Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 16:31   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Italian Grand Prix | Monza | 10-12 September, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
even Brundle in the commentary box concluded that Lewis was in the wrong here.
He's come out with a long column.

Quote:
That's why in live commentary I called it a racing incident and I stand by that. The Stewards have given Max a three-place grid drop for Sochi, and given their copious amounts of car and track data, varied camera angles, and interviewing both drivers, they duly considered it more Max's fault than Lewis's.
Finding poetry in chaos:

Quote:
Verstappen falling behind Ricciardo at the start meant that he didn't pull out anything like the gap expected out front. Meanwhile Hamilton's poor start in the Sprint race meant he only started the main race in fourth place.

Red Bull delivered an unusually very slow 11-second pit stop for Max, and Mercedes delivered a steady four-second stop for Lewis. It just so happened that with all of these factors after 26 laps they were destined to meet.
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24...larens-triumph

In other news:

Quote:
This year ticket sales were lower than expected with just 16,000 sold for race day.

High ticket prices, poor promotion and doing away with grass seating are believed to be the main causes although one cannot discount the Ferrari effect with the Scuderia struggling, having not won a Drivers’ title since 2007.

It begs the question whether Monza has a future on the Formula 1 calendar.

FIA president, and former Ferrari team boss, Jean Todt says he is unsure.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/f1-bos...monzas-future/
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 22:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | 2021 Italian Grand Prix | Monza | 10-12 September, 2021

Guys, don't want to add oil into the fire, but if y'all watch the 360° video uploaded by F1, I think it's very clear as to what exactly happened aftermath. Max never spun his wheel over Lewis' halo. It was the momentum from the crash that had carried over leading to the wheels to continue spinning.
It was only once he came to a stop that he tried to accelerate only. But IMO, it was completely avoidable, both the collision as well as Max spinning the wheel.
Unfortunately, Hamilton is not too innocent either. When Max was getting out of the car, Lewis tried to accelerate backwards and it can be clearly heard. The consequences and probable injuries if he would've actually been able to reverse out would surely problematic to Max.
Just my opinion on the aftermath of the incident.
akash_v12 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks