Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2005, 21:57   #31
Team-BHP Support

Once again it's poor reliablility that has robbed McLaren of a 1 - 2 finish with poor JPM at the wrong end of the stick this time. Kimi Raikkonen was as brilliant as he has been all season. McLaren pit strategy was immaculate too. Michael Schumacher did extremely well to finish in second place with a car that's clearly not too good.
Tough luck for the Red Bulls - both cars didn't even complete the first lap for no fault of their own. Alonso finishing outside the points means that his lead has been cut by 10 points and that's good for the championship.
Old 31st July 2005, 22:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

ohhh yeahhh yeahhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man !! on of the best races of the season for mee!!!
damn ... cherished each sip of the beer i drank while watching kimi take this one home ! Alonso ???mwahahahahahhaha ... i dont even care about Montoya retiring right now eh ? damn ...i am so happy with the race results ...
Old 31st July 2005, 22:58   #33
BHPian

Would anyone like to congratulate the first poster on his prediction that to win Kimi should be on a 3-stopper and JPM should be on a 2-stopper?

M
Old 31st July 2005, 23:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

so ..coming back to my senses now ..
woahh what a race eh? action packed right from the start...

now schumi was running light? heck kimi was running even lighter!!

how does one explain a ferrari on 2nd placE? MICHAEL MAGIC!
because barri was struggling for pace throughout the race with the front end washing out while exiting each corner...

good race for the toyotas too eh..schumi with his first podium this season..

as for montoya ..for once i was glad to see him retire ..sorry JPM ..just that kimi needed this one real bad...

@alonso - _|_ *the bird is a finger enough for him*

Last edited by turbo_lover : 31st July 2005 at 23:58.
Old 31st July 2005, 23:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

Great drive by Kimi, and hard to see why Ferrari still stick to Bridgestones if those tires cause them to lose about 2 secs per lap after about half the race....the Ferrari showed the pace it had in the first half but the tyres simply wont last the distance.

Good job by Mikey under such circumstances - he really had to work for 2nd place.
Old 1st August 2005, 00:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
Would anyone like to congratulate the first poster on his prediction that to win Kimi should be on a 3-stopper and JPM should be on a 2-stopper?

M
Would have done that but JPM had only 1 pitstop

Just joking.....Congrats!!!

Cheers!!!
Old 1st August 2005, 05:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
Alosno FINALLY got his just desserts... the bum that he is. not so happy waving his fingers in the air this time, eh?? Kimi deserved taht one so bad, just like Alsonso did. I am, more and more, beginning to hate Alonso simply becase of his arrogan
LOL, totally agree.......maybe he should have flashed 11 fingers to show that he finished in in 11th place.
Old 1st August 2005, 07:50   #38
Team-BHP Support

Come on guys. There's no need to be too rough with any driver, whether is Schumi or Alonso. Both are paid to win by their teams. So whether it's winning 7 championships or flashing seven fingers, remember, they are just going about their business.
Old 1st August 2005, 10:26   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
LOL, totally agree.......maybe he should have flashed 11 fingers to show that he finished in in 11th place.
Dude...
thats just not polite....
WHAT ARE TOE'S THERE FOR
GO MICHAEL
Old 1st August 2005, 12:23   #40
BHPian

yeahhhhhhhhh !!! mike + redarrow = f1 championship
Old 1st August 2005, 21:03   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
how does one explain a ferrari on 2nd placE? MICHAEL MAGIC!
because barri was struggling for pace throughout the race with the front end washing out while exiting each corner...
Although I am not really a fan of Schumi or Barrichello, I have to say your completely wrong in your statement.
Barrichello had banged his car in the first lap of the race after which he had to pit where Ferrari took a risk which didn' work out. They fuelled his car to the brim thinking it would be possible for him to do just the one stop extra which didn't work out.
Old 1st August 2005, 21:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Barri was struggling to hold the renault back .. i think the soft compound are to be blamed (ofcourse the unfortunate contact with ralf or was it trulli at the first corner )..one could see his front wash out exiting slower corners ;agreed he was on a heavy load initially but still mid race and later on he completely lacked the pace ...

PS: i aint a ferrari fan either ..
Old 1st August 2005, 23:02   #43
BHPian

Good to see alonso bite the dust. good for the championship. Kimi is far better than Alonso. His manouvers are fantasitc.
Alonso had said "No point running faster for first 30 laps....the race has 70 laps".
Bad luck can strike anyone anytime. He can do well being humble.

Michael is always a genius. Wish he is as competetive in the rest of the season adding more excitment watching chase down between him, kimi and montoyo or even alonso.
Old 2nd August 2005, 00:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

hey dude i wouldnt say alonso is not as good as kimi in terms of technicality ..they both have superb racing temperment .what i dont like about fernando is the fact that he has picked up /scavenged easy points this season ..team wise i think they are still 2nd best out there ..
Old 3rd August 2005, 09:32   #45
BHPian

McLaren are streets ahead of all other teams in terms of performance and speed. However, their reliabilty is so low that it puts them in the Jordan/Minardi category. And since the 'car' is a combined package of performance and reliablility, they are still behind Renault. Renault is still ahead despite 2 big mistakes by Alonso (Canada and Hungary) and despite McLaren having better drivers in Kimi + JPM.

In short, Mclaen with its current reliability record is not the best car out there.

Most Viewed