Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 10:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Kimi Raikkonen to retire from F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
*SNIP*

BTW, I would love to hear Kimi as a F1 commentator.
Bwoah, you can see what's happening on screen, leave me alone - let me drink in peace.

(That's provided you can understand his low-volume mumble LOL)

Cheers
tilt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:01   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

This is some news.

Now expect a barrage of videos from Formula 1 flooding Youtube on all his exploits until the next race lol!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Somebody give him his gloves and steering wheel We sure are going miss his entertaining radio messages and press conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I think Alonso has a lot more to prove and also has a lot more fire in the belly so to speak. Most times recently, I feel Kimi just gives up a bit too easy.
Not with Alonso. He would rather die than give up.
Few years in Ferrari as a number 2 driver, am not surprised at Kimi's transformation. In some races where he was the lead car and given team orders, the difference in pace clearly showed.

Unfortunately Alonso is also going to retire, not kick the bucket. At 40, no front running team is going to offer him a seat regardless of his motivation levels.
narayans80 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 11:25   #19
BHPian

Kimi is one of the most chilled guys I have seen in my life.

This is a man who was asleep 30 minutes before his first race.

He would have been a multiple world campion if it was not for those unreliable McLarens of the early 2000's.

And there isn't a driver who has given us many memorable moment's such as Eating ice cream during a halted race . Walking back to his yactht in Monaco after his McLaren broke down . His memorable radio communications "Just leave me alone, I know what to do" and "Gloves , steering wheel...". The 2018 FIA prize giving ceremony .And obviously "No Kimi, you will not have the drink."

He is probably the most universally like figures in F1 history.

Happy Retirement Kimi !
Eshan Joshi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 03:21   #20
BHPian

F1 Drivers React To Kimi Raikkonen's Retirement at the 2021 Dutch GP

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 08:58   #21
BHPian

A very unique personality. Will miss him and his radio messages. Wishing him all the best for the future. Check out the following interview about his retirement.

Scarlet_Rider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:17   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Check out the following interview about his retirement.
haha, nice! Thanks for sharing! Not as funny as his younger days but still there were moments. Good change from the media-ready stock responses of most top sportspeople these days. Journalists are also not prepared for people like this. Such a great an opportunity to get some unusual sound-bites from a rare celebrity ready to speak his mind and they ask the same inane questions like it's a stupid job interview- "what is your greatest strength?!" I mean come on. Thankfully it's Kimi- "I don't know if I have one." Superb.

Hunt, Irv the swerve, and the Iceman. Forget championships and pole positions, who will carry on the legacy of partying hard and giving straight answers to stupid questions in F1 now? Any contenders among the new group of drivers? (I haven't followed in a long time, so I have no idea.)
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:50   #23
BHPian

Happy Retirment Kimi! It's about time for him to retire after a great career. He will be specially remembered for his radio messages and interviews. I love the way he responds to interviewers with his short, crisp replies.

I wish him success in whatever he chooses to do in the future and hope he will still be in F1 in a different role.
ramsudhir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:06   #24
BHPian

I used to watch most F1 races since late 90s till about 2014 and Kimi made F1 a lot more exciting for me to watch in his prime days up until his days at LOTUS. He has always been my favorite.
After the pit stop for refueling during race was stopped and with other changes coming in, my interest in F1 quickly started waning after 2015.
MOUNTAINMAN is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:15   #25
BHPian

It was painful to see him muddling along among the last few in the past few seasons. Good he took this decision. He was a very good driver many years ago and I used to enjoy the tussles between him and Schumacher.
ksakotai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:30   #26
BHPian

He really lasted long in the racing circuits!

I would think he has had the most heartbreaking losses and missed victories in F1. A champion who did not get to the podium as much as he deserved!

Salut IceMan

I stopped watching F1 a few years ago. Ran into a cousin who is very plugged into F1 currently. I was discussing how long Raikkonen has survived in F1 as a driver just the last Sunday. He was of the opinion, Raikkonen will race as long as teams will have him on board and pay millions to have him show up. Winning is not his target, just racing is.

Off-Topic here:

If Hamilton ever wrote an autobiography, he should call it, 'Come second to come first'. That almost sums up his first world championship.

Last edited by Mafia : 3rd September 2021 at 10:35.
Mafia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:56   #27
BHPian

Bwoah! Not a surprise but shocking for sure. One of the two(2nd one Dany Ric) most likable drivers of the current grid, end of a charismatic Kimi era!

Hope he receives gloves, drink and steering wheel as a farewell gift. 😂
n33rav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 13:14   #28
BHPian

I started watching F1 in 2005 and Kimi was the main reason why I fell in love with it. McLaren had a monster of a car that year and Kimi was absolutely unstoppable that year in the MP4-20. Him and McLaren lost out on the championships only due to reliability and multiple engine failures.

Even after all these years, I still believe that Kimi's best race performance was the 2005 Japanese GP at Suzuka, winning the race starting from 17th on the grid and overtaking Fisichella on the last lap

He will surely be missed big time.
greatgyan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 04:17   #29
BHPian

Raikkonen's Suzuka Masterclass 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatgyan View Post
Even after all these years, I still believe that Kimi's best race performance was the 2005 Japanese GP at Suzuka, winning the race starting from 17th on the grid and overtaking Fisichella on the last lap-
You stole my words. I came here just to post about Raikkonen's Suzuka Masterclass - The Japanese Grand Prix of 2005.

Forget everything else, if Ron Dennis is seen jumping on the pitwall - it just means "Something Super Super Special"

Search for these on Youtube :
  1. Your Favourite Japanese Grand Prix - 2005 Raikkonen's Suzuka Masterclass
  2. Raikkonen's Last-Gasp Suzuka Overtake | Japanese Grand Prix 2005
rubicon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 11:08   #30
Senior - BHPian

After watching Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Hill, Hakkinen, Coulthard etc Kimi was probably my last favorite driver around the time i stopped watching F1.

He was a genius on the track and i have been watching fan edited videos of his racing over the past few days

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks