Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2005, 05:25   #1
BHPian

Michelin new ADVERT !!

"When the going gets tough, we quit!"

This is going to be the new catch line of future commercials of Michelin

These guys should seriously rethink their commetment and dedication to F1 ..
Old 20th June 2005, 05:33   #2
BHPian

some thing like this rule is needed in F1

After a Sad Start and Ending to the US GP , i seriously think that new rule Something along the lines of"In the interests of safety and to ensure a sizeable race entry, the FIA reserve the right to change any regulation (for a single event)if the majority of the teams agree. In the event of a 50/50 split decision, the race director would have the deciding vote." should be put in place .

If something like this rule were in place I'm almost certain that we'd have had a fully participated race.

I believe that the majority of the problem here lies (YET AGAIN) with the FIA's inability to write suitable rules.

Quite simply it has been stated by Whiting, Mosley and Ecclestone that they have no idea whatsoever what the penalties would be if the teams changed to a new tyre, either before or during the race.

I'm sure that if all teams had been aware of exactly what the penalties would be, they would have made their decision and this would have been solved simply.

But of course, this is the FIA, and they can't do that can they. Yet again the teams have to make a decision with no idea of the possible outcomes - they could be banned for the rest of the season.........

Please let me know your thaughts on this ..

Last edited by Badcheetah : 20th June 2005 at 05:38.
Old 20th June 2005, 09:28   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I think that the blame can be shared between Michelin, the FIA and Ferrari.

Its at times like these that you need one man who decides whats best for the sport : the indisputable boss.

GTO
Old 20th June 2005, 09:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

Its at times like these that you need one man who decides whats best for the sport : the indisputable boss.

GTO
Yeah I totally agree with you, all of them have to be blamed equally for this. It finally resulted in a disasterous race and because of this Iam doubtful of seeing Indianapolis in next season's calender.
Old 20th June 2005, 09:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

atleast the race authorities at US GP dont feel Ferrari was responsible and hence they have given out address and numbers of FIA,Michlen and F1 management for the spectators to make their complaints to.

Michelin
46, rue du Ressort
63100 Clermont-Ferrand
France
www.michelinsport.com

FIA
8 Place de la Concorde
F-75008 Paris
www.fia.com

Formula One Management
6 Princes Gate
Knightsbridge
London SW7 1QJ
United Kingdom

i think u people should go to F1live.com and check the facts that happened over the weekend and then see who should be blame,not on the facts that commentators shout.
Old 20th June 2005, 09:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

GTO
thats Mr Bernie for u.but all of Michlens nonsense demands were not shout out by F1 mamagement or ferrari as it is made out to be,it was charles Witing the FIA race director who shout it down.

see this inside news about the tyres.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA
The chicane idea gained force when it became clear that new tyres flown in by Michelin - the use of which would have broken Formula One rules and incurred a penalty - would not meet the problem.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 20th June 2005 at 09:56.
Old 20th June 2005, 09:55   #7
BHPian

Michelin are the biggest and perhaps the best tyre manufacturer in the world...in terms of racing they supply so many types of tyres as well.

To blame them of quitting when they clearly mad a mistake is crazy......yes they quit , but would you rather habve a company make a bad tyre and let a driver die due to it ?
Much better to accept your mistake and avoid further consequences.

Michelin : you were pathetic
Ferrari: even more pathetic to want a win a race with 6 cars in it.
Old 20th June 2005, 09:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

i think Michlen was the most pathetic of not advising their drivers to run little slowly through turn 13 and avoid all the problems.
Old 20th June 2005, 10:56   #9
Team-BHP Support

I won't be surprised if the FIA meet to disqualify the US result due to lack of quorum
Old 20th June 2005, 11:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
I won't be surprised if the FIA meet to disqualify the US result due to lack of quorum
i dont think so because all 20 cars did start the US GP.a warmup lap is considered as part of the race.so if car fails on warmup lap,it has retired from the GP.but to get points one has to complete 50% of the race distance.
Old 20th June 2005, 11:08   #11
BHPian

yeah it was a legal race as all cars effectively started and 16 were not classified.
Old 20th June 2005, 12:22   #12
BHPian

Get off Ferrari's Back People , michelin messed up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay
Michelin are the biggest and perhaps the best tyre manufacturer in the world...in terms of racing they supply so many types of tyres as well.

To blame them of quitting when they clearly mad a mistake is crazy......yes they quit , but would you rather habve a company make a bad tyre and let a driver die due to it ?
Much better to accept your mistake and avoid further consequences.

Michelin : you were pathetic
Ferrari: even more pathetic to want a win a race with 6 cars in it.

Oh please Abhay ,
Why do u have to blame ferrari ???/ they were just trying to follow all the rules .
Ferrari DID NOT veto any decision to install a chicane - that decision is not down to the teams but down to the FIA.
Do not blame Ferrari, people. This is down to Michelin's failure to provide a suitable product and the FIA's failure to provide a suitable solution.
If Ferrari had asked anything like that, they would be called "supremely-ultra-astoundingly arrogant" every minute for the next 5 decades
Old 20th June 2005, 13:06   #13
BHPian

hello.....cheetah
9 teams agreed to the chicane....only 1 did not....guess which one..
for these things FIA needs a unianimous decision hence it rejected that proposal.
Old 20th June 2005, 13:09   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcheetah
Ferrari DID NOT veto any decision to install a chicane - that decision is not down to the teams but down to the FIA.
Of course they did.

All the others agreed to change the rules of the race.

Ferrari did not.

The FIA can't change the rules mid-gp unless all the teams agree.

The other two bridgestone runners agreed(plus seven michelin)

Effectively it was a ferrari veto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
i think Michlen was the most pathetic of not advising their drivers to run little slowly through turn 13 and avoid all the problems.
This is a crazy idea. Lets forget MS, and RB for a sec. You think kimi and alonso would go slow through the corner??

None of the drivers would run "slow".

FACT is michelin made a genuine mistake. You can curse them all you want for that.
But no sane person would have sent anyone out on those tyres which were deformed after a few laps, for a long race.
I'm sad to say the only people who had a choice were ferrari.
Old 20th June 2005, 13:19   #15
BHPian

BLACK DAY for Formula 1

WHAT A RACE .........
I am at a LOSS of WORDS to describe the emotions what are going thro my head as of now .well i am happy becuse being a FERARI fan this is a good result for me . Ferrari 1,2 , but sad and angry and frustrated at the same time that it could have been Ferrari-1,2, and our own Narian (Jordan ) 3rd on the podium , that would have been the ideal finish for me , but i guess it was not to be .

Also if the teams knew that they were not goin to start why did they come out to run the formation lap, and make an ideot of the fans there and us all watching on TV . No one was sure of who is running the race and who is not , thats why they all chose to follow the leader . and i hope you all heard DC on the Team intercom , stating his desire to race anywhich ways , this was a good gusture but i guess in the end team ordes is what every one has to follow , and to all you guys who said that Ferrari has the worst lot of team orders , look at this , atleast ferrari lets its drivers race and even today both the ferrari's were racing , and almost took ech other out .

Finally its Michelin who has messed up BIG TIME , i mean i can not beleave how they missed judged the type of tyre which would suit the track , seriously being the biggest tyre supplier they should have done better. The new rules were known to them much earlier than they were to us and i am sure their lawers and managment would have spent many a nights trying to figure the rules out . There can be no one else to blame but michelin and also FIA for not being open about the penalities involved if they changed more tyres during the race .
Also what was the harm in going slow on that turn, i mean if you do not have a product which would make u compeditive , dont do it . next i guess the minardies would say their cars dont have straight line speeds , and if their drivers try and run faster they might crash , so keeping in mind the drivers safety , please put a cap on the max speed limit, i mean run therace with the pit lane speed limit and then all the drivers would be fine , hale and harty .... what yaar , not done ...

anyways , i just dont want to comment onthis issue more , it sucks .
The other thing which i am not happy with is that on the podium , both the ferrari drivers should have stayed on and congratulated monterio and at least got a picture of all 3 on the podium .

oops phone call from boss , rest later
bye all , cheetah back to work ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks