Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 21:35   #31
BHPian

A great race. Good result for Sutil. The time when the first four went for the tyre change after Hamilton's giant slide, I was hoping that Sutil would spring a surprise!! But alas, no such luck.
Old 29th August 2010, 22:40   #32
BANNED

What a race, I loved every lap today.

How did Vettel get away with a simple drive through penalty. How ridiculous.

He does'nt deserve the title "BABY SCHUMI"

1) Creating a crash and putting someone out of WDC and todays race.

2) Driving dangerously across the track after the crash to pits.

Hamilton and Kubica deserved this win, Webber drove a clean race.

What happened to Alonso, looks like he cannot win without a clean margin advantage. Masssa was better than him today, but poor guy is not getting any media attention these days.

Sutil drove a great race today, Good for Force India that he's ahead of Schumi in WDC rankings.

And once again, great drive from the Legendary Schumacher. 21st on the starting grid and 7th on the finishing line.
Old 29th August 2010, 22:57   #33
mgh
BHPian

Bull in a china shop is the only way to describe Vettel today. He seems to have made it a habit to 'nudge' people out of the way. Remember the British Grand Prix when he did that to Sutil? Today he did it to Button and Liuzzi. The guy should be banned for a couple of races. He seems to be a spoilt brat.
Liuzzi was lucky to get a point after all that, he might have got a few more points if that idiot hadn't barged into him.
Sutil did a great job, hope Mallya keeps him for next year and not let him go as he did with Fisichella last year.
Old 29th August 2010, 23:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Good to see Hamilton take back the lead of Drivers Championship.Mere 3 points separates them.This season will get more exciting from next round.
Old 30th August 2010, 11:44   #35
BHPian

spa is the best circuit to watch by far, and it is the same for the drivers, lewis' glee on winning here was visible, he wanted this on his cv badly, winning here is more important than winning in some other places.

if alonso, button and vettle do not get a load of points in the next 2-3 races we can have a finale between ham and webbo

i was hoping for a miracle when sutil put inters a lap before the top 3, and ham went off in the gravel, a little more rain, and it could have been force india's first win ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
But I feel Vettel isn't to be blamed for the incident with Button. I feel he was out done by the rain when he tried to go outside Button and he suffered a deserved penalty for that.
don't quite agree to that Schumifan, the move was optimistic, and he jinked inside - outside, braked and spun, was completely avoidable.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicks View Post
don't quite agree to that Schumifan, the move was optimistic, and he jinked inside - outside, braked and spun, was completely avoidable.
Yes. It seems he doesn't learn from his mistakes.
He has a history of misjudgments.
2007 Fuji -Behind safety car, crashed into Webber (avoidable accident)
2009 Australia - Didn't give enough room to Kubica, who was trying to overtake him (avoidable accident)
2010 Turkey - Crashed into Webber (avoidable accident)
2010 Hungary - Ignorant to safety car rules, again no presence of mind, luckily no crash
And yesterday - yet another avoidable accident

Any other driver (Alonso, Hamilton, Kubica, Massa etc) driving that RedBull, would be comfortably leading the WDC now.
Old 30th August 2010, 12:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

a truly engrossing race after a long time- capped by a doubly sweet finish- Points for both Force Indias!. Luizzi was unlucky to not finish higher- certainly deserved to- anyhow, he got back to scoring points thanks to the post race penalty for Alg.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:55   #38
BHPian

Was one of the better races to watch. Vettel clearly needs a lot to learn in terms of race craft.
So are we looking at a two dog race for the rest of the season, between Lewis and Webber?
The new directive of the FIA where flexi wings are subjected to more stringent tests seems to have caught RedBull and Ferrari out. I think the Bulls will maintan their advantage on tracks like Suzuka, Singapore and Korea though. McLaren will be good at Brazil and Monza. Yas Marina is anybodies guess.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
2007 Fuji -Behind safety car, crashed into Webber (avoidable accident)
This could have been webbo's first victory and RBs first victory, i remember webber was livid after this and so were the RB team, being hit by the junior team's car when you are so close to your first win.

and then this kid comes to RB and wins the first race for them, frankly webbo has endured a lot when it comes to vettel, this WDC would be such a sweet revenge for him.
Old 30th August 2010, 16:03   #40
Team-BHP Support

For the world Champion, am in a dilemma - Would like Lewis and Mclaren as they are an awesome professional team who are consistent and again would like Weber so that he can thumb his nose at the Red bull folks for trying to shaft him
Old 30th August 2010, 18:57   #41
BHPian

What a race ! Spa just delievers a brilliant race everytime .

Sebastien Vettel couldnt have been more foolish , immature ,impatient, stupid . How do you do the same mistake again and again . On the other hand Webber did an awesome job .

Hamilton has to be the driver of the weekend. What a final quali lap and then a flawless performance in slippery track .

I was hoping for some giant killer stuff from Barrichello . But a sad 300th GP for him .

Kubica , Schumi (21st to 7th !!) , Roseberg , Sutil were brilliant too .

I think it has to be Hamilton vs Webber now , with Alonso also having a chance .

Though I wouldnt mind a hard charging "in anger" though not foolish Vettel steal the title!
Old 30th August 2010, 20:55   #42
Senior - BHPian

Another senior moment from Herr. Vettel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
But I feel Vettel isn't to be blamed for the incident with Button. I feel he was out done by the rain when he tried to go outside Button and he suffered a deserved penalty for that.
On a cold and damp track, Vettel goes off the dry line to the greasy side and slams on the brakes right next to Button. What else is going to happen? Also note he is on slick tires and a dry setup.

A driver who does not have this much judgement should not be in F1 endangering others' safety.

If he had hit Hamilton or Webber, it could have very well costed them a championship.

He deserves a 10 grid place penalty at Monza like they did to MS.

Last edited by Mpower : 31st August 2010 at 00:07.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

A wet race in Spa simply means more action on sunday. It was a super Spa weekend as usual.

Lewis/Webber/Kubica did extremely well to finish in top 3 positions.

Lewis has a very good chance to win his 2nd WDC title this year. He has been exceptional through the 2nd half of this season.

Vettel shows his immaturity as a racing driver. He needs more time behind the wheel before he can fight for the WDC.

Bad bad luck for Alonso & Ferrari team. Should I blame an immature driver who was celebrating his 300th GP? Something similar to Vettel's overtake move on JB where Rubens gets off the racing line to gain positions as most cars were slipping off the track in the final corner.
Old 31st August 2010, 11:10   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
On a cold and damp track, Vettel goes off the dry line to the greasy side and slams on the brakes right next to Button. What else is going to happen? Also note he is on slick tires and a dry setup.

A driver who does not have this much judgement should not be in F1 endangering others' safety.

If he had hit Hamilton or Webber, it could have very well costed them a championship.

He deserves a 10 grid place penalty at Monza like they did to MS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
A wet race in Spa simply means more action on sunday. It was a super Spa weekend as usual.

Lewis/Webber/Kubica did extremely well to finish in top 3 positions.

Lewis has a very good chance to win his 2nd WDC title this year. He has been exceptional through the 2nd half of this season.

Vettel shows his immaturity as a racing driver. He needs more time behind the wheel before he can fight for the WDC.

Bad bad luck for Alonso & Ferrari team. Should I blame an immature driver who was celebrating his 300th GP? Something similar to Vettel's overtake move on JB where Rubens gets off the racing line to gain positions as most cars were slipping off the track in the final corner.
This is what makes Schumi different than the present crop of drivers.

I feel his penalty did not justify his acts, he required a severe penalty than that.

Just an act of crash caused Schumi a 10 place penalty for the NEXT race, But Vettel gets away after crashing, putting a driver out of WDC and the race, driving across the track dangerously after the crash, Comes back again on the track,damaging and tries to crash with Luizzi, and comes out clean with a drive through penalty.

Waiting for the next race.
Old 1st September 2010, 09:36   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vettel should write a book "How to lose a championship despite having the fastest car + the most poles in a season". How many mistakes, man?! Sure, he's not as experienced, but he still is a Formula 1 driver. Translated, amongst the best in the world. I quite like the chap and his attitude, its his mistakes that make me lose respect for him.

Adrian Newey is a genius and always gives his drivers outstanding machines. However, the Red Bull Team proves that having the fastest car is clearly not enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks