Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2005, 18:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
He'd have to be running extremely light to have a 0.9s advantage over the second placed man.
Agree Schumi is very light on fuel but don't you think it was a stunning lap from him with a car that is struggling to keep up with the Mclarens and Renaults and with those Bridgestone tyres. I think atleast Schumi is back if not Ferrari.
Now Schumi has 64 pole positions and he just needs two more to beat great Senna's recod of 65 poles.
I thought Alonso would come to second but he just lost it in the final corner, think he is quite heavy on fuel as the car was just sliding. It will be a nice battle between Kimi and Alonso now as neither of the two are on pole position and I wish Alonso a very happy birthday.

Last edited by sridhar24 : 30th July 2005 at 18:53.
Old 30th July 2005, 20:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

michael is clearly pitting 1 extra time compared to everyone near him..
what will be interesting is how long kimi stays stuck behind jarno..
the toyota is on the clean side of the track and will quite surely get away ahead

strategy will be interesting..
and i hope the toyotas come good on their race pace.. which has been a weak point as of late
Old 30th July 2005, 21:02   #18
BHPian

I am worried that the McLarens are on the dirty side of the track and this means quite a lot at Hungaroring.

BTW, Schumi simply told Todt "Not sure I'll be around next year or not. At least let me get Senna pole position record before the end of the season "

M
Old 30th July 2005, 21:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Atleast for once Give it to the man.he deserves it.it is not like a fool has landed in pole position.he has been there 63 times before.

BTW how light could he be running.he has set the fastest lap the whole weekend including the practice sessions.atleast Wurz in the mclaren runs very light at the end of practice sessions to get the top position and MS has beaten that too in qualifying.That shows whatever one thinks but the Ferrari is surely fast on this circuit.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 30th July 2005 at 21:15.
Old 31st July 2005, 01:11   #20
Team-BHP Support

alas the man is back , though i am more of a barrichelo fan reading about schumi taking pole has definitely livened things up for me .

manson .
Old 31st July 2005, 03:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

It was a fantastic drive by Schumi to take up the pole.He was close to a second ahead of JPM.Commendable performance.
It'll be interesting to watch the start of the race tommorow.
Go Monty Go.

X
Old 31st July 2005, 09:48   #22
BHPian

It would be great for Mclaren if Ferrari slots itself between Mclarens and Renaullts. Imagine Kimi, JPM, Schumi, Barri, Alonso, Fisichella in that order in most of the races. Kimi can shave off 6 points from Alonso's lead in every race!

M
Old 31st July 2005, 14:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

It will be nice to see Schumi win Hungarian GP from pole which is quite difficult considering the fuel load in the ferrari and the Mclarens behind him, hope the Ferrari's strategy works well.
Old 31st July 2005, 15:18   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
BTW how light could he be running.he has set the fastest lap the whole weekend including the practice sessions.atleast Wurz in the mclaren runs very light at the end of practice sessions to get the top position and MS has beaten that too in qualifying.That shows whatever one thinks but the Ferrari is surely fast on this circuit.

Ok, perhaps Schumacher himself was responsible for getting on pole. And, yes the Ferrari is not far behind Mclaren in terms of pace at this circuit. But still, a 0.9s advantage over 2nd placed man is more likely down to the softer tyres and/or light fuel load. Its not down to talent alone...other drivers have plenty of that too.
Old 31st July 2005, 17:44   #25
BHPian

What a first lap!!!

Go Schumi !!! Go !!!!
Old 31st July 2005, 20:12   #26
BHPian

Interesting race....esp Ferrari's strategy.

Kimi was simply superb and had amazing pace. He's back in the championship race with Alonso unfortunately having got no points. JPM's bad luck continues, for once I though McLaren 1-2 was a possibility but after JPM's car gave up it was fun to watch Kimi fire away......

Toyota's did well to end up 3-4. Good drive by Ralf (wish he had the ***** to overtake Schumi) and great drive by Trulli with a not so perfect car.

Overall a great race since the championship is still alive....Looking forward to the new track in Turkey in 3 weeks time...

Cheers!!!
Old 31st July 2005, 20:35   #27
BHPian

Alosno FINALLY got his just desserts... the bum that he is. not so happy waving his fingers in the air this time, eh?? Kimi deserved taht one so bad, just like Alsonso did. I am, more and more, beginning to hate Alonso simply becase of his arrogance. Sad that Fisi couldn't get points... but good for McLaren. Tho problems are still plagueing the car, as we say with poor old JPM this time... :-( And I doubt that Schumi can take 2 more poles this season, unless he runs REALLY light all the time, which will screw up his race, considering the pace of the Renaults and the McLarens...

Can't wait to see Kimi and JPM on the podium in Turkey - I hope they cream everyone on the track, and preferably lap the ferraris and the renaults... MUHUHOHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
Old 31st July 2005, 20:54   #28
BANNED

I think this was one of the best races of the entire season... actually had you on the edge of your seat thinking what the various stratergies were... and Schumi... what can I say about him.... sign of a genius once again.... Bravo Ferrari... bravissimo Schumi
Old 31st July 2005, 21:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Awesome race for Michael Schumacher again those Bridgestones were aweful and Ferrari could not match the pace of Mclarens, he did a great job by finishing on the podium. Sad to see both the Renaults out of championship points and bad luck for Alonso. But this race has hotted up the championship battle between Alonso and Kimi.
Old 31st July 2005, 21:50   #30
BHPian

I WANTED ALONSO TO WINNNNNNNNNN ! lol ! but my hats off to kimi and schumi ! and all my respect towards narain too! i wish he stays in f1 the following year and ends up in a better team! and i hope to see a team-bhpian in f1 sooner or later !! haha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks