Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:49   #16
BHPian

McLaren no chance, hamilton does not have the patience. Ferrari's not fast enough for Singapore, it looks like its going to be button and brawn family again followed by Red bulls, and force india in distant points tally.
Old 23rd September 2009, 17:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palio1.6-2002 View Post
McLaren no chance, hamilton does not have the patience. Ferrari's not fast enough for Singapore.
You're quite the F1 pundit...
Old 23rd September 2009, 21:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

I am hoping for a good show from Kimi this race. Last year he crashed into the wall.
If he does well like last few races, he will catch up with the redbulls and may overtake webber/vettel in WDC standings.
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Presently problem seems to have sorted out, but this guy is playing hide n seek couple of days. Hope he does not block the telecast this weekend.

I am presently not worried about any other team other than our very own FORCE INDIA.

Indiaaaaaa.... Indiaaaaaaaa...
It was in the papers that the cable guys had blocked ESPN and Star Sports because these channels had hiked the tariffs, and hence the cable operators were protesting.

As for Force India, i hope they do well but its a high downforce circuit, right?
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:37   #20
BHPian

Its a street curcuit, the cars need to be good on downforce. Brawns and Red Bull's have this circuit in their favor. Unless we have a mysterious crash again
Old 25th September 2009, 22:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks. I went down to the circuit today. Watched the Formula BMW, Aston Martins, Porsche Carrera Cup and of course F1 cars all in practice. Here's a video. I took a few more pics and videos but nothing unique and the quality of my phone cam isn't great anyway. I did have the time of my life though since this is only my second live grand prix. Loved the noise, the feel and came back with dead legs thanks to jumping up and down for hours!

Old 26th September 2009, 08:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Hi folks. I went down to the circuit today. Watched the Formula BMW, Aston Martins, Porsche Carrera Cup and of course F1 cars all in practice. Here's a video. I took a few more pics and videos but nothing unique and the quality of my phone cam isn't great anyway. I did have the time of my life though since this is only my second live grand prix. Loved the noise, the feel and came back with dead legs thanks to jumping up and down for hours!
this , my friend, is exactly what I expected from you. Awesome video!! I couldn't make it to S'pore. messed up. ended up in Jammu instead :(
Hope to see an awesome write up of your 1st hand experience of being in the grandstand !! and expect to see lotsa videos.
Old 26th September 2009, 09:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
this , my friend, is exactly what I expected from you. Awesome video!! I couldn't make it to S'pore. messed up. ended up in Jammu instead :(
Hope to see an awesome write up of your 1st hand experience of being in the grandstand !! and expect to see lotsa videos.
Thanks. I don't have tickets for Saturday and Sunday, partly because its a bit on the expensive side and partly because when you're on the track, its pretty hard to know what's going on. And I do want to know what's happening in qualifying and the race! It makes you appreciate how brilliantly packaged it is for TV.

The whole of Friday was incredible though. As I was walking down the river to reach the track in the afternoon, I saw a boat filled with Renault team members and they were taking a cruise down the river. Waved at them and to my surprise, they waved back

Then it was at the track the whole time. No big crashes or offs at my turn during the whole day but a few cars came close to losing it on the brakes. The run off there is pretty huge so its pretty unlikely to see a major crash. It is a decent overtaking point though (then again, this is practice so I guess the overtakes are done with cooperation). One Aston Martin had a mechanical failure and parked just there. It was pulled in behind the grey fence that you see and stood there for ages allowing us to ogle at it!

The Formula BMW and Aston Martin cars were first up. They make for a nice appetizer and get you in the mood for the real thing. Out came the F1 cars at last and, boy, was it great. Having seen F1 cars last year, I was prepared for the assault on my ears. Heck, I was waiting for it! I was half deaf by the time FP1 was red flagged. Just managed to catch the commentator saying Grosjean had spun off. Later read that he hit the wall at turn 17 and then swivelled around to hit the opposite wall. Displaying a fine sense of humour, he apparently told the pit crew "Sorry guys, I've lost the car at turn 17". LOL.

The Porsche Carrera Cup was next. A fine display by them. Last of all was free practice 2. Maybe it was just me but the cars seemed to be getting louder and faster. One very nice moment was when Lewis Hamilton got very crossed up on the brakes but just about managed to hold it. Great car control! Soon it was over and it was time to leave but the noise of those V8s are still ringing in my years as I'm writing now.
Old 26th September 2009, 12:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, use hostream.net
Will have to depend on Hosstream, since Qualifying is not live on Star TV

-- Wind
Old 26th September 2009, 12:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post

-- Wind
Exactly. I was shocked to see that qualifying is not going to be aired live . Haven't tried any of these sites yet. Let's see.
Old 26th September 2009, 13:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post

-- Wind
Pathetic show by star sports this time.
last year they even showed one of the practice sessions live.
Old 26th September 2009, 15:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
because when you're on the track, its pretty hard to know what's going on. And I do want to know what's happening in qualifying and the race! It makes you appreciate how brilliantly packaged it is for TV.
The trick is to ensure there are huge viewing screens close to your seating position and get one of those radio headphone units for commentary. That way, you get to watch the cars whizzing past in front of you, follow the rest of the track on the TV screen and still listen to the orgasmic sound of the V8 engines! Nothing like the real thing!
Old 26th September 2009, 17:09   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
The trick is to ensure there are huge viewing screens close to your seating position and get one of those radio headphone units for commentary. That way, you get to watch the cars whizzing past in front of you, follow the rest of the track on the TV screen and still listen to the orgasmic sound of the V8 engines! Nothing like the real thing!
Hehe yeah but the overriding factor has to be the price of Saturday and Sunday tickets. They're double and four times of the Friday tickets respectively. One of the side effects of being a student is that you're on a budget. Nonetheless, I managed to have a great time!
Old 26th September 2009, 20:49   #29
BHPian

I'm backing Button's Brawn to win tomorrow. I don't think Force India will finish in the top 8.
Old 26th September 2009, 22:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klever View Post
I'm backing Button's Brawn to win tomorrow. I don't think Force India will finish in the top 8.
Unless someone does a Piquet, I can't see Button winning this from P12. If it's a normal race, this is going to be Redbulls vs Hamilton

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks