Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2016, 17:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : 2016 Monaco Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
Atleast two teams were suspected to have managed to reduce the pressure of the front tires while driving by 1.5 PSI approx.
Do you know which teams? A new regulation is imminent regarding the tyre pressure during the race, I believe.

I believe the current ruling don't deal with the tyre pressure during the race or do they?

Quote:
Sorry for being
Not interested in how LH is celebrating with Biebs.
Lol. .
Old 31st May 2016, 17:46   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Do you know which teams? A new regulation is imminent regarding the tyre pressure during the race, I believe.

I believe the current ruling don't deal with the tyre pressure during the race or do they?

Lol. .
The current regulations includes checking of pressures on the grid before formation lap and before tyre use during race.
Hence the suspected use of extra heating arrangements to retain the heat on the hub/ tyres while initial checks are done.
Live monitoring happens even now. But the teams are not obligated to share the data to FIA.
Probably from 2017, FIA will install its own TPMS (like the fuel flow sensor).

The two teams apparently struggling because of the higher warranted tyre pressures are McLaren and Ferrari.
Rumors are on about RBR and STR managing to drop the pressure by using some clever rims etc.
Most of the teams try to maintain a "hot" wheel/ brakes at the time of checks and cool it down during running and thus lower the tyre pressure for better grip.

Last edited by jfxavier : 31st May 2016 at 17:47.
Old 31st May 2016, 22:11   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm.

Monaco is the most toughest race of the calendar year, and the one of the few races where the driver can find more time than the car is capable off. Yes, there will be less overtaking but don't you think its challenging to see them almost kiss the barriers, like the one at exit of swimming pool.

I believe you didn't watch the race today. Nasr did receive instruction over radio to move over and let Ericsson by, he didn't budge.
I agree that it is a tough race, that's what I meant by calling it a busy circuit. Sometimes the only interesting stuff is the crashes and not the brilliant overtakes that we seen on other tracks.

And I know Nasr did receive the instruction. I said this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
Sauber had the worst day out today. Both drivers retiring is the last thing they would've wanted. To be fair, the team shouldn't have instructed Nasr to let his team mate pass.
Old 31st May 2016, 23:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
And I know Nasr did receive the instruction. I said this .
My bad.

Most of the F1 races are not that exciting to be honest. Very rarely you get races which are interesting to watch. For me, qualifying, especially Q3 last minutes are often more exciting, than the race itself.

BTW, which F1 track do you like the most?
Old 1st June 2016, 03:14   #50
BHPian

This for sure was one of the most exciting of races after very long. Awesome come back drive by Hamilton, thankfully the car stayed with him this time, except for a minor hiccup at the start of Q3.

I am sure Red Bull has a lot to discuss behind doors before the next race. Its not usual to see them making mistakes.

Nico was a real shocker for me though. Its still not clear what exactly happened to him or his car. He did say he could not build temperatures, but cmon, he is not a rookie. It was just not his day I suppose. Another shocker was Ferrari, they just seem to be going a step back every race. It would be interesting to see what happens in the next race when both the Red Bulls have Renault's new spec engine. Should be an exciting fight on a real Power circuit.

MaSh
Old 1st June 2016, 22:02   #51
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, which F1 track do you like the most?
Spa is my first favourite. I just love the circuit, the long tricky curves.

My second is Monza. The track where we can see raw power of an F1 car.
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:13   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

“The feeling I had in the car was more painful than having to let Hamilton go past,” Rosberg admitted afterwards, having come home seventh after being passed by Sergio Perez, Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso during the pit stop cycle and seeing Nick Hulkenberg beat him to the line as the rain returned on the final lap.

“It was very painful of course but easy to decide to do that,” he added on letting Hamilton by, with the two Mercedes drivers having an agreement to let each other go if one was considerably quicker and the chances of a team victory were being compromised.

“It was pretty simple -I wasn't going to be able to fight for the win. They gave me a warning to up my pace and I couldn't so it was logical and fully understandable.”

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/f1-gra...osberg-2029253

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJITHAAA View Post
Wow, its hard to satisfy everybody isn't it? like team orders the FIA need to hand over scripts to guys on podium on how to celebrate. The script should be a summary of suggestions on how to celebrate, if on podium from people who do not like or outright hate the particular individual.
Say what?
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:20   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
“The feeling I had in the car was more painful than having to let Hamilton go past,” Rosberg admitted afterwards, having come home seventh after being passed by Sergio Perez, Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso during the pit stop cycle and seeing Nick Hulkenberg beat him to the line as the rain returned on the final lap.

“It was very painful of course but easy to decide to do that,” he added on letting Hamilton by, with the two Mercedes drivers having an agreement to let each other go if one was considerably quicker and the chances of a team victory were being compromised.

“It was pretty simple -I wasn't going to be able to fight for the win. They gave me a warning to up my pace and I couldn't so it was logical and fully understandable.”

http://www.iol.co.za/motoring/f1-gra...osberg-2029253

Say what?
It's all a bit of Karma and payback. The luck which Rosberg had from the start of the season has waned a bit. Lewis is generally OK in Canada and Hungary. Let's wait and watch how things pan out.

I am starting the silly season thread for 2017 in case someone hasn't started it yet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks