Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2019, 12:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1: The 2019 British Grand Prix

Exciting race with quite a few on track battles! Im sure we will see lot more of LeClerc vs Verstappen in the years to come. Shame for Bottas.

Norris lost out on 6th place after McLaren did not pit him under safety car which was quite bizarre. Im sure he will now start keeping an eye out for strategy.
Old 17th July 2019, 07:40   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

For people who missed the Verstappen Vs Leclerc battle,

arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 11:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1: The 2019 British Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I think Vettel is not in the game mentally making so many rookie mistakes. Based on preseason testing he would have expected to have a championship challenger, only to find Merc/Lewis combo is again unbeatable. For Ferrari its better to start backing Charles as the team leader as he appear to be a better package speed wise, skill wise and emotional balance wise. Seb will always be remembered as a blown diffuser wonder pilot of Newey rocket ship. Only way to salvage his legacy is to beg with Toto for the second Merc seat and defeat Lewis in two consecutive seasons (I think lewis will trounce him easily)

While I agree that Vettel has been making too many mistakes in the last 1-2 years and is probably not at the same level as Lewis at the moment, you cannot just dismiss his four titles as undeserving or attribute it to the car. Mark Webber had the same car too. Like I said, when Vettel was in RBR, I was supporting Ferrari and hence Alonso, but I cannot forget the recovery that Vettel made from a 1st lap spin in the last Grand Prix, I think it was Brazil 2010, whereas in the same race Alonso got stuck behind Petrov and lost the championship because of that. This and so many brilliant drives we have seen of Vettel. Even when he joined Ferrari, his dominance over Kimi was total, except last year where they were much closer in standings.

We all know how the pressure got to Alonso after 5 years at Ferrari without winning a championship. His attitude became a little different and thats probably because he did not win. And that is the same thing thats happening with Vettel. He has begun to make more mistakes. You put Lewis in the same situation and im not sure if it would have been very different. May not have been mistakes, but he would have thrown an attitude like Alonso for sure.

Today we have Max performing supremely well, but there is no pressure on him to win the championship right now. We have to wait and watch how he reacts under such pressure. Same goes for Leclerc as well.

Point being its the situation a driver is in. Still believe Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton have been the best drivers of the last decade. Like Alonso moved on, may be its time for Seb to move on as well. Does not make them any less in terms of capability.

Last edited by motorworks : 18th July 2019 at 11:54.
motorworks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 21:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
but I cannot forget the recovery that Vettel made from a 1st lap spin in the last Grand Prix, I think it was Brazil 2010, whereas in the same race Alonso got stuck behind Petrov and lost the championship because of that.
Slight correction:
2010 finale took place at Abu Dhabi, which was won by Vettel comfortably, while Alonso was stuck behind Petrov. Ferrari botched up Alonso's challenge in a bid to cover Webber.
2012 finale took place in Brazil, where Vettel spun on first lap.

Last edited by fz_rider : 18th July 2019 at 21:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks