Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 13:57   #46
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 : The German GP 2019

Truly 'edge of the seat' kinda thriller. It was fun to see drivers sliding and crashing on that drag strip and between them was Kimi - brilliantly controlling and sliding back onto the track from the same. And then, the penalty pushes him out!!

Vettel looked confident after a long time and it was good to see him on podium after disastrous qualifying. I pray he continues like this to end the boring Merc's 1-2 finishes, along with Max and others!

And Leclerc! He could have easily had a podium. I like to see his fights with Max! But he must realize speed alone cannot win him races. He seems too impatient at times which reminds of how he crashed in Monaco.
Old 29th July 2019, 14:49   #47
BHPian

F1 has become monotonous, only the rains make it more fun.
New suggestion - Just like night GPs, why not have rain GPs
PS - I know it's dangerous, just a thought!
Old 29th July 2019, 15:29   #48
Senior - BHPian

Formula 1 : The German GP 2019-screenshot_201907291522202.png

Honda cheekily trolled Alonso by trolling themselves. This confirms, the bridge is burned

Formula 1 : The German GP 2019-screenshot_201907291522522.png
fz_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 16:07   #49
BHPian

Another reason to look forward to Season 2 of Netflix's "Formula 1: Drive to Survive".

Earlier in the year Mercedes had agreed to be filmed for only one race in the entire season, their home GP - Hockenheim.

Cannot wait to see how many table's Toto has broken behind the scenes!
mjk24 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th July 2019, 20:18   #50
BHPian

After ages, I was glued to my seat from start to finish.

As a Ferrari fan, was heartening to see Vettel finish from P20 to P2. Happy to not see Mercedes on the podium, though I did feel bad when Bottas crashed.

Funniest part during the race was Leclerc crashing on the Mercedes 125th Anniversary hoarding. On a serious note, Lec drove like a charm until he crashed.
Old 30th July 2019, 12:19   #51
BHPian

Despite this being a much more watchable race than recent ones, I think F1 has become one of the most dull series. The action and pure skill that WRC or WEC provide make them much more interesting than F1. Something needs to be done soon by Ross Brawn & Co. to revive this beautiful series.
Old 30th July 2019, 22:00   #52
Senior - BHPian

One of those races where Vettel showed immense maturity right thru. Probably because he had something to prove to his home crowd after crashing from the lead last year. And if you see some of the videos post qualifying this year, he was very dejected about not being able to participate in qualifying. In the post race interview, he mentioned that he had taken the approach of driving like David coulthard, who is not spectacular to watch, but rather used to be a mature driver, although that never earned him many wins.
At least to me, he was the driver of the day. He just did not get to p2 due to the circumstances, he had to really work hard, constantly overtaking cars all the time.

In fact, Leclerc had luck on his side when he pitted under VSC and SC, virtually losing no time. Just that he did not make it count.

This year championship is sealed with Hamilton and Mercedes. But I Hope Ferrari and Seb put on some brilliant drives like this!
Old 1st August 2019, 08:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Joyson Palmer has written about Vettel's performance and rightly pointed out that the drive was more about maturity from the German rather than brilliance. Thanks to some inspired strategy from the lower ranked teams and terrible things happening to the top drivers Vettel had the middle order cars to overtake with a great pace advantage. But to put it in perspective this was exactly the situation that Bottas managed to bungle up.

This was one race where Ferrari strategy was spot on with all the right calls. They gave LeClerc the best possible position till LeClerc went sliding into the barriers.

The post race coverage was all about why the German GP should be saved for next year and I agree. I feel circuits should be more punishing on mistakes rather than wide run off areas and all that. Especially with more tools for drivers to train like simulations etc the tracks should be more unforgiving.

Honda really looks on the money with their engines. They have leap frogged Renault and look to have the measure of the Ferrari in the last three races. And Red Bulls 1.88s pit stop! Insane!

Hope Budapest is a continuation of the last three races!!

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks