Webber - Awesome racing guys, although Webber was not happy about it post race.

Force India - Vijay Mallya's woes continues, looks like he ran out of money to fuel up his cars to run the entire race. Sutil and Di-Reista were looking strong.

Mclaren Mercedes - They seems to have lost it after Hamilton's exit.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th March 2013 at 15:31.
Old 24th March 2013, 15:28   #34

A heart wrenching race for Ferrari and Force India fans. I'm shocked that Ferrari didn't react to the front wing problem faster thinking they could change it when Alonso came in for slicks. Massa's race was also quite lack lustre, having finished 3 places lower than he started.
As for Di Resta, I'd be banging the wheel in frustration if I was propped up on the jacks for that long.:lol poor guy.
Also I felt Mercedes impeding Rosberg was quite unfair. Why should one driver be deprived of an easy podium on account of the team not being able to coordinate with the other?
All in all quite a few heart breaks at Sepang. Though there were quite a few light hearted moments like Hamilton's sudden strike of amnesia in the pit lane and Rosberg's "remember this one guys" was quite to the point :lol
Old 24th March 2013, 15:31   #35
BHPian

Missed the telecast. Can someone share repeat telecast timings?
Old 24th March 2013, 15:33   #36
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yuck, the most boring race in a long while.

All the guys on the podium seemed sad about how things went.

Weber surely could have got on to the lead. There is going to be a lot of friction for the rest of the series for sure.

Hamilton atleast admitted that he should have been in fourth instead of his teammate.

Force India would have done well if qualifying had remained Dry towards the end stage. Felt Sutil could have been on Pole itself.
Old 24th March 2013, 15:34   #37
Team-BHP Support

Some strong words from Webber on the podium. Vettel being a bit stupid in his reply. Atleast Hamilton showed some humility.
Old 24th March 2013, 15:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wow what a race!!!, More than the action on the track, I beleive there will be lot more action off it for the next three weeks.

Webber is truly pissed off and this will really bring in some bitter fight going forward.

Rosberg really deserved the podium this race, Hamilton did a good job of handling the situation by acknowledging Rosberg's pace and position.

Massa saved the day for Ferrari with a good finish in 5th place.

Lot more action is awaited off the track in the coming weeks.
The 2013 season could not have a better scripted start than what we have now after the initial two races.
Old 24th March 2013, 16:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

The Red Bull Team Principal does not have balls to control his number 1 driver and Vettel is taking full advantage of it. MS got away with such bulldozing in his time and Vettel will get away with it too.

As Matt Marsh put it "Vettel might have equalled Jackie Stewart's record of 27 victories but he is nowhere near the class of JS". The look on Paula ALi's face was well worth a pretty penny.

You are still in time to watch the post race interview, today that is where all the action is today as it was in the pre podium interaction between Mark Webber and VS. MW just had two words to say to Vettel 9-21; 9-21 and the looks on both their faces were priceless. I was half hoping Hamilton to say " Thank God drivers listen to the team orders in my team" during the podium interview with Martin Brundle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Missed the telecast. Can someone share repeat telecast timings?
They are showing it again right now, catch it if you can.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 16:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Very upset to see FI double DNF.
The race overall was a 7/10 for on track action. The race was a 10/10 for all the controversy ; ).
Old 24th March 2013, 16:31   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The Red Bull Team Principal does not have balls to control his number 1 driver and Vettel is taking full advantage of it. MS got away with such bulldozing in his time and Vettel will get away with it too.

As Matt Marsh put it "Vettel might have equalled Jackie Stewart's record of 27 victories but he is nowhere near the class of JS". The look on Paula ALi's face was well worth a pretty penny.

You are still in time to watch the post race interview, today that is where all the action is today as it was in the pre podium interaction between Mark Webber and VS. MW just had two words to say to Vettel 9-21; 9-21 and the looks on both their faces were priceless. I was half hoping Hamilton to say " Thank God drivers listen to the team orders in my team" during the podium interview with Martin Brundle.

They are showing it again right now, catch it if you can.
So we guys prefer F1 going the WWF / WWE way.

MS was a master at what he did, and he did it convincingly at whatever he did and his name stays there at top come whatever may. Matt Marsh might not even have touched a F1 car in his life, so its easy for him to talk whatever he wants. Vettel is a hardcore Racer, i am sure many of us enjoyed Hard-Core racing. RedBull is No.1 because of this guy Vettel, no two ways about it. If we prefer watching Team orders like we did today with Mercedes , then there is no Fun left in F1 anymore

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th March 2013 at 16:32.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 16:43   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
So we guys prefer F1 going the WWF / WWE way.

If we prefer watching Team orders like we did today with Mercedes , then there is no Fun left in F1 anymore
Pavan, those were my exact thoughts. It was horrible watching Mercedes today. If everything was preordained, why watch races anymore. Might as hear from the team principals before the race
Old 24th March 2013, 16:52   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Vettel is a hardcore Racer, i am sure many of us enjoyed Hard-Core racing. RedBull is No.1 because of this guy Vettel, no two ways about it. If we prefer watching Team orders like we did today with Mercedes , then there is no Fun left in F1 anymore
It's called racing when drivers are trying to race. As Alex Yoong said Vettel wanted a race but Webber was not racing. He had dialed down the engine and was preserving tyres as instructed.

Moreover Alex Yoong also specified that there were 3 places where Webber could have closed the door if it was actual racing. Instead Webber backed off and did not close the door since it would mean pushing his team mate out on the grass.

What Vettel did was unfair. Had he overtaken when the team did not have any instructions to both drivers.

I feel sad for Rosberg who was clearly quicker and did not have fuel issues.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 17:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

All of them are hard core, it is not exclusive to drivers coming out of a particular place. Mean streak, well that does seem to be but then that thought is quickly banished by the likes of another German viz. Nico Rosberg. Listen to his exchanges on the team radio and then his comments in the post race circus interview. He could have easily been on the podium but then we all saw what transpired.

Ross brown's comments on the team radio were again cool calm and class apart. What a beautiful job of handling both of his drivers who are as ambitious as the next F1 driver.

No body is trying to take away from MS or Vettel their credibility as race car drivers, cause no one can. However none can forget what MS did to a lot of his fellow drivers (not necessarily his team mates, not that he spared them) in order to get ahead, podium or no podium.

Vettel is beginning to show the same streak and it will only get stronger and uglier, unless RB team management grows a pair and nips this in the bud.

Both the RB drivers were conveyed the 9-21 code, which means that they have to hold positions as they are at that time. As if it were not enough for Vettel to ignore this, it is the way he overtook MW almost pushing him on to the green, is what got everybody's goat. It was outright stupid of him and infact for a moment it looked as if they were going to go out like they did some seasons ago in a similar fashion. There were 9 laps to go, the gap was less than a second he could have gotten away elsewhere and probably a lot cleaner too.

MW was upset about Vettel not going with a set procedure which he himself has complied with on more than one occasions. In the podium interview MW clearly said that he had turned his engine power down once the code was relayed and was taken by surprise to see Vettel attacking him in the fashion that he did.

As far as WWF or E are concerned, it is well a very different ball game. There all of the teams are in collusion and here it is just the matter of coordination of two members of the same team. I do not hear of such comparisons when one partner continues to pull away from a rival team's driver who is being held back by his team mate.

Anyhow, since I am an Iceman fan followed by Ferrari, I had a very bad race and frankly what the other teams did was well phuuussss.

Quote:
Vettel is a hardcore Racer, i am sure many of us enjoyed Hard-Core racing.
Old 24th March 2013, 17:49   #45
Team-BHP Support

I am not surprised with Vettel’s behavior, and it was quite right on Webber’s part to show his displeasure. Even Horner told on Vettel’s radio that what he is doing is silly.

And Lewis trying a pitstop with McLaren was quite hilarious

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks