Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 23:31   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Formula 1 | 2021 British Grand Prix | Silverstone Circuit | 16-18 July, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Not the biggest of HAM and though I feel the accident was more of a racing incident than anything given how aggressive both were, HAM should have made way.

Also, what/why were the outlandish theatrics by HAM post winning: the waving of the flag, victory lap off the track?! And why did he get that second gold-plated trophy?
You do realize he is racing in his home country and this is the first time there was spectators( in contrast to the last two races in redbull track, the rowdy orange army cheered if hamiltons goes off track, or is overtaken by norris or even bottas) which support their drivers.

The second trophy is given by the british royal automobile club and the trophy is taken back each time after the race.
aim120 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 00:04   #32
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 British Grand Prix | Silverstone Circuit | 16-18 July, 2021

Absolutely loved the race. Lewis drive shows why he is a 7 time world champion.

I believe first lap fiasco between Max and Lewis was a racing incident, they are fighting for the championship, in the heat of battle neither would want to yield and anything can happen. I don't understand the hate being show towards Lewis everywhere on social media.

And the post race antics from Lewis was uncalled for? Really? I mean why would anybody expect Lewis to know that Max has been taken to the local hospital while he is racing. In fact lewis was on the radio asking if max was okay as soon as the crash. Well the homegrown hero will always like the home crowd more than any other.

Charles was the golden boy today. Really wanted him to win it, but P2 is not bad. Ferrari have progressed. Great job by Danny Ric on holding off Sainz in the other Ferrari. I am sure the championship will go down to the wire. Amazing season ahead.
SAK-XXVII is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 00:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revmatch99 View Post
Max left space, Hamilton understeered into Max so penalty was deserved.
He “understeered” into Max, because of the speed and a turn in. It wasn’t deliberate, Hamilton didn’t close the door on purpose, which is exactly my point and what qualifies as a racing incident at 180 miles per hour. Over and out.

Cheers
Old 19th July 2021, 00:49   #34
BHPian

Great race, except for the first lap incident. Hope, everyone don't take this as a template for the future races - take out your rival, get a paltry 10 seconds penalty and win the race beating the other midfield cars.

Seriously though, Leclerc won the Driver of the Day fittingly. That Ferrari Engine must have been squirming under him, I mean literally, he was wringing out every juice of power from that poor engine. If only he had a faster car.

Bottas will stay next year

Perez needs to improve, he can't keep spinning every now and then.

Disappointed that Sainz couldn't overtake Ricky in the end.

Funnily though, Netflix got a perfect setting for this season - call it as a Greatest Comeback victory of all time

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th July 2021 at 10:23. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please. Thanks.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 01:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Great race, except for the first lap incident. Hope, everyone don't take this as a template for the future races - take out your rival, get a paltry 10 seconds penalty and win the race beating the other midfield cars.

Bottas will stay next year
The way it happened at 180 miles per hour, it cannot be orchestrated as there cannot be any guarantee that both cars won’t be out of the race.

After hearing the radio exchanges between Valterri and the team to allow Hamilton through, it seemed the most curt and abrupt exchange/s I remember having heard. He is out at the end of the year with Russell in the seat. His general demeanour also seemed to confirm that. Let’s see how it plays out.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 01:56   #36
anb
BHPian

I am surprised by Redbull’s decision to pit Perez when he was running in 10th position. Both Perez and Hamilton lost one point and as a result Max is one more point ahead at the expense of Perez.
anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 03:15   #37
BHPian

Though I am Lewis's fan, I won't defend him today. It was reckless move on his behalf, Max had left him enough space. I am just going to leave this here
Formula 1 | 2021 British Grand Prix | Silverstone Circuit | 16-18 July, 2021-img_20210719_031029.jpg
Formula 1 | 2021 British Grand Prix | Silverstone Circuit | 16-18 July, 2021-img_20210719_030845.jpg
And yes the post race celebrations were disrespectful and unsportsmanlike as Max said. A 10 second stop and go penalty was must for Lewis for such reckless dangerous move on that lap 1 incident.
Akshay6988 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 07:59   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
He “understeered” into Max, because of the speed and a turn in. It wasn’t deliberate, Hamilton didn’t close the door on purpose, which is exactly my point and what qualifies as a racing incident at 180 miles per hour. Over and out.

Cheers
He carried too much speed into the corner while being on the wrong line, look at his overtake on Leclerc he stuck more to the inside which he should've done with Max as well.

This is not the first time Hamilton has understeered into a Redbull mid corner because he chose to not adjust the speed according to the line, he did the same with Albon in Austria.

Edit: Akshays post above shows it perfectly, Hamilton had enough space on the right but carried too much speed into the corner which made him understeer towards Max.

Last edited by Revmatch99 : 19th July 2021 at 08:03.
Revmatch99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 08:27   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

The good thing is, Max and Redbull are going to be very very pissed off going into the next few races. Expect them to drop everything onto the table to hammer Hamilton and Merc.

Max is not the kind of guy who lets most bygones be bygones. He is far more assertive and aggressive than any of the other champion "rookies" like leclerc, lando, or george.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 08:59   #40
BHPian

I wouldn’t really call it out as a deliberate action by Lewis but desperate.
First he lied, he was along with Max where it is obvious he was behind him and then that celebration which was insensitive and disrespectful.
Lelerc juice’d his car like a true champion, sad he didn’t finish P1.
Like I’ve said in an earlier post, for redbull it’s a must to have both drivers perform and looking at last 2 races, I don’t think Perez is driving like Perez, his driving style has really gone aggressive and less patient.
On a different note, Mclaren vs Ferrari is such an epic contest.
SShandilya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 09:27   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Epic drive from Hamilton to pop back from a 10 second deficit.
Being the British GP, with Sir Hamilton on the Hamilton straight, it would have been difficult to give him anything apart from what he was given.
However, I am glad he pulled that move and showed Max that just placing his car on the line by outbraking aggressively will not make physics vanish. Far too many times driver's have chickened out in the face of Max's bully like driving, and Lewis did not chicken out, though he was a little bit more in the wrong as compared to Max.
I doubt Max is going to be as aggressive the next time such a situation comes around.

A deserving win from the champ, and another record broken!

Last edited by mayankk : 19th July 2021 at 09:50.
mayankk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 09:28   #42
Team-BHP Support

I feel this is what makes F1 interesting – DNF, racing incidents (deliberate or otherwise), all adds to the drama. I know that many wants a change of order and want Max to emerge victorious, and be the champion eventually, but I feel run-ins like these works well for rest of the season. Lewis maybe one of the most hated figures in F1 currently, but I feel he was right to celebrate – home fans, home win, natural to have emotions run high.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 09:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Copse is very, very difficult to go two-wide into and NOT have contact. Esp. so for a car hugging the inside because the natural line due to the speed you carry into that corner means the further in you are at entry, the further wide your momentum will take you at exit.

Even with the second pass later on, the saving grace was the Ferrari snapped left when it momentarily broken traction over the exit kerb. Could've snapped right on another day and collected both of them.

Unless one's clearly ahead and entitled to the racing line going in, passing up the inside at Copse is a 'back off or we crash' move more often than not. It's sheer chance it didn't happen twice yesterday, and I'm not sure Leclerc would've been as accommodating if he was driving a quicker Ferrari or was a title contender himself.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th July 2021 at 09:38. Reason: rephrase
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 09:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

The Max - Ham incident is a racing incident for me, both were extremely aggressive and valid arguments can be made from both sides. We have the power of hindsight to analyse from every possible angle, but when racing at 200+ kmph and when pumped with adrenaline these things are bound to happen. Max is aggressive by nature, but he needs to choose his battles a little more wisely to win that championship.He needs to collect maximum points as it looks like it's his battle to lose now.

I was glad to see Charles move into P1 and keep the Merc behind in the first stint. The Ferrari ate through their tyres in France and I expected the same here, but their pace on the mediums was so good ! Pity the same pace wasn't there on the hard tyres and the difference was just too much to keep Lewis behind. Of course the team orders also helped him get past Bottas which would have otherwise taken him a couple of laps and brought it right down to the wire.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 10:23   #45
BHPian

Damn, the haters have all come together on this against Lewis, looks like they want him to loose every single day. Some comments on social media posts on official handles like F1 have garnered 30k, 40k likes (for a hate comment). It looks he is right with his "Fight Against Racism" campaign, heck he is facing it himself right in front of everybody. It pains me to read those comments as a fellow human being.

Imagine how the Austrian crowd would have reacted if Verstappen crashed Hamilton out in the first corner. Home crowd, home race, championship battle, Hamilton went all out to take the lead and I am glad he did, the title race is alive.

Jeez, take a chill pill guys!, there are a lot more things to worry about.
FURY_44 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks