Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2005, 14:17   #1
BHPian

Formula1:Hungarian Grand Prix, Hungaroring

Welcome to Hungaroring!

For the most boring F1 circuit in the calander. No rains, and no mad men on the tracks and hardly any accidents. Which means no safety cars. Not a car-breaking circuit, which means only the Jordans and McLarens might retire. In effect, they all end up the way they start the race.

As a McLaren fan, I am thinking what strategy would ensure that the fastest cars finish 1-2? (Assuming they do finish).

The biggest challenge for Kimi would be
1. No overtaking possibilities on the circuit
2. JPM would also have an equally fast car.

My strategy: Put Kimi on a 3-stopper and JPM on a 2 stopper. This would put Kimi on Pole and JPM shd manage No.2 unless someone else (like Trulli) is also on a 3-stopper. JPM shd manage to slow down the rest of the gang. If Kimi manages a substantial lead in his first stint, it can be converted in a 2-stopper with longer second and third stints.

I would love to see a McLaren coming out of the pitstop for the last time and another McLaren on the start-finish straight -- who will reach the first corner?

M
Old 29th July 2005, 14:27   #2
BHPian

The thing is, that with the current pace of the McLarens, they don't really need to pull off 3 stop strategys and such as even with a load of a 2 stopper, the McLarens have a very high chance of getting pole and 2nd.
Old 29th July 2005, 14:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren should be strong this time around too and predict a pole for Kimi. But I hope he translates that pole into a win because his car always lets him down. He had a good chance at the Championship but that is fading away. Alonso seems to take a lot of pleasure from Kimis failures. I hope its a Kimi win this time.

Dippy
Old 29th July 2005, 16:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

mclarens have proven that their cars can run longer/heavier at race speeds and still manage to set a time quick enough to grab the pole i think 2 stop is good enough ...3 stop will be much harder to pull off specially on a track where its very hard to overtake ... we need kimi to win this one with montoya in 2nd ...that would be ideal ..
Old 29th July 2005, 17:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well friday practice was a bit of a surprise... Rubens Barrichello stood second, ahead of Montoya and Kimi. Schumi too did well to finish 4th just behind Kimi.
McLarens are leading no doubt... but watch out for Ferrari..
Old 29th July 2005, 20:13   #6
BHPian

McLarens are the fastest cars no doubt. But other slower cars with lighter fuel loads might slow them down. Hence the idea of a three stopper, wherein you aim to take a lead of 25 sec in 12 laps and still come ahead of the second guy after the first pit stop.

M
Old 30th July 2005, 00:25   #7
Team-BHP Support

As a staunch McLaren supporter, I hope luck and reliability are on the team's side. From what's been observed all season, the McLaren that qualifies well, dosen't finish well and the one that qualifies poorly, puts up a good show. This time even Ron Dennis & Co. will be praying for good luck. It's the last time we're going to see a "West" McLaren Mercedes. West's association with F1 has come to an end. What better way to say goodbye than a 1 - 2 finish?
Go Kimi! Go Juan Pablo!
Old 30th July 2005, 06:15   #8
BHPian

Kimi would have a daunting task to make it to the pole, esp since he'll be the first guy to start qualifying.....I think McLaren will run him lighter so that he can make the best of qualifying. Pole is ideal but I think it's going to be difficult. But even a place is the top 3 is good enough and I'm sure he can take the lead with the right pitstop strategy.

JPM looks good to make it to the pole.....unless he screws up like he did last time.

Tell me something....do you think is JPM is on Pole and Kimi is down the grid, McLaren would slow JPM down to make Kimi the leader??? IMO I don't think so, and I think JPM would win this race....

I'm not too worried about Ferrari's Pace, last I read Toyota was doing better than McLaren in practice...

Anyway, hope to see a McLaren 1-2, JPM and Kimi or Kimi and JPM (winning order) hardly matters to me.....

Cheers!!!
Old 30th July 2005, 17:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

the stage is set ...
... if the mclarens have reliability and luck going their way ..they are bound to bag this one ... i think renaults will have a their handsful gaining positions from the 2 toyotas ..
schumi sure to pit in the 1st 15 laps ...
hope everything goes the mclaren way ...
Old 30th July 2005, 17:33   #10
BANNED

He's BAAAAAAACK

Ok people....
by the looks of things this evening... FERRARI IS BACK...
yea yea I know most of you are thinking low fuel load bla bla bla... but whatever it is... he showed the mark of a true champ in the lap that he did.
Tomorrow sure is going to be exciting.......
Old 30th July 2005, 17:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

I would have thought that Schumacher wouldn't repeat the mistake of running softer tyres like he did in Germany. Fuel load also is a major factor. I think he'll finish on the podium since Ferrari are doing relatively well and more often that not luck goes in his favor. But look who is beside him? hahaha...can't wait for the 1st corner. Kimi i think will be able to get past trulli before the first corner. So if reliability doesn't hamper JPM and Kimi's race, both cars can definitely be on the podium and kimi can close the gap to Alonso in the standings.
Old 30th July 2005, 17:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
I would have thought that Schumacher wouldn't repeat the mistake of running softer tyres like he did in Germany.
i thought they are just running barrichello on the soft compound ...
..schumi is just running light ..
Old 30th July 2005, 18:24   #13
BHPian

Great Qualifying by KIMI. JPM did well, but had expected him to take the pole comfortably. Anyway, no harm done, he'll make schumi eat dust on the first corner itself.....McLaren 1-2 here it comes....
Old 30th July 2005, 18:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
i thought they are just running barrichello on the soft compound ...
..schumi is just running light ..
He'd have to be running extremely light to have a 0.9s advantage over the second placed man.
Old 30th July 2005, 18:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Loved it when I seen Alonso going off in the final corner. Had to settle for 6th

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks