Ten place grid penalty for Schumacher.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:17   #32
BHPian

Here are the penalties handed out to Schumacher
The F1 Times | Schumacher handed 10-place grid drop for Spa

And to Mercedes for a wheel coming off lose after Rosberg's pit stop
from his car
The F1 Times | Mercedes fined $50,000 for loose wheel

Last edited by aman9393 : 1st August 2010 at 21:20.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
how is almost driving RB into the pit wall a great fight?
he should be tried for attempted murder!
You obviously didn't see the laps leading to this incident. He put a great fight with his ill-performing Merc with worn out tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Alright pal! I think its impossible to talk about the issues to you anymore without you going off every single time with a "You're a McLaren fan - therefore you are wrong". So have it your way.
I appreciate a discussion if you had some points to make. But to simply come out and say it was dangerous and no one should be complacent on safety blah blah blah isn't the way to build up a constructive discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Barrichelo may or may not have got injured to an extent where he might have to give up racing. And my statement only indicates a possibility of it happening (which nobody can deny).

You never know whats gonna happen until it actually does. F1 cars are definitely safer, but only compared to their predecessors. Every design has it's flaws and nobody would want to find them out at over 300kmph.

Shan2nu
I know things can go either way when racing at extremes happen. But Schumi gave him truck loads of space on his left. Barri commited himself to the move when he wasn't entirely in a position to make the move. He had a faster car and could have made the move in the next lap or so.

Anyways they have penalised Schumi 10 places on the grid for SPA, but this will only further motivate him to do well in the next race.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I appreciate a discussion if you had some points to make. But to simply come out and say it was dangerous and no one should be complacent on safety blah blah blah isn't the way to build up a constructive discussion.
Wasn't it clear enough? You're saying that its ok to make Rubens crash because F1 cars are safe enough.

I'm telling you that that's simply not the case and that F1 is still very much a dangerous sport. GP2 driver Jules Bianchi was injured this very weekend such that he has been sidelined indefinitely. Henry Surtees died last year because a rogue tyre hit his helmet. And even Kubica admits he was lucky to survive his crash in Canada. I would have thought all this was obvious and well known to you.

Defend his move for all you're worth but don't go around saying that its ok to make someone else crash.. It simply isn't. If he put them in a position where they were going to crash, that's out of order. And before I drop it, I hope that's the last time every random issue I comment on brings out an anti-McLaren comment as it has several times.

EDIT: Here's Bianchi's crash. A crash could hardly look more harmless but its left Bianchi with broken vertebra and sidelined for "a long time" according to his team. Just goes to show you why racing simply isn't safe enough to be complacent about it.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 1st August 2010 at 21:48.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Here's another accident that also took place today! Result: Broken ankle, injured shoulder and a hand that needs surgery.

Still think motor racing is safe when drivers crash?
Old 1st August 2010, 21:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasn't it clear enough? You're saying that its ok to make Rubens crash because F1 cars are safe enough.

I'm telling you that that's simply not the case and that F1 is still very much a dangerous sport. GP2 driver Jules Bianchi was injured this very weekend such that he has been sidelined indefinitely. Henry Surtees died last year because a rogue tyre hit his helmet. And even Kubica admits he was lucky to survive his crash in Canada. I would have thought all this was obvious and well known to you.

Defend his move for all you're worth but don't go around saying that its ok to make someone else crash.. It simply isn't. If he put them in a position where they were going to crash, that's simply out of order. And before I drop it, I hope that's the last time every random issue I comment on brings out an anti-McLaren comment as it has several times.

EDIT: Here's Bianchi's crash. A crash could hardly look more harmless but its left Bianchi with broken vertebra and sidelined for "a long time" according to his team. Just goes to show you why racing simply isn't safe enough to be complacent about it.
I never said I wanted Barri to crash. I said 'even if he had crashed it wouldn't have been his last race'. Schumi is known to be aggressive but some see it as dirty.

Kubica's pushed Alonso out of the track in Silverstone and Alonso took the place by going out of the track.

Maybe that was OK because it was relatively slow and there were no walls near Alonso but in this case it was max throttle. Anyways it is each one's view, Schumi has been penalised which I think should put all the arguments to rest.

Last edited by SchumiFan : 1st August 2010 at 21:54.
Old 1st August 2010, 22:03   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I never said I wanted Barri to crash. I said 'even if he had crashed it wouldn't have been his last race'.
You never know. That's all there is to my point.

Quote:
Kubica's pushed Alonso out of the track in Silverstone and Alonso took the place by going out of the track.

Maybe that was OK because it was relatively slow and there were no walls near Alonso but in this case it was max throttle
Yep. Absolutely right
Old 1st August 2010, 22:05   #38
BHPian

IMO the penalty for schumi is heavyhanded and uncalled for ,he actually is looking like a defanged viper in an under performing car .I think he was mainting his defensive line and poor RB wanted to show that his car was faster .Clear lack of judgement
Old 1st August 2010, 22:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You obviously didn't see the laps leading to this incident. He put a great fight with his ill-performing Merc with worn out tires.
buddy ure talking about irrelevant issues :
'ill-performing merc', 'great fight' & 'worn out tires'
are looking for sympathy or excuses?
i'm sure his wife/mother will bring up the same issues!

just admit he screwed up and move on..
everyone on this forum and the FIA agrees on this
Old 1st August 2010, 22:42   #40
BANNED

Quote:

Now who's all this EVERYONE ....!

Crazy move by Barrichello He should have been penalised for dangerous driving. Was he driving blindfolded when he made that move, did he not see the wall. Crazy move.

Schumi drove a great race with a sadly built car and todays car had brake issues. We all still love him. Also we are talking as if Barri is a saint. Did we forget what he did last year to Massa at the same circuit.

Stewarts have always been trigger friendly whenever they need to shoot a penalty towards Schumi. This years races are pure examples. What hypocrites .....!

Ross Brawn should be for making Schumi driving such a horrendous car.

At the end of every race, the discussion starts deviating towards Schumi. Why......? You got the answer.

There is no greatest driver on earth, who has or who will ever achieve the feat Schumi has, lets respect and leave it at that. Time will tell how good he is.He was, He is and He will always be an aggressive driver. I and many fans all over the world appreciate his passion towards the sport.

About todays race.

A great race, and a class act by Webber. He deserved the win.

Good for Alonso he ended 2nd, just ahead of the charging Bull Vettel.

Vettel should have kept up the pressure from lap 60, he eased off and lost being 2nd.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 1st August 2010 at 22:46.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A few points to be cleared:

Everyone didn't agree to the decision. There are a few out there who think it was harsh on Schumi and there are a few who would agree it was a great fight until that incident.
The Merc was a good car in the beginning of the season but not good enough to challenge for race wins. And while everyone have upped their car's potential, Merc's updates somehow isn't working fine just yet.

Schumi made his pitstop on lap 15 and continued for 55 laps on the same tires. So his tires would have been worn-out by the end of the race.

You are allowed to have your view on the issue but don't preach others the same.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:57   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Crazy move by Barrichello He should have been penalised for dangerous driving. Was he driving blindfolded when he made that move, did he not see the wall. Crazy move.
Good joke!

Quote:
Schumi drove a great race with a sadly built car and todays car had brake issues. We all still love him. Also we are talking as if Barri is a saint. Did we forget what he did last year to Massa at the same circuit.
What did he do? Are you trying to say Rubens deliberately caused Massa's accident last year?
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar to Red Bull - what a ride for the team!!

Beautiful piece of race craft by Red Bull and a worthy implementer in Mark Webber. But too bad about how it turned around for Seb Vettel. He is learning a lot of lessons the hard way. Young driver that he is, he manages to show his feelings very evidently. Funny to see him throwing his cap onto the podium.

Piece of sledging by Schumacher on Rubens??

drive on,
Shibu.
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
What a race! My heart goes out to Vettel. The team had asked him to hold the pack for Webber to get that lead behind the SC... totally unfair! Don't these guys who make these decisions ever read the rules?
Poor Vettel. Eitehr he really was napping (which i dont think was the case) or the team bungled in trying to nullify Webbo's disadvantage due to the SC. If it was team orders, this is the way to impose it, rather than scream on the radio "sebastian, mark will be faster than you...oops sorry stick with 3rd good lad"

Quote:
Sorry! that is exaggeration at its heights. Just look at Kubica's crash in Canada and come back. Even if Barri had crashed, it wouldn't have been of that magnitude.

F1 cars are a lot safer than we think or they look.
Do you have ANY regard for human life? You dont know how disturbing it is to watch an accident where the driver doesnt move. Had you watched Imola 94 you wouldnt say such rubbish.
Being a fan of a driver doesnt mean you blindly support what he does and disregard another's life. Just because F1 cars are safer, he is justified to cause a crash is it?? RIDICULOUS!

Quote:
Always easy to disregard safety and be complacent. That's what gets people killed
+1 to that. If SchumiFan has this attitude towards safety, i am concerned about the way he drives on the roads

Quote:
Ah! a bit rich coming from a McLaren fan! It is like St.Lewis hasn't done anything dangerous and always had a halo over his head.

Anyways Schumi will be penalised for it because the stewards want to have their share of pie and see it as a collection item. It is like 'Hey I punished Schumi when I was the steward at XYZ GP etc'.
Already had much of controversies last week and I am having none of it this week.

Celebrating a Ferrari 2-4 and Alonso's re-ignited title chase. Bring on Spa!
When we talk about an issue, please put aside "ferrari fan" or "mclaren fan". An issue is an issue. Dangerous driving should be condemned whether its Schumacher, Hamilton or your friendly taxi driver!

And btw, if we are to start about Schumi and the FIA we can dedicate a forum to the number of his misdemeanours that have gone unpunished.

Quote:

I know things can go either way when racing at extremes happen. But Schumi gave him truck loads of space on his left. Barri commited himself to the move when he wasn't entirely in a position to make the move. He had a faster car and could have made the move in the next lap or so.

Anyways they have penalised Schumi 10 places on the grid for SPA, but this will only further motivate him to do well in the next race.
And you are starting a highly constructive decision is it? come on man, be practical and dont just go off on a topic just because it goes against your opinion.
As for the move, you and few other die-hard/blind Schumi fans will be the only ones to say its legal or even safe. Barrichello went right, Schumi moved right, fair enough. When Barrichello moved further right, Schumi went further right, clearly trying to close the space and push him into the wall to discourage the move. Just because he went right, doesnt mean Barrichello should overtake on the left from the outside. It was DANGEROUS driving.

Quote:
I never said I wanted Barri to crash. I said 'even if he had crashed it wouldn't have been his last race'. Schumi is known to be aggressive but some see it as dirty.
Wow, even if he crashed it wouldnt have been his last race?? You really need to read about crashes my friend. Maybe you should start with Senna and Zonta. Then you;l think before coming up with terrible statements like that. Is Barrichello's life and limbs really worth less than 1 poin to Schumacher for you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
IMO the penalty for schumi is heavyhanded and uncalled for ,he actually is looking like a defanged viper in an under performing car .I think he was mainting his defensive line and poor RB wanted to show that his car was faster .Clear lack of judgement

What can i say. He is only as good as the car. He sucks, blame the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post

Stewarts have always been trigger friendly whenever they need to shoot a penalty towards Schumi. This years races are pure examples. What hypocrites .....!

Ross Brawn should be for making Schumi driving such a horrendous car.

At the end of every race, the discussion starts deviating towards Schumi. Why......? You got the answer.

There is no greatest driver on earth, who has or who will ever achieve the feat Schumi has, lets respect and leave it at that. Time will tell how good he is.He was, He is and He will always be an aggressive driver. I and many fans all over the world appreciate his passion towards the sport.

About todays race.

A great race, and a class act by Webber. He deserved the win.

Good for Alonso he ended 2nd, just ahead of the charging Bull Vettel.

Vettel should have kept up the pressure from lap 60, he eased off and lost being 2nd.
i really hope you are being sarcastic. Crazy move by Barrichello?? And Ross Brawn should be blamed for Schumi's car??

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2010 at 15:56. Reason: TBHP rules permit 2 smileys max per post. Please make sure you read the rules before continuing. Thanks.
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:14   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Do you have ANY regard for human life? You dont know how disturbing it is to watch an accident where the driver doesnt move. Had you watched Imola 94 you wouldnt say such rubbish.
Being a fan of a driver doesnt mean you blindly support what he does and disregard another's life. Just because F1 cars are safer, he is justified to cause a crash is it?? RIDICULOUS!

+1 to that. If SchumiFan has this attitude towards safety, i am concerned about the way he drives on the roads

When we talk about an issue, please put aside "ferrari fan" or "mclaren fan". An issue is an issue. Dangerous driving should be condemned whether its Schumacher, Hamilton or your friendly taxi driver!

And btw, if we are to start about Schumi and the FIA we can dedicate a forum to the number of his misdemeanours that have gone unpunished.

And you are starting a highly constructive decision is it? come on man, be practical and dont just go off on a topic just because it goes against your opinion.
As for the move, you and few other die-hard/blind Schumi fans will be the only ones to say its legal or even safe. Barrichello went right, Schumi moved right, fair enough. When Barrichello moved further right, Schumi went further right, clearly trying to close the space and push him into the wall to discourage the move. Just because he went right, doesnt mean Barrichello should overtake on the left from the outside. It was DANGEROUS driving.

Wow, even if he crashed it wouldnt have been his last race?? You really need to read about crashes my friend. Maybe you should start with Senna and Zonta. Then you;l think before coming up with terrible statements like that. Is Barrichello's life and limbs really worth less than 1 poin to Schumacher for you???

What can i say. He is only as good as the car. He sucks, blame the car.

i really hope you are being sarcastic. Crazy move by Barrichello?? And Ross Brawn should be blamed for Schumi's car??
99.99% of the drivers on the grid today are into F1 because of him. Even you too are watching F1 because he started such a legacy which nobody can achieve.

I stand by it , Barri's move was "STUPID" 200th race and did'nt he know the risks, bah.........! what hypocricy

And the stewards reward for a 10 grid penalty for the next race, how ridiculous

World knows Schumi is driving a slow car, a little educated human can understand that. And my dear friend. Every driver is as good as his car.

Note: Even you cant stop going against the rules . HOW MANY SMILIES HAVE YOU USED MY FRIEND

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 2nd August 2010 at 10:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks