Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 09:58   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread

Some select pics from the weekend.

Alonso had a superb drive on Sat to put the car on 2nd row with that awkward steering.
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-ferralonsepa20143886x590.jpg

The who got bigger balls game. I love it when the top guys give just enough room for the other fella while attempting a pass.
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-startsepa20147886x590.jpg

Lewis the Stig! Don't miss the glove which shows time.
2014 Malaysian GP : Race Thread-merchamisepa201435886x590.jpg

Courtesy
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:52   #77
Senior - BHPian

Some radio messages from Malaysian GP.

Lap 6: Jonathan Eddollls - Valtteri Bottas
Quote:
JE: Don’t attack Massa. Don’t be aggressive to Massa, we need to let him go through Magnussen and then we’ll just follow through.
VB: Well tell him to go through. I have more pace.
Lap 17: Simon Rennie - Daniel Ricciardo
Quote:
SR: OK Daniel, we suggest you drop back a little more to look after the tyres. Aim for two seconds to Vettel. Alonso three seconds behind you.
DR: The Merc’s getting closer, though. If something goes on, I want to be a part of it.
SR: OK Daniel, understood.
DR: I’ll be sensible with the tyres, but I won’t lose any unnecessary time.
Sebastian Vettel - Guillaume Rocquelin
Quote:
Lap 43 - Vettel is trying to lap Grosjean.
SV: Can you ask Charlie to get him blue flag?

Lap 44 - Vettel is still behind Grosjean
SV: If you could ask Charlie to tell him in French, maybe then he understands.
Andrew Murdoch, Felipe Massa, Jonathan Eddollls, Valtteri Bottas, Rod Nelson
Quote:
Lap 53:
AM: OK Felipe, Valtteri’s faster than you, he’s got fresher tyres, do not hold him up.
AM: OK Felipe, Valtteri has got better tyres, we need to let him go.

Lap 54
RN?: Felipe you’re slower than Valtteri, let him past. You’re slower than Valtteri, don’t hold him up.
FM: Getting quicker.

Lap 55
JE: Pull to the right to cool the engine on the straight, pull to the right.
VB: I have more pace but if he’s releasing full every atraight there’s no chance I can get through.
JE: Copy that, we’re racing him.

AM: Felipe we need you to cool the car for temperatures.
AM: OK we need to lift and coast to cool the car, we need you to lift and coast to cool the car.

Lap 56
AM: OK Felipe we’ll hold position, Valtteri will not attack you, Valtteri will not attack you. Just cool the car, keep cooling the car. Valtteri will not attack you, just cool the car.

VB: I can get him in the next lap. Can I get?
JE: We really need to cool the engine. Negative on the overtake.

Victory Lap
JE: So you finished P8. Great job, we knew there was more positions there, we’ll have a chat afterwards.
VB: Thanks guys, well done. I’m just hundred percent sure I could have got the McLaren.
Source with full list

Last edited by zenren : 2nd April 2014 at 17:54.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 21:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
BTW, the most crucial finishing position from this race might be Kobayashi's 13th. Unless Marussia can match it sometime this season, this will give Caterham the 10th place in constructors.
Marussia also has a 13th place finish with Chilton in Aus GP. So both have one 13th place finish each. But Caterham is ahead right now because of 14th place finish in this race with Marussia finishing 15th. If Marussia finish 14th in next race and Caterham 15th, they will overtake Caterham in standings. So it's pretty close between these two teams.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 23:01   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Marussia also has a 13th place finish with Chilton in Aus GP. So both have one 13th place finish each. But Caterham is ahead right now because of 14th place finish in this race with Marussia finishing 15th. If Marussia finish 14th in next race and Caterham 15th, they will overtake Caterham in standings. So it's pretty close between these two teams.
Thanks for pointing it out; I forgot about Ricciardo's disqualification elevating Chilton too in Australia. Somehow overlooked the couple of non-points positions that got elevated and was remembering what I saw immediately after the race.

14th is relatively easier than a 13th, though it is unlikely for them to do better than 15-16 in the second half of the season one all cars become reliable. If Ricciardo's 2nd in Australia gets restored in appeal, Marussia would have a tough task of getting another 13th place finish. They'll need to get it before Lotus and Sauber sort out their reliability woes, otherwise it is much more difficult for them.
Old 3rd April 2014, 19:08   #80
BHPian

Overall it was a good race. Good to see Hamilton at the front and he showed really good pace. Red Bull looks best of the rest for now.

Another bad day for Ricciardo. He has been given 10-place Bahrain grid penalty for his unsafe release during the Pits. See official article http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...4/3/15640.html.

Hulkenberg profited from a very good 2 stop strategy as Force India got another good point’s haul.

Can't wait to see the first night race at Bahrain on coming Sunday.
Old 4th April 2014, 18:54   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VB: I have more pace but if he’s releasing full every atraight there’s no chance I can get through.
What the hell does this mean? Bottas says 'I have no chance to get through' so then what does 'I have more pace mean'

TRANSLATION: I have more pace but I dont have the balls to overtake

Quote:
Lap 53:
AM: OK Felipe, Valtteri’s faster than you, he’s got fresher tyres, do not hold him up.
AM: OK Felipe, Valtteri has got better tyres, we need to let him go.

Lap 54
RN?: Felipe you’re slower than Valtteri, let him past. You’re slower than Valtteri, don’t hold him up.
FM: Getting quicker.

Lap 55
JE: Pull to the right to cool the engine on the straight, pull to the right.
JE: Copy that, we’re racing him.

AM: Felipe we need you to cool the car for temperatures.
AM: OK we need to lift and coast to cool the car, we need you to lift and coast to cool the car.

Lap 56
AM: OK Felipe we’ll hold position, Valtteri will not attack you, Valtteri will not attack you. Just cool the car, keep cooling the car. Valtteri will not attack you, just cool the car.

VB: I can get him in the next lap. Can I get?
JE: We really need to cool the engine. Negative on the overtake.

Victory Lap
JE: So you finished P8. Great job, we knew there was more positions there, we’ll have a chat afterwards.
VB: Thanks guys, well done. I’m just hundred percent sure I could have got the McLaren.
I see the games they are playing. Instead of saying 'slow down and let teammate overtake', they say 'car is overheating, slow down'
Old 4th April 2014, 19:47   #82
Team-BHP Support

What's with all these team orders - what happened to using talent to overtake the guy in front?

You're going faster than the guy in front of you but you're still behind him, & you need someone to tell him to slow down so that you can pass? Ridiculous!
Old 4th April 2014, 22:24   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What the hell does this mean? Bottas says 'I have no chance to get through' so then what does 'I have more pace mean'

Massa had older tyres and lesser grip than Bottas which made him slower everywhere else, except the straights. The only risk-free overtaking opportunity was in the straights where Massa used DRS to defend himself against Bottas.

Quote:
I see the games they are playing. Instead of saying 'slow down and let teammate overtake', they say 'car is overheating, slow down'
Looks like they were/are really afraid of the engine life - Williams ran just the bare minimum runs in FP1 and FP2 today for both the cars.
Old 4th April 2014, 22:38   #84
Senior - BHPian

Risk Free?? When I'm travelling on a Indian highway with wife & chilldren............thats when I look for 'risk free' overtaking opportunity. These buggers are paid millions to entertain us with some ballsy driving.

As if DRS and superwide track is not enough, Bottas still needs a feeding bottle

Quote:
Massa had older tyres and lesser grip than Bottas which made him slower everywhere else, except the straights. The only risk-free overtaking opportunity was in the straights where Massa used DRS to defend himself against Bottas.
Nett Nett, Bottas doesn't have the balls to overtake Massa so there's no way he's gonna overtake Button. Case closed

to Massa
Old 4th April 2014, 23:01   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I think this means that Massa was using full electric power to try and keep Bottas behind. Bottas could have gone through but with team mates it's easier to tell the pits to ask the other to guy to let you pass.

Bottas was quicker, but rather than pull off a racing overtake he asked nicely.
Old 4th April 2014, 23:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
These buggers are paid millions to entertain us with some ballsy driving.
I meant the risk of taking both the Williams out of the race due to a stupid move from either drivers. Given how things turned out and how Massa reacted, he could have chosen to take the risk of an accident to prevent Bottas from passing him.

Please don't think these guys are out there to entertain the fans. Teams are in it for the constructors points and the revenue at the end of the season. That is the reason these drivers are paid by the teams - to race other teams and bring home as many points as possible. WDC and the fight between the drivers is all a bonus in the current scenario and part of the marketing strategy to sell F1 to the audience. WCC is where the real money lies and that's what the teams are really after. Probably the only driver who can dictate the terms to the team is Maldonaldo, since he is arranging the main sponsors for the team.

Quote:
As if DRS and superwide track is not enough, Bottas still needs a feeding bottle
Bottas didn't have any advantage from DRS since Massa also had DRS thanks to Button in front. If Bottas tried to overtake Massa and Massa with his lower grip levels crash into Bottas, blame would be on Bottas for taking both cars out of the race. That is the reason drivers think twice before racing their team mates. If Bottas tries to overtake Button and crashes out, Williams and McLaren would both suffer comparable losses in points which would still not change the points difference between the teams by a big margin. That would be worth the risk. If Massa and Bottas crash out, they lose the 14 points they earned and gift another 4 more points to Magnussen and McLaren.

Last edited by zenren : 4th April 2014 at 23:05.
Old 4th April 2014, 23:14   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I think this means that Massa was using full electric power to try and keep Bottas behind. Bottas could have gone through but with team mates it's easier to tell the pits to ask the other to guy to let you pass.

So let Bottas also use full electric power. Its the same damn car no?

Ok fine he asked like a gentleman. After no response from Massa, he should've gone for it?

Quote:
Bottas didn't have any advantage from DRS since Massa also had DRS thanks to Button in front. If Bottas tried to overtake Massa and Massa with his lower grip levels crash into Bottas, blame would be on Bottas for taking both cars out of the race. That is the reason drivers think twice before racing their team mates. If Bottas tries to overtake Button and crashes out, Williams and McLaren would both suffer comparable losses in points which would still not change the points difference between the teams by a big margin. That would be worth the risk. If Massa and Bottas crash out, they lose the 14 points they earned and gift another 4 more points to Magnussen and McLaren.
Sorry not buying.

There are 100s of examples of clean overtakes in Formula1 between rival teams. If Bottas had even attempted Massa would not have blocked him. The chicken did not even try

Nett Nett Bottas clearly did not have the pace to overtake Massa, he was slightly faster but thats no good if you cant pass.

So its no fault of Massa.

Last edited by Mpower : 4th April 2014 at 23:16.
Old 8th April 2014, 07:57   #88
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see Williams public apology to Massa

Nuff said!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...-Malaysia.html

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113262

Quote:
I meant the risk of taking both the Williams out of the race due to a stupid move from either drivers. Given how things turned out and how Massa reacted, he could have chosen to take the risk of an accident to prevent Bottas from passing him.

Please don't think these guys are out there to entertain the fans. Teams are in it for the constructors points and the revenue at the end of the season. That is the reason these drivers are paid by the teams - to race other teams and bring home as many points as possible. WDC and the fight between the drivers is all a bonus in the current scenario and part of the marketing strategy to sell F1 to the audience. WCC is where the real money lies and that's what the teams are really after. Probably the only driver who can dictate the terms to the team is Maldonaldo, since he is arranging the main sponsors for the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks