Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which driver was better this year?
Alonso 13 29.55%
Kimi 30 68.18%
JP Montoya 1 2.27%
M Schumacher 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2005, 14:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Looks like there's a lot of Kimi worshipping here too. As for the best driver, it was undoubtebly Alonso and he rightfully won the Drivers championship. Enough said!
Old 17th October 2005, 14:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
...... and boy was Alonso driving like a champion !
He IS the champion
Old 17th October 2005, 15:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
He IS the champion
Thats what i meant - he IS the champion and was driving like ONE !
Old 18th October 2005, 18:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

alonso.. very smart driving
did what he needed to do to ensure that he won the WDC
...in japan he was absolutely amazing.. oozing with aggression !
...in china he was stunningly quick

no doubt he's had a flawless year
Old 18th October 2005, 18:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
For all those who say Alonso is one rung lower than Kimi, I think the Shanghai GP showed what Alonso can do when his team decides to stop playing safe and push his car to a higher level. Kimi had no answer to the speed of the Renault driver, even though there were 2 safety car periods that bunched the field right up.

I would put these two drivers at the top of the heap, it would be crazy to call one better than the other.

But the fact remains - Alonso 2005 World Champion.
I admire both Alonso and Kimi .. Alonso had a pretty reliable car all through and he drove sensibly ... McLarens unreliability meant Kimi always had to go flat out ..

But at Shanghai, I do think Renault had the luxury of using the engine rule to their advantage ..

Kimi was using the engine that had done service in the Suzuka race .. an engine that was prepared to last 2 races ...

Renault was using a fresh engine at Shanghai. They knew this engine had to last just one race and hence probably tuned it for more performance ..
Old 18th October 2005, 18:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Alonso was just amazing in japan and china, he was just dominant in china and even his own teammate Fisi with the same car was not as quick. Finally he has shown everybody that even he has got serious pace. He himself admitted that they did not push hard enough until they won the WDC.
Next season i am expect much tougher battle between Alonso, Kimi and Schumi.
Old 18th October 2005, 20:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
I admire both Alonso and Kimi .. Alonso had a pretty reliable car all through and he drove sensibly ... McLarens unreliability meant Kimi always had to go flat out ..

But at Shanghai, I do think Renault had the luxury of using the engine rule to their advantage ..

Kimi was using the engine that had done service in the Suzuka race .. an engine that was prepared to last 2 races ...

Renault was using a fresh engine at Shanghai. They knew this engine had to last just one race and hence probably tuned it for more performance ..
It was a higher spec. engine producing abt 20bhp more. And this was the first it had been run at a race weekend.
Old 18th October 2005, 22:59   #23
BHPian

I voted for kimi...simply because he was stunning especially from the middle of the season... initially the car had let him down otherwise no doubt he would have won the championship........ However, Alonso too has to be praised as well for his brilliant driving all through the season.. but part of it goes to the Renault F1 team too which has been very competitive this year... breaking the oligopoly of Mclaren, BMW and ferrai.... Just eagerly waiting for the next season to start....
Old 19th October 2005, 01:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Though, i'll always be one of the biggest ferrari fans, for the above poll, i've voted Alonso.
Old 23rd October 2005, 07:40   #25
BHPian

Kimi is hands down the best driver in F1 this year. If the Mclaren had been reliable in the beginning of the season, he would have been champion.

All you had to do was watch the Suzuka Race to see how good he was. He started the race dead last and won it!

He is the Iceman!

PS: I'd like to think that I played a part in all his wins. I wore his hat and stayed up in the middle of the night to watch the races live and cheer him on!
Old 23rd October 2005, 18:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Alonso undoubtebly. Kimi was good,but in parts. But Alonso was driving brilliantly throughout the season.He was in the race and points all along.One helluva driver!!!

X
Old 24th October 2005, 21:55   #27

Kimi 4 real was da...da best driver of em all....alonso was good in the first 5-6 races but from then on it was all kimi n Mc laren. One word to describe Kimis 2005 season...UNLUCKY! He lost races when he was all set to win em! The most unforgettable incident was the one in which his rite-front tyre n suspension gave way...at the start of da final lap of the race. And in 2 or 3 other races he had to quit cuz of some mechanical prob or woteva...he was winnnig there too! So at the end of the season he finished with like what....some 20-23pts behind alonso....had it not been for those 'unlucky' races Kimi wud've been the champion 4 sure.....his team screwed him! Next yr it'll be ALL Mc laren.
Old 24th October 2005, 22:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastnFurious
had it not been for those 'unlucky' races Kimi wud've been the champion 4 sure.....his team screwed him! Next yr it'll be ALL Mc laren.
I don't think it will be all Mclaren next season and you can't write off Schumi in Ferrari and even Alonso. I am quite confident that Ferrari will be as good as they were before.
Old 24th October 2005, 22:40   #29

Well u know what it jus doesnt matter if u or me or anybody is confident about schumis comeback....ferrari themselves were claiming b4 the start of the season that they were stronger than ever before and even more hungry to win....luk what happened...they won just a single race and that too in shame! im a huge ferrai n schumi fan for real but the way ferrari were outclassed in 2005 has been the talking point ever since the start of the now ended 2k5 season. I'd be more than happy if they make a comeback with schumi...it wud be awesome 2 see schumi Vs kimi Vs alonso for the title....n i hope ferrari come back with a bang!
Old 31st December 2005, 13:02   #30
BHPian

Alonso was better, anytime. Kimi is blindingly quick but extremely ruthless on his machine. BTW did you guys know that Alonsos Engine burst into flames once he parked his car after he won the Chinese GP. Talk about conserving ones car...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks