Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2021, 13:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kimi Raikkonen to retire from F1

Right on the back of his retirement announcement, Kimi has yesterday positive for Covid and will not take part in Dutch GP.
Robert Kubica will take his place in the Alfa Romeo car.

Raikkonen tests positive, Kubica will race at the Dutch GP
Old 4th September 2021, 17:04   #32
BHPian

Kimi's presence on the grid and his team radios will definitely be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Now, can the other oldie (Alonso) retire as well to make way for newer & fresher talent?
Attachment 2201339
I think the oldie Alonso still has it in him, especially after watching his duel with Hamilton at Hungary recently.

I am up for newer and bright talent coming to F1 but would rather have people like Alonso continue if the newer guys coming are not talented enough and worthy of F1, and just got there by having deep pockets than their fellow competitors.
klgiridhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 19:26   #33
BHPian

Probably the best Kimi moment.

psyph3r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 18:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Kimi is certainly one of a kind! I have been a Kimi fan since 2003. He had it in him for at least 2 more WDCs. If not for McLaren-Mercedes reliability and Ferrari politics, 2005 and 2008 championships could have been his. He certainly has no regrets so there's nothing else to be said about those!

When looking back at his years, it's impossible to forget these heartbreaking moments:
Personally, i rate his 2004 Spa win higher than much more popular 2005 Suzuka win. That race was great in many ways with those safety car restarts, it's also the race where Schumacher sealed his 7th championship!

One more interesting incident from past - Kimi was declared as winner of 2003 Brazil GP, but result was revised after few days and he had to present winner's trophy to Giancarlo Fisichella at next race!

I know he doesn't like rest of F1 circus other than actual racing, but i won't be surprised if he comes back in future in a different capacity, may be as a team owner some day!

Finally some stuff from ‘Kimi fan collection’
Attached Thumbnails
Kimi Raikkonen to retire from F1-5d23f096bd154bb2838f93e000eaf854.jpeg  

Kimi Raikkonen to retire from F1-b5b7d661df57456e9cd7071913fced22.jpeg  

Last edited by SilentEngine : 5th September 2021 at 18:20. Reason: attachments
SilentEngine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 13:02   #35
BHPian

Kimi the least controversial no nonsense character ever to embrace motorsport.
I loved Mika in the West Mclaren Mecedes days, the car was phenomenally quick, Mika the only driver who could challenge MSC for wins and championships was the reason why I supported him. Unexpected retirement from Mika, naturally Kimi became my new favorite Kimi was/is devastatingly fast, but if you ask any of his fans why they like Kimi its because of the nonchalance attitude. I can recollect countless radio messages which showed Kimi being himself no matter what the circumstances, anyone remember Hamilton ramming in to the back of Kimi in pitlane when the light was red ? any other mortal driver would have cried foul and made a scene out of it, not Kimi he just pointed Ham towards the red light blinking at the pit exit and walked in to the garage, that is Kimi for you.
Its hard for any of us to be ourselves in our daily lives, Kimi managed being himself with aplomb, we need more of these personalities.
I know Kimi it doesn't make any difference for you whether you are racing in F1 or enjoying your retirement or doing something else but for me F1 is not the same without you anymore.
Godspeed
Attaching my Kimi memorabilia most cherished of my possessions
Attached Thumbnails
Kimi Raikkonen to retire from F1-img_1662.jpg  

Kimi Raikkonen to retire from F1-img_1663.jpg  

Kimi Raikkonen to retire from F1-img_1664.jpg  

BlueFreedom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 19:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

While announcing his retirement, Kimi had mentioned that he had made the decision already last winter. Kimi always says it like it is, but if there was any doubt, watch him revisit his 2021 season predictions that were made in Bahrain at the start of the season (skip to 7:20).

One more thing to add to the Kimi legend, I guess.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 00:21   #37
Team-BHP Support

Possibly one of the few, arguably the only modern F1 driver, when he's in a 1:1 duel leaves me thinking the only way this ends in tears is if the other driver does something stupid.

Quick, fantastic racer, no nonsense and kept his emotions under the lid - literally and figuratively - in situations most others would and often have thrown a strop.

Probably not his most famous bit of driving, but a 1:1 with Hamilton(?) through the Suzuka esses during his Lotus stint, where he showed exceptional spatial awareness and car control to catch the rear stepping out on him while wheel-to-wheel, had me cheering.

If I was a pick-a-favorite type, Kimi would make my list and probably be near the top.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th December 2021 at 00:22.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 21:04   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Kimi, like always. He wrote 3 answers on a piece of paper which was sealed in March 21. It was opened post Abu Dhabi GP I guess.

Kimi Raikkonen to retire from F1-screenshot_20211220210224__01.jpg

Link
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks