Karun Chandok 51 68.92%
Narain Karthikeyan 23 31.08%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 11:36   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Talent should be spotted and be groomed.
We don't even have a track for F1.

For the past 10 years we have been fighting as to who holds the Motoring Scene reins in India. This first killed the rally scene which has been reviewed to an extent now that ego's have been massaged well.

Can we expect any local talent to make it to the big stage with these conditions in place. Just these points are enough forget about the lack of government support.

You want Vijay Mallaya to start cleaning all this up?

Quote:
Let us be realistic.
The realistic 'ism needs to be carried over to test drivers too. Test drivers may not sound glorious but they do an equally tough job and need to be good at it.

Quote:
They need experienced drivers, and can't offer the hot seat for a rookie Indian. But take one as an assistant test driver at least, and let him get experience.
Its not so easy as that. Vijay Mallya can't go "Here take an F1 car that has eaten up my millions to develop, run around with it for sometime and get better. The drive it in the championship."

If it eventually does happen it will be more to have viewers in India to garner more sponsors to run his F1 Team. It makes some amongst us happy but then the point is not what you are looking for..

Quote:
so long as they do not don patriotic war paint and do a jig for public consumption.
Its headed by an Indian. As much as a right you have to host a flag he does have too. His money his belief. You don't believe in it, fair enough.

Why are we trying to uphold patriotism with a remote in our hands?

Quote:
by Japanese companies, they had a tag which read "Use with driver, or else!".
Because they could. If they were asking for their drivers they knew their drivers could deliver and not only because they are Japanese. For them pride about their country is more then we can ever imagine to attain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
nothing Indian about Force India except for an Indian owner, name and the Indian colours on the car.
Isn't it good enough that an INDIAN is the owner? What are we looking to gain as a Nation? Donations to the Prime Ministers Relief Fund from his earnings in F1?

Last edited by Spitfire : 11th September 2009 at 11:42.
Old 11th September 2009, 11:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Isn't it good enough that an INDIAN is the owner? What are we looking to gain as a Nation? Donations to the Prime Ministers Relief Fund from his earnings in F1?
Very funny, my friend! So if tomorrow an Indian buys a European Football club and they manage to win a cup, can that too be tom tommed as an "Indian" victory?
Old 11th September 2009, 12:07   #63
BHPian

Guys, there is already an existing thread for Indian / Non-Indian bickerings -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/int-l-...es-second.html
Old 11th September 2009, 12:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
Guys, there is already an existing thread for Indian / Non-Indian bickerings -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/int-l-...es-second.html
Well said! This argument has been argued to death already. Its pretty much confirmed for now that Sutil and Luizzi will race for FI. That's the end of it really at least for this season
Old 11th September 2009, 12:17   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
"Indian" victory?
Ok lets define this:

Indian(Country) Victory - Won by Indians, With Indians Competing Against the World.

Indian(Individual) Victory - Won by an Indian, By an Indian Competing against the World. - Pankaj Advani.

Not an Indian(Vijay Mallaya) Victory - As Won by an Indian, With staff from other countries (as no available locally), Competing against the World*.

* For argument purposes: I know that's not the case but since we are trying to argue the Indianess of the victory. But if we agree that there is nothing to worry as this is not a country-country thing then why even look for patriotism from this in the first place. What Vijay Mallaya is doing is celebrating his Indian roots and we are toasting to it.

I say its won by a person of Indian origin and that's a matter of pride for me.

Last edited by Spitfire : 11th September 2009 at 12:21.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I say its won by a person of Indian origin and that's a matter of pride for me.
+1
That's how I see it too. F1 is not a country vs country sport. Every team has multiple nationalities to it. So there is no point in arguing how much 'Inidianness' is there in FI. If someone is still interested in having nationality as their main concern, probably they should watch A1GP not F1.

Btw, I think this thread's purpose is over. Force India have confirmed Liuzzi. Mods, can we close this thread?
Old 11th September 2009, 17:41   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post

Btw, I think this thread's purpose is over. Force India have confirmed Liuzzi. Mods, can we close this thread?
we've done too much of .
enough water has flown down the bridge. lets ditch this topic.
mods, i too feel closing this thread would be apt.
Old 14th September 2009, 19:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Force India evaluating Karun Chandok and Neel Jani

autosport.com - F1 News: Force India to evaluate Chandhok, Jani

This just in. Its only a simulator but definitely a sign that Mallaya eventually wants an Indian in there.

Mods, could we reopen the old FI Chandhok or Karthikeyan thread as there's no need for a new one?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 14th September 2009 at 19:41.
Old 14th September 2009, 19:52   #69
BHPian

..but he has also said "I am very happy with what I have," he said. "The only free space is for the test driver, and then we will see.These guys are loyal and work hard. If there is no compelling reason for a change, then I have to ask myself, 'Why should I?'"

F1 : Mallya happy to keep Sutil and Liuzzi - FORCE_INDIA - F1-Live.com
Old 14th September 2009, 22:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
..but he has also said "I am very happy with what I have," he said. "The only free space is for the test driver, and then we will see.These guys are loyal and work hard. If there is no compelling reason for a change, then I have to ask myself, 'Why should I?'"

F1 : Mallya happy to keep Sutil and Liuzzi - FORCE_INDIA - F1-Live.com
Liuzz last race delivered lot more than what was expected of him. He was racing after a long time. Qualified well, had a good race till his car was alive. I see no reason to drop him. So Karun will have to do something special to get a race seat in FI.
Old 14th September 2009, 22:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

But a test seat is still quite an achievement for whoever gets it. It also makes more sense than throwing a newbie straight away into a race seat. So yes, this is a discussion on who gets Liuzzi's vacated seat and not who gets to race for Force India in 2010
Old 15th September 2009, 11:53   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread re-opened on request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
but definitely a sign that Mallaya eventually wants an Indian in there.
Todays TOI quotes Mallya as saying "There currently isn't any Indian driver who is suited for F1".
Old 18th September 2009, 20:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Mallya is also putting Chandok and Neel Jani in a McLaren simulator to evaluation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks