Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2005, 17:55   #31
BHPian

the fact that the surface was done up reciently , and this was public knowledge , should have made the michelin guys to wise up their act much before the usgp.
This basically shows the level of comitence the michelin guys have and also theircommetment to F1 or motorsports on whole ....
Old 20th June 2005, 18:16   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
you people seem to forget that
Indy surface was redone recently (the banked section)

Micheline doesn't compete in America

Bridgstone competes mostly in America & Asia
Bridgstone made tyres for Indy 500
previously they also had problem but with a lot of testing it was solved
so Bridgstone had data & Micheline didn't

yes micheline screwed but don't overlook the facts
why are u always onto that resurfacing area.in todays world u dont need to race to have the right info for the tyres.are u telling that michlen did not know that they had resurfaced the banking which was little rougher

IMS is not an area51 like zone.Michelin always had the info about the track wether racing or not.even the Canadian track was resurfaced with cement overnignt.the only thing is Michelin in their bid to become faster than bridgestone have always been on the safety limit of their tyres.here they bought a tyre that was just crossed the limit and the resurfacing compounded the matter futher.also if u see michlen has had the most number of tyre failures in its recent stint in F1.remember US 2004 and alonso or RS.

and just look what Michlen had to say about their tyre..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelin race director Pierre Dupasquier
"The tyres were not adapted to the special characteristics of the Indianapolis track," he said. He said the difference with last year was that the new rules forced teams to use tyres longer. "It was not a flaw (in the tyre) but a specific we had not calculated," he said.
i think it should answer all ur question.i think u shoul look beyond what Steve and Chris say on star sports.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 20th June 2005 at 18:19.
Old 20th June 2005, 21:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
why are u always onto that resurfacing area.
because that was the main issue

Quote:
are u telling that michlen did not know that they had resurfaced the banking which was little rougher
do you think that producing an f1 car is just taking a slick tyre & making grooves on them?

why do you think teams spends hours & hours to get perfect tyre compound ?

even not knowing the quantity of how much little can make a difference

Quote:
Canadian track was resurfaced with cement overnignt.
that was a flat surface,
indy's banked surface was redone

banked curves already put a lot of pressure on outer side & having it redone makes it worse
Old 20th June 2005, 21:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
because that was the main issue

do you think that producing an f1 car is just taking a slick tyre & making grooves on them?

why do you think teams spends hours & hours to get perfect tyre compound ?

even not knowing the quantity of how much little can make a difference

that was a flat surface,
indy's banked surface was redone

banked curves already put a lot of pressure on outer side & having it redone makes it worse
are u sure what ur talking about.was that banking put overnight or what it has existed for years.and indy cars run at 220mph on those curve and please dont tell me how complex a F1 tyre is.i know more about F1 and it components than what u can think.i am following F1 very closely for the last 8-10 years.i know every little rule of F1 barring a few technical guidelines like dimension limits,amount of downfore limits...etc

why are u trying to run away from the facts.the surface was not a problem,even Michelin which makes the tyres say that the tyres were not strong enough for the speeds and there was no mention of the surface.dont write anything without knowing and bothering to acertain the facts.i perfectly know that u have got the road surface idea from the comenting duo on SS,they are good comentators but are wrong many,many times.

please post the source of the information from where u got that michlen did not know that the road was resurfaced.w'll talk then.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 20th June 2005 at 21:34.
Old 20th June 2005, 21:37   #35
Senior - BHPian

dear
merve_extreme

you are starting to get personal & also are starting to cross the line

my time is much more worth than talking with you
enjoy living in your closed world
Old 20th June 2005, 22:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
If the GP had been a football international and one team had turned up without football boots - would FIFA have ruled that the other team must play without boots to make it fairer? Probably not, but FIFA would n't have rules which prevented them flying in a fresh supply of boots
Ultra sensible posts in such hard times. I empathize with u Ajit.

Revv

P.S. BTW, the beer session over our Audi/Merc/BMW spat is still pending.
Old 20th June 2005, 23:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

dear adya33

i think u started getting personal first by telling me how important a f1 tyre is and how it is made witout knowing how much i am imformed about f1.and i think it is better to live in a closed world rather than live in a false world.

ok but lets cool off.u dont work for michelin and i dont work for bridgestone,they will fight it out between themselves.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 20th June 2005 at 23:16.
Old 20th June 2005, 23:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i think u started getting personal first by telling me how important a f1 tyre is and how it is made
I ASKED YOU QUESTIONS AS WHY THOSE TEAMS SPEND SO MUCH MONEY ON TYRE TESTING

its figure of speech

Quote:
and i think it is better to live in a closed world rather than live in a false world.
whatever makes you feel better
Old 21st June 2005, 00:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

My God! It seems like you guys have some personal agenda over the tyre issue. Please...let it go!

Will it affect any of us? Yes, it was most certainly stupid of Michelin to "not calculate" a specific. You don't expect a multi-billion $$ company to "forget" about a resurfacing, which could endanger their clients lives. But none of this will be remembered in 2 weeks time. Please don't get personal and ultra-vocal.

@adya...i think Michelin owns BF Goodrich, which is one of America's largest tyre companies.

Blame bernie...stupid no tyre change rule.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks