Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 07:55   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP's F1 Fantasy League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
BTW, deetjohn is World No. 1 for Bahrain, awesome job man.
Thanks! It is mainly due to the Double Points bonus for Bahrain which I had set before the season start. I wanted to remove it for this round and I still do. I drew a blank for many slots with my current team.

And I don't think F1 FRL is that popular. I really do wonder how Maky found it.
Old 8th April 2014, 16:38   #92
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Google, Finding a free one was difficult. Not sure how popular it is but it serves our purpose just as well.

Original post now updated with Bahrain results. Thanks again GTO.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 17:55   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thanks! It is mainly due to the Double Points bonus for Bahrain which I had set before the season start.
Being at the top with double points indicates that you got the most out of DP bonus which I guess would be crucial for the standings.

BTW, I got 5/6 in the top ten bonus. So the tricky bonus out of the way for me without much loss

Last edited by zenren : 8th April 2014 at 17:59.
Old 9th April 2014, 07:44   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Google, Finding a free one was difficult. Not sure how popular it is but it serves our purpose just as well.
Its works very well indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Being at the top with double points indicates that you got the most out of DP bonus which I guess would be crucial for the standings.
2 drivers in my team scored zero points at Bahrain, so I was just lucky there. But still much better than my first bonus - Pole Sitter, when Lewis retired shortly after the start at Australia.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 09:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2 drivers in my team scored zero points at Bahrain
FRL doesn't insist that the drivers should finish the race to earn points and getting 0 for a driver is impossible. Even if a driver starts from the back of the grid and retires after the first corner, he'll still earn 15 points which is the absolute worst case.

Sutil came close to it - he ran for 17 laps before retiring with worst position for Q and race. He still got 32 points - better than Kobayashi's 24 from first race which would be a record that is difficult to beat this year! Even if someone retires towards the end of the race, its not as bad as it looks.

Last edited by zenren : 9th April 2014 at 09:18.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 15:56   #96
Senior - BHPian

Boring race but a decent haul in GP predictor. Got the top 5 correctly predicted. Hoping to get to P2.

Deetjohn has managed to predict 9/10 positions correctly. Awesome job!
You could be Global topper for the weekend! Do let us know if a PS3 is on the way.

FRL haul should be ~1000 I think. Having the race cut short by 2 laps would mean 12 points lost for everyone. How about you folks?

Last edited by zenren : 20th April 2014 at 16:24.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 23:49   #97
Senior - BHPian

The Results are out. I hold 4th.
I'm away at a friends wedding so I cannot update the OP currently or for the next few days I think. If zen could be kind enough like the last time ^_^.
Old 21st April 2014, 08:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

Sure Maky, I was waiting for GP predictor results also to get updated. Here goes the latest standings:

FRL:
Team-BHP's F1 Fantasy League-frlchn.jpg

Arun_josie, Deetjohn and Nexus F1 are in a very close battle at the top with a decent margin to the rest of the pack. P2 and P3 have an bonus remaining up their sleeve and the positions could change depending on how they manage to use it.

Participant count is now 40 for our little league. Great going guys. More players are leveraging the DP bonus. Top 9 have used the DP bonus and it would be impossible to catch them unless others use their DP bonus. Here is the standings without the bonus:

Team-BHP's F1 Fantasy League-frlchn2.jpg

GP Predictor:
Name:  gppchn.png
Views: 1484
Size:  22.6 KB

Deetjohn has taken over the lead with a massive gap to the rest and I've managed to jump up to P2. Positions are changing across the field and it can be expected throughout the season. Ambitious but Rubbish and parik_ind are the biggest gainers this weekend, making up 5 places.

With a very realistic chance of scoring as low as ~20 or as high as ~200 every weekend, things can easily change with just a lucky weekend. Theoretical range is 0-335.

Those who are yet to join can still join now and get to the top if you get a race weekend spot on when compared to the rest. Everyone from P2 through last are still sitting with a total from 4 races that can be beaten by someone who joins fresh and gets the next race spot on.

Global topper for this GP:
Global best for the weekend was 230 with someone managing to predict correctly the top 9 positions and pole, FL, positions gained correctly. Only wrong prediction was Button in P10 who actually finished P11!
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 09:07   #99
BHPian

I actually thought I did quite well this race, but turns out that this was the lowest scoring race of the 4 so far for me with just 1011 points.
Happy I am still in 3rd, with one bonus still remaining, which I'm not gonna be using for a while.
Old 21st April 2014, 10:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Deetjohn has managed to predict 9/10 positions correctly. Awesome job!
You could be Global topper for the weekend! Do let us know if a PS3 is on the way.
Thanks! Global Topper? LOL! I am 24th in fact.

And I am not even the first from India. F14TFerrari has managed 200 points including his first prediction bonus of 20 points.
Old 21st April 2014, 11:08   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Global Topper? LOL! I am 24th in fact.

And I am not even the first from India. F14TFerrari has managed 200 points including his first prediction bonus of 20 points.
I assume both of us would have got the perfect score in f1fanatic predictions. If I knew that lap time would finally matter, I would have probably updated it after FP3. I gave ~1:59 as lap time based on Friday times but I guess there would be some folks who would have given more accurate times after FP3. How close was your lap time?
Old 21st April 2014, 11:23   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How close was your lap time?
I am very close. Just 17 seconds off.

I was totally occupied over the weekend, missed both Q and race as well. So, made all predictions on Friday. And was not sure whether I had the same predictions for F1Fanatic and gppredictor. Just checked and it looks like I kept the same order for both sites. I don't bother much about the pole time as getting the predictions itself is quite a task.
Old 21st April 2014, 11:35   #103
BHPian

Ah, finally the updated scores . Ambitious But Rubbish seems to be doing well for now, not all that rubbish

Cursing myself for missing out on joining the leagues in the beginning.
Missed out on collecting points in Australia. Sucks. Need to use my Pole Sitter bonus in the next race to get close to the leaders in FRL.

I think the GP Predictor system makes much more sense, rather than selecting 6 drivers and 2 constructors in the FRL system.
Users should always have a chance of re-organising their predictions.
Old 21st April 2014, 12:18   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Ah, finally the updated scores . Ambitious But Rubbish seems to be doing well for now, not all that rubbish
Speaking of ironical team names, the global leader in FRL used to be "No points" till last race and now he is in 2nd position!

Quote:
I think the GP Predictor system makes much more sense, rather than selecting 6 drivers and 2 constructors in the FRL system.
Users should always have a chance of re-organising their predictions.
Both have its own advantages. GP Predictor could be better in those weekends where we are free to closely follow while FRL would be helpful when you've got more weekends where you are likely to be occupied with other stuff and cannot follow the races live and relook at the predictions.
Old 21st April 2014, 15:08   #105
Senior - BHPian

Due to travel I missed out on Selecting my GP Predictor choices. Does it revert to previous race choices if you don't select? or you get DNQ for such a race?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks