Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2021, 11:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | Ooredoo Qatar Grand Prix 2021 | Losail International Circuit | 19-21 November, 2021

I think it’s bound to get this competitive given the scenario we are in.
7 years since Mercedes has been challenged and both teams will do whatever it takes to have an edge over the other.
We as spectator should only enjoy cause this might be the most interesting season by far.

I think red bull should take a penalty and get a new engine for Checo cause they need him upfront for both their and Max’s win and I guess Checo realises how inconsistency hampers their chances
Old 21st November 2021, 11:31   #17
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | Ooredoo Qatar Grand Prix 2021 | Losail International Circuit | 19-21 November, 2021

I guess Red Bull blinked early with the engine change for Max in Russia, it was a tremendous drive to get to 2nd by Max in that race and maximize damage limitation.

Merc and Lewis have not given up on the drivers championship, on the constructors side Bottas has a huge pool of engine parts, with the latest engine change for Hamilton in Brazil, Mercs are going all guns blazing, Verstappen cannot have an engine penalty at this stage, it's his title to loose.

Seeing reminiscence of the 2018 title battle, where Lewis and Merc pulled off incredibly in the latter half of the season.
FURY_44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 11:51   #18
BHPian

Pre-race updates: Verstappen has been summoned by the stewards for not respecting double-waved yellows, while Bottas and Sainz have been summoned for not respecting single-waved yellows.

There are some technicalities in the regulations that state light panels take precedence over flags in night events, so they'll probably take a while to get to a decision.

Ferrari says Leclerc had a cracked chassis and it will be replaced before the race. It will likely be the same spec to avoid a pit-lane start.
sravankrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 16:48   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Those Mercedes were lit, totally annihilating the Redbulls.

unlike Lewis a few races ago did not leave even a single chance to crib about the faster Redbulls, and always blamed that there is something with their new engines.

And there lies the biggest reason for me being a Max fan.
Its so funny RB fans say this.

MAX: "I think just lacking a bit of pace, I think it's just been a bit more tricky for us. Checo's not even in Q3 so it shows that we are struggling a bit more than normal" .

While Gasly stands p4

Quote the full statement please

And what did hamilton crib about?

This weekend in a nutshell

Horner: "I think this is something even more advanced, it’s hidden in a way it operates, it is harder to spot from a camera. You can see the straight-line performance since Hungary and particularly since the last two races, it’s gone exponential. That obviously concerns us."

And quoting what trainspired next.
Allegedly the FIA has informed all teams about a new rear wing test. The TD [flexi wings] which was introduced in the summer, is to be extended by a new passage with a special test. Specifically tailored to Red Bull's complaint [about Mercedes].

RB is a toxic to say the least. and so is the Verstappen duo (father & son)

To put things in perspective. Lap 48 incident: Very clear its dangerous driving from red bull and what did FIA do? Nothing. And now they came out with a new test as soon as RB complains? How many GPs did they take when Mercedes complained of RB's flexi wings?

Jos Verstappen after the Brazil GP, qutoing here
“You can see from the footage that something is wrong,” he said.

“In Brazil, Hamilton gets something pressed into his hands by his trainer and then he walks back to his car and dives into the cockpit. All in all, it is just weird. Max did not stand a chance.

“It seems to me very strongly that they are doing something that is not allowed.

What is he implying, Hamilton taking drugs now?

Verstappens are toxic to the core.

Last edited by krsna777 : 21st November 2021 at 17:02.
krsna777 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 17:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna777 View Post
Its so funny RB fans say this.
Not RB, Max.

Quote:
MAX: "I think just lacking a bit of pace, I think it's just been a bit more tricky for us. Checo's not even in Q3 so it shows that we are struggling a bit more than normal" .
Quote the full statement please
Alright, that's the full statement, still standing with my point. Help me find the words - Mercedes are just faster, or they are doing something with their engine

Yes, Max did touch the Merc's rear wing, and you have the results. Mercedes were caught cheating!

Quote:
And what did hamilton crib about?

This weekend in a nutshell
What does he have to in this weekend? But, can't ignore the previous crying!

Quote:
To put things in perspective. Lap 48 incident: Very clear its dangerous driving from red bull and what did FIA do? Nothing.
Oh now the dangerous driving, I see.

By the way, did you miss the race when Hamilton has pushed the RB into wall, or spun Alex, or multiple such incidences?

I am here for the sport and no sport is clean to the core, never has!

Mercedes and Lewis has been dominating the sport for the past 4 years, it had become so boring! What's to watch if there is no race, its just one guy ahead of the others all the time, that's no sport.

Hamilton has a habit of going back on his own words, like a politician.
Quoting Hamilton's cry "Sebastian Vettel dominance could bore fans".
Source
And what's going on now?

Last edited by iamahunter : 21st November 2021 at 17:58.
iamahunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 18:01   #21
BHPian

BREAKING: Five place grid-drop for Verstappen.

Formula 1 | Ooredoo Qatar Grand Prix 2021 | Losail International Circuit | 19-21 November, 2021-untitled.jpg

Potentially a huge blow to his championship hopes. Bottas also receives a three-place grid drop.
sravankrishnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 18:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Bottas and verstappan handed 3 and 5 places penalties. So a first corner incident seems not forthcoming.
Wow.

Last edited by mayankk : 21st November 2021 at 18:29.
mayankk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 18:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Bottas and verstappan handed 3 and 5 places penalties. So a first corner incident seems not forthcoming.
Wow.
And that might just translate into an easy win for Lewis. Gifted on a plate. I do hope Max can salvage a podium though. Some how I feel this race won't have a lot of action like the previous ones after these penalties.
Dippy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 18:44   #24
BHPian

Its literally handing over the win on a silver platter.

Let's hope that the race is kept interesting by some means.

Current Grid:
Formula 1 | Ooredoo Qatar Grand Prix 2021 | Losail International Circuit | 19-21 November, 2021-f1qatar.jpg

Wow, Gasley starts 2nd and Alonso 3rd.

And I speculate according to team orders - Valtteri Bottas will block Max.

Last edited by iamahunter : 21st November 2021 at 18:56. Reason: Correction.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 18:58   #25
Team-BHP Support

There was debris all over the track at turn 15 from Gasly's front wing, right on the racing line, even if the car was able to drive away from it. Why the marshals dilly-dallied with yellow and green flags and anyone behind him on track was allowed to complete their lap is a mystery.

Verstappen was still in S1 when it happened, nearly 40 seconds away from the scene. Enough time to abort the lap if clear instructions were given.

Risky marshalling.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 19:40   #26
BHPian

Mod Note : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians & rude posts are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family, and any discriminating or derogatory comment will NOT be permitted.

Please ALWAYS be civil, polite & respectful to other members...even in debate.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd November 2021 at 10:48.
krsna777 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st November 2021, 20:21   #27
Team-BHP Support

Checo looks dialed in. Good recovery after a terrible qualifying.

Oh Valtteri. Front left puncture, didn't look like a kerb strike, might have just done a few too many laps on that set.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st November 2021 at 20:27.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 20:44   #28
BHPian

Such a meh race, boring track. Impressive drive by Alonso and Ocon there. Max did really good gaining 5 positions. Last 2 races will be interesting hopefully.
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 21:00   #29
Team-BHP Support

Happy for old man Alonso. Made a one-stopper work, and the late VSC negated tire failure worries.

Can we have the same 1-2 with Hamilton fastest lap next race please, to setup a straight fight at Abu Dhabi.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st November 2021 at 21:04.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 21:07   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Checo, man, what a drive. Those pit stop strategies were not optimum for him yet he did such a great job overtaking some drivers (like Ocon) even twice! Poor luck for him with the virtual safety car robbing him if the chance to fight Alonso for the podium. He's only getting better and better, it'll be fun to see him perform in 2022.

And good to see teams other than Mercedes & RedBull on the podium. Wonder what's the deal with Mclaren though, both Norris and Riccardo have not been doing well lately.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st November 2021 at 22:06. Reason: Corrected as requested.
ninjatalli is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks