Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2007, 05:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijo_tj View Post
if rumours are to be believed then karun chandok was apparently approached by mallya and his spykar team ...but then he refused the offer and instead was said to be concentrating on GP2 for which he currently participates...
If that is true, it is indeed a wise move. Chandok has yet to really find his feet in GP2. The levels in F1 are much higher and he will be all at sea there. It is better for him if he can spend another year honing his skills before making the jump.
Old 24th October 2007, 05:58   #17
BHPian

Despite what the press say, the chances of a Kimi/Alonso team at Ferrari are nil. We've already seen that Alonso cannot handle a competitive teammate. Why would Ferrari risk putting him up against Kimi and spoiling the atmosphere in the team?

Mclaren has said that they will take a decision in 2 weeks on their drivers. Let's wait and watch...
Old 24th October 2007, 12:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren will decide on Alonso's future by Nov first week.

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Decision on Alonso soon - Dennis
Old 25th October 2007, 14:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Is this is your guess OR from some reliable source?
Its a calculated guess. Mallya would love to have the Schumacher brand name in his team. Bedises its one of the most recognised names from F1 in India.
Mallya dropped in some bombs about he wanting an experienced driver to build his car. I dont think he was referring to Fisi.
So we might have two German drivers driving for a team called Force India. Who would've predicted that....
Old 25th October 2007, 14:53   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
So we might have two German drivers driving for a team called Force India. Who would've predicted that....
Well, we have an Italian back seat driving a country. We take task augmentation to the limit
Old 25th October 2007, 19:27   #21
BHPian

we indians have been driving german named cars for a long time ...now its their turn to drive a indian named car......
Old 26th October 2007, 20:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
How qualified / experienced are you to say so ? , and can you elaborate what talents are required by an F1 pro .

Chandok is an exceptional talent , but hasn't everything given to him on a platter ? , i dont think chandok would or is running around for sponsors , backing as narain did .

No offence to you mate .
Karthikeyan's interest in motorsport began at an early age, as his father was a former Indian national rally champion winning South India Rally no less than seven times.
so Narain didnt got everything on platter ?? even the Jordan F1 seat was gifted due to TATA sponsership ? He still manages to remain as Williams test driver (courtesy TATA again !?) so where does Narains Talent shows up ? he dont get paid for the seat HE IS AMONG THOSE WHO PAYS TO DRIVE

and last no offense to you mate since I can understand u being his fellow Tamilian

Last edited by FERRO : 26th October 2007 at 20:22. Reason: missed one point
Old 26th October 2007, 21:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
Karthikeyan's interest in motorsport began at an early age, as his father was a former Indian national rally champion winning South India Rally no less than seven times.
so Narain didnt got everything on platter ?? even the Jordan F1 seat was gifted due to TATA sponsership ? He still manages to remain as Williams test driver (courtesy TATA again !?) so where does Narains Talent shows up ? he dont get paid for the seat HE IS AMONG THOSE WHO PAYS TO DRIVE

and last no offense to you mate since I can understand u being his fellow Tamilian
So you say his dad bought him a seat in F1 , is f1 that easy without talent , narainracing.com ( A guy without talent ???) , and eddie is not a bummer to give narain a drive and he knows his F1 alright .

And you haven't answered my first part of the question .
Old 26th October 2007, 21:23   #24
BHPian

Narain's F1 chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
What-ever happened to NK's chances of re-entering F1?

Shan2nu
NK might still be a Williams test driver. Karun Chandok will be staying in GP2.
Old 26th October 2007, 22:42   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
So you say his dad bought him a seat in F1 , is f1 that easy without talent , narainracing.com ( A guy without talent ???) , and eddie is not a bummer to give narain a drive and he knows his F1 alright .

And you haven't answered my first part of the question .

Read my post mate I never said his DAD bought him F1 seat I didnt knew you could not read properly sorry for you.
TATA sponsership bought him F1 seat Eddie wanted PAID drivers for his team jordan. Narain & Montero filled his pocket thats it .

Narain could not even overtake his teammate in Jordan forget about the rest of F1 drivers. Narain is BIG hype only bcoz hes sole F1 driver from India. give other racers a chance to prove themselves Narain is 30 yrs old, F1 DRIVERS that age dont call themselves as young

I dont think theres any point of arguing with you since you wont see anything negative in him.
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:52   #26
Team-BHP Support

Breaking news

Alonso is leaving Mclaren. Will he get a better car even though Ferrari have no vacancies?
Old 2nd November 2007, 17:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Breaking news

Alonso is leaving Mclaren. Will he get a better car even though Ferrari have no vacancies?

Thats really something. With Ferrari's doors closed, what option does he have? Will he go back to Renault? What interests me is what the Mclaren driver line up is going to look like?
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:42   #28
BHPian

I guess Renault would welcome Alonso with arms open wide, treating him as their prodigal son ! They saw tremendous success with him, I'm sure they'd like get back to bumping shoulders with the big guys on the podium !

Like Dippy, I'm more interested in the vacant seat at McLaren. Heikki's been saying he's in talks with "many" teams, then there's Rosberg, Vettel, Kubica, & Davidson. I doubt McLaren would run a whole season with Pedro.

P.S. - I sometimes daydream of being chosen in some world-wide lottery that makes me eligible to drive an F1 car ! Of course, I go on to beat the pants off everybody on the grid *grin*

Last edited by im_srini : 2nd November 2007 at 20:45.
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:01   #29
Team-BHP Support

I just hope Alonso gets a car good enough to challenge the McLarens and Ferraris. All said and done, he's a great racer and it would be sad to see his talent wasted in a slow car. Williams, Toyota and Honda aren't good enough. BMW are not quite there yet. Renault haven't really had a great 2007 season. Wonder what's gonna happen now.
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
BMW are not quite there yet.
True. But they've been closest to the front runners this year. Perhaps next year, they'll be able to take it up a notch.

However, for Heidfelds sake, I hope FA doesn't go to BMW (of all places) next year. Otherwise he'll get pushed back to 2nd place on the priority list at BMW. And I really want to see Heidfeld up there in the top 3 next year. One of the few drivers (like Raikko I guess) who just keeps his mouth shut and lets his driving do the talking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks