Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:28   #46
BHPian

Slater

when the safety car was on its in lap, and vettle got left behind, Steve Slater was shouting about the brilliant RB strategy of holding back the scuderia cars.... turned out to be vettle sleeping in his car.

Slater is beginning to be a real turn off, whats with the mistaken identities all the time (helmets are easily distinguishable) star sports get Chris Goodwin back.
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:38   #47
BHPian

^^ +111 to PAVAN's post ..RB's move was stupid, he chose the wrong place to make the move. and if you are a racer, you have to defend your position, and when you do that IMO you do not have time to think about the walls or FIA regulation.

@ Hatari : IMHO You need to watch more races to appreciate Schumi's drive yesterday, he was holding his line throughout for ten/12 laps and holding off a faster car with fresher tyres for 10-12 laps is no joke.

Good race and as usual the Ferrar strategist s***ed up. Massa should have gained a position when vettel had a drive through. they were over confident and in fact asked him to stay claen and take it easy ??? Need a complete overhaul in ferrari management.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
99.99% of the drivers on the grid today are into F1 because of him. Even you too are watching F1 because he started such a legacy which nobody can achieve.

I stand by it , Barri's move was "STUPID" 200th race and did'nt he know the risks, bah.........! what hypocricy

And the stewards reward for a 10 grid penalty for the next race, how ridiculous

World knows Schumi is driving a slow car, a little educated human can understand that. And my dear friend. Every driver is as good as his car.

Note: Even you cant stop going against the rules . HOW MANY SMILIES HAVE YOU USED MY FRIEND
Absolutely not! i started watching F1 because of my love for the sport and thanks to Senna, i continued watching it. the only time i thought of stopping (but didnt) was when Schumancher was upto his antics between 2000 and 2006.

Its Barrichello's 299th race

Btw, my putting extra smilies is not going to cause as much physical harm as putting someone in a wall at 200mph. Thats dangerous. However, you have your opinion, the rest of us have ours.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:41   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Absolutely not! i started watching F1 because of my love for the sport and thanks to Senna, i continued watching it. the only time i thought of stopping (but didnt) was when Schumancher was upto his antics between 2000 and 2006.

Its Barrichello's 299th race

Btw, my putting extra smilies is not going to cause as much physical harm as putting someone in a wall at 200mph. Thats dangerous. However, you have your opinion, the rest of us have ours.
It's ironic that you claim yourself to be a Senna fan coz he was the guy that made dirty driving popular. While I agree that Schumi's move was very dangerous, Rubens should also take part of the blame. Schumi was already committed to blocking that side of the track before Rubens made the move. But Rubens kept going in the gap. However, Schumi should have given up the place once it was clear that Rubens was committed to the move. But don't kid yourself that Schumi is the first ever driver to do this .

Last edited by Newpunter : 2nd August 2010 at 11:51.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
It's ironic that you claim yourself to be a Senna fan coz he was the guy that made dirty driving popular. While I agree that Schumi's move was very dangerous, Rubens should also take part of the blame. Schumi was already committed to blocking that side of the track before Rubens made the move. But Rubens kept going in the gap. However, Schumi should have given up the place once it was clear that Rubens was committed to the move. But don't kid yourself that Schumi is the first ever driver to do this .

YouTube - F1 best manouvers ever

I totally agree about Senna. He was arrogant and rash at times. Some of his tactics with Prost were uncalled for. But otherwise his driving was Brilliant! i know its subjective but watching him drive was much much better than watching Schumaher drive.

Like i said, dangerous driving is dangerous driving. Be it Senna, Schumacher or anyone else. My being a fan or a critic is not the point
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, being docked ten places on the starting grid is too soft a punishment for attempted murder
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:13   #52
Senior - BHPian

Superb weekend! It could have been a easy 1-2 victory for Redbull if not for a lousy Vettel or was it the lousy strategy of Redbull to give Mark some space!

Alonso fought really well to defend Vettel all the way to the finish line. Ferrari got more points than expected over a Redbull weekend.

Bitter luck for Mclaren this weekend!

Schumacher incident was interesting. RB getting desperate to overtake Michael on track. Lousy guy would have got himself killed.

The leading car is allowed to move once to defend position, Michael did it to jump in front of RB and make him lose momentum, but RB was more desperate to overtake Michael on track without losing momentum and took his car to the wall. Why is everyone calling Michael stupid!?

Stop crying foul and calling it stupid. Michael is a better racer than any driver on the grid. He demonstrated that in Monaco when he got his quick thinking to work in the last corner to overtake Alonso. But, there was Damon Hill who took advantage of the ambiguity in FIA rules to punish Michael & now this.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

What ever happens, this is why I am a Shumi fan since ages. People are calling him murderer, killer etc. But nothing happened and both came about of the situation simply unhurt. RB had enough pace in his car to take MS at any point in the track with handful of laps against MS with a 55 odd lap old rubber. OK in F1 there are well written rule book. RB take a risk to overtake inside when there was acres of track at left side. He only told that he saw MS moving right after looking into his mirror to block him. Still he made a move because he know that no where in the track he can overtake MS.

At the end, I am really loving how MS is shaping himself as the same guy who retired at the end of 2006. Let us wait and watch!

Cheers!
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
IMHO, being docked ten places on the starting grid is too soft a punishment for attempted murder
Attempted murder ?!? Kinda harsh isn't it ? Was Schumi's move anymore 'murderous' than Lewis weaving all over the front straight or Vettel crashing into Webber ? If it was anything at all, it was a 'racing incident'. They're here to race, & like Schumi said, 'not hand out presents'.

Can't help but quote Dale Earnhardt here:

"If you're not here to race, go the hell home - don't come here & grumble about going too fast. Why don't you tie a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up & eat your candy a**"
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:43   #55
BHPian

Nice Race. Webber was very good on the super softs. Alonso had some luck and made full use of it. Vettel needs to grow up. He is acting very silly.

Schumi, well, good defending, but carried it too far. If there was no wall, I wouldn't worry, but it was too close for comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicks View Post
when the safety car was on its in lap, and vettle got left behind, Steve Slater was shouting about the brilliant RB strategy of holding back the scuderia cars.... turned out to be vettle sleeping in his car.

Slater is beginning to be a real turn off, whats with the mistaken identities all the time (helmets are easily distinguishable) star sports get Chris Goodwin back.

Steve SLater should remain, IMO he is great for laughs. He got Webber's father's name wrong. Called him Alan Jones .
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:00   #56
BHPian

If i did half the mistakes at work that Steve Slater does at his, I would be out of a job by now. I wish they got back Chris Goodwin and put him alongside Gary Anderson and Alex Yoong. Steve Slater can't get the name of the driver correct, or the name of the car and most of the time can't figure out the strategy of the drivers either. At many races this season, he kept saying that some of the drivers had to pit again while anyone with half a brain could realise that everyone was stopping only once.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:05   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
@ Hatari : IMHO You need to watch more races to appreciate Schumi's drive yesterday, he was holding his line throughout for ten/12 laps and holding off a faster car with fresher tyres for 10-12 laps is no joke.
Hmmm .. Alonso did that too .. for a many many more laps than 10-12. And was gracious enough to admit that he was able to hold on in front of Vettel primarily due to the circuit layout (which makes it difficult for even a faster car to overtake).
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:38   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Attempted murder ?!? Kinda harsh isn't it ? Was Schumi's move anymore 'murderous' than Lewis weaving all over the front straight or Vettel crashing into Webber ?
Yup, IMHO it was. Besides, who is condoning what Lewis or Vettel did? And the Mercedes GP team has not contested the 10 slot docking btw which means they have accepted the stewards findings.

Of course, you are entitled to your own opinons about what constitutes "racing" and what doesn't

Last edited by suman : 2nd August 2010 at 13:41.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:59   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Hmmm .. Alonso did that too .. for a many many more laps than 10-12. And was gracious enough to admit that he was able to hold on in front of Vettel primarily due to the circuit layout (which makes it difficult for even a faster car to overtake).
The difference was that both Alonso and Webber were on similar tyres and a difference of 1 sec doesn't let you overtake on this track. With Schumi and Barichello however, things were different coz Rubens was on fresh tyres whereas Schumi was on worn tyres. If you take a look at the lap times immediately after Rubens pitted, his lap times were around 2-3 seconds faster than Schumi.
I have always thought that this circuit is crap and this race reinforced this. Overtaking is absolutely not possible on this track unless the car ahead is having problems. Too bad that Bernie has signed it for the next 7 years or so.
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:50   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A. I've been watching F1 from 1995, dont think i have missed more than 5-6 races since then.

B. alonso was holding off vettel for 30 laps!! and he said like monaco even in hungary it is almost impossible to pass anywhere but the end of the start-finish straight, so all he had to do was get a good exit of the last corner.
He went on to say at any other circuit vettel would have passed him after 2-3 laps.

So, my point.. MS holding off RB for 6 odd laps is good, but no where close to extra ordinary (RB pitted lap 56, caught MS 3-4 laps later and passed him on lap 66)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks