Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 19:22   #46
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | Ooredoo Qatar Grand Prix 2021 | Losail International Circuit | 19-21 November, 2021

We all know the talent, skill, dedication, precision and fire to perform that is required to excel at the highest level of any sport. To be a F1 World Champion year after year for 7 years as Schumacher and Hamilton have done is superhuman. Sometimes, we seem to underrate these performances simply because their wins become routine. We should drive at the speeds they do on the track to understand how much on the edge of life they perform, week after week, year after year. How do they survive when a fractional mistake can lead to tragedy?
Iksvaku is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 20:53   #47
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 | Ooredoo Qatar Grand Prix 2021 | Losail International Circuit | 19-21 November, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post
A member of the Formula 1 community on Reddit noticed at the Qatar Grand Prix that Mercedes did not withdraw their pneumatic lines
Well spotted. I'm taking the liberty to post this video on r/formula

Actually Red Bull did the same, though not sure who started it.
Old 22nd November 2021, 21:07   #48
BHPian

As per gpblog, Mercedes started it and Redbull copied it.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/99637...-lane-too.html
Real racing fans will thank FIA if they ban ToxicToto and HonerTheMoaner from attending the next two races
motor_breathing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 02:10   #49
BHPian

I was not sure there will be so many Alonso fan here, I was always a Schumacher fan but after Schumacher it was always Alonso (may be Leclerc because he is in Ferrari and Lando because who does not like Lando).
Yesterday the old war horse showed what a mega driver he is and what a mega drive it was.
He was not in the even in the top 4 fastest car but still getting 3rd and with one change of tyre is phenomenal.
I hope Alonso is give the similar car as Hamilton or Verstappen and see what this old wily fox will do.
I am looking forward to 2022 with such eagerness, Alonso deserves one more F1 Championship.

VAMOS ALONSO
fast_n_curious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 04:40   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_n_curious View Post
I hope Alonso is give the similar car as Hamilton or Verstappen and see what this old wily fox will do.
Win a championship I reckon. He's already doing a great job at Alpine.

I am excited for the next year as well. With Russell moving to Mercedes, I am sure it's going to get more interesting. Just hoping that TotoHam doesn't make another Bottas out of him.

Off topic - I wonder if ever any F1 driver comes across these threads on t-bhp, what would be their reaction.
iamahunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 18:16   #51
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Alonso showed class and drove incredibly well. Pleased that I am to see him on the podium, it was plain luck that the VSC held back Perez, denying him the time and distance that he would otherwise have had, to get past the Alpine running on 1stop tyres. It probably would have happened on 56th lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Just hoping that TotoHam doesn't make another Bottas out of him.
Depends what Reichmarshall Wolff decides. Will it be "Chorch, nowff comeon, ket deez cars" OR "Chorch, invert with Lewis".

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd November 2021 at 18:36. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 17:36   #52
BHPian

New track and new country in addition to a very fast track aside, this track will be a parade in the up coming years. In my humble opinion. There is almost 0% chance for rain (perhaps a sand storm could be a show stopper) and because of the speed the cars carry, I feel overtaking would be quite tough

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks