Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2010, 19:50   #31
BANNED

Guys....!

Which channel is telecasting the Qualifying....????

ESPN has some football shown, and Star Sports are showing something else
Old 25th September 2010, 20:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nick Heidfeld and Christian Klien are consistently setting faster times than their team mates in practice so far.
Both these guys were out of F1, and straight away they are beating their teammates. Klien is an interesting case. He is way quicker than Senna who beat Yamamoto hands down. Next race i am sure, we will see Yamamoto back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Guys....!

Which channel is telecasting the Qualifying....????
There is no live telecast of quali. It wil be a delayed telecast at 10 pm on ESPN.

Sports | TV Listings | Search Results | ESPNSTAR.com
It seems they are showing CLT20 on both star cricket and star sports

Last edited by SilentEngine : 25th September 2010 at 20:05.
Old 25th September 2010, 20:47   #33
Senior - BHPian

Alonso on pole

That should have been a superb lap. Sad that we are unable to enjoy the live telecast because of the cricket fever Star Sports is suffering today. I thought a dedicated Star Cricket channel would avoid overlaps like this. Poorly managed!

However its superb stuff from Ferrari & Team. Fingers crossed for tomorrow evening!

Btw, Alonso is proving to be the master of the most crappy circuit of the season!
Old 25th September 2010, 20:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Alonso beats Vettel for P1. Both McLarens ahead of Webber. Massa to start from P24
Attached Images

Old 25th September 2010, 20:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

I wonder what Star Sports think. They hype up the Night race in Singapore months before the actual race and then promptly don't telecast. They could have very well shown the Qualifying and then started hyping up the second ACLT20 Semifinal match. Have to somehow tell them what we feel about them. Any mail id for them?

Anyways I am happy that Alonso has taken the pole in Singapore which requires more down-force than even Monaco. Seems like the updates are working and Alonso is pushing the car 120%. Should the engine survive along with a better start, Alonso has a very good chance of winning and closing the gap to the leaders massively.

Good lap from Lewis and Button too along with Vettel. For all the talk of him failing under pressure, Vettel has performed admirably until now.

Webber in 5th place should be a disappointing for him and coupled with their start issues it would be a blow to his championship hopes.

Renault look faster too and MercGP also have two cars in the top 10.

A great drive from Schumi to be in the top 10 for his very first night race. Superb drive by Kobayashi to get 10th place on the grid.

Massa could have been in the top8 but was unlucky to have gearbox issues. I hope they give him a new engine now since he is already in last of the grid.

Should be a cracker of a race tomorrow Hoping for a Alonso win!
Old 25th September 2010, 20:55   #36
BHPian

Any idea's why Massa did not set a time lap. strange that massa is dead last on the grid. good to see Ferrari on P1 turn 1 will be full of fireworks tomorrow alonso VS Vettle, Ferrari VS Red Bull. Time to see who has wings
Old 25th September 2010, 20:57   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Alonso on pole

That should have been a superb lap. Sad that we are unable to enjoy the live telecast because of the cricket fever Star Sports is suffering today. I thought a dedicated Star Cricket channel would avoid overlaps like this. Poorly managed!

However its superb stuff from Ferrari & Team. Fingers crossed for tomorrow evening!

Btw, Alonso is proving to be the master of the most crappy circuit of the season!
There are 2 channels telecasting StarCricket and Star Sports ESPN is showing some Football League.

Its unnecessary to give Cricket so much of prominence that too a dabba telecast of CLT20 and that tooo on 2 different channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I wonder what Star Sports think. They hype up the Night race in Singapore months before the actual race and then promptly don't telecast. They could have very well shown the Qualifying and then started hyping up the second ACLT20 Semifinal match. Have to somehow tell them what we feel about them. Any mail id for them?

Anyways I am happy that Alonso has taken the pole in Singapore which requires more down-force than even Monaco. Seems like the updates are working and Alonso is pushing the car 120%. Should the engine survive along with a better start, Alonso has a very good chance of winning and closing the gap to the leaders massively.

Good lap from Lewis and Button too along with Vettel. For all the talk of him failing under pressure, Vettel has performed admirably until now.

Webber in 5th place should be a disappointing for him and coupled with their start issues it would be a blow to his championship hopes.

Renault look faster too and MercGP also have two cars in the top 10.

A great drive from Schumi to be in the top 10 for his very first night race. Superb drive by Kobayashi to get 10th place on the grid.

Massa could have been in the top8 but was unlucky to have gearbox issues. I hope they give him a new engine now since he is already in last of the grid.

For Force India the track did not suit well, sad to see them there.

Should be a cracker of a race tomorrow Hoping for a Alonso win!
I dont think Massa can get another engine tomorrow, since Ferrari's have used all their Quota, But hey, he can take a new engine and shoot up the order, since it does not make any difference on the grid penalty.

Good for Schumi, for being in that position on his first qualifying at Singapore.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 25th September 2010 at 20:59.
Old 25th September 2010, 20:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
In the link i posted earlier, it says that there was a live telecast of FP3
So they think FP3 is more important than Qualifying. What a bunch of idiots!
And then they show the same cricket in both start sports and star cricket.
I don't know if they take any feedback seriously. But anyway you can try sending some here :
Feedback | Send us your questions, comments and suggestions | ESPNSTAR.com
Old 25th September 2010, 21:38   #39
BHPian

+1 to schumifan
That was very irresponsible on the part of Star Sports.
They were promoting the Night GP quite aggressively and now this!

Anyways, good show by Alonso. Anybody noticed that the top 5 championship contenders are covered up in the first five positions itself? Nice
Though I personally believe the Championship is more between Hamilton and Webber. Unless there are some DNFs.

Looking forward to tomorrow's race. It's gonna be exciting!
And yes, Karun Chandhok is commentating tomorrow with Steve Slater.

Last edited by aman9393 : 25th September 2010 at 21:39.
Old 25th September 2010, 21:41   #40
BHPian

Wow

Guys,
Look at post #2 of this thread, my TOP 3 prediction came correct.
I just hope Alonso wins it tomorrow !
Old 25th September 2010, 22:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

For those who missed Qualifying in the SingaporeGP, ESPN is showing it now.
Old 25th September 2010, 23:28   #42
BHPian

i have put my feedback to the Starsports guys.

Really excited about the race tomorrow, would love to see Alonso win the race and would to see the battle between the bulls and hamilton and hopefully StarSports will not pull a surprise tomorrow.

cheers
Old 25th September 2010, 23:49   #43
BHPian

Its a street circuit, Alonso & Hamilton are street smart & street fighters !
Its a good thing for both that Vettel is between them, though I expect the hustler Hamilton to make a move on Vettel very very early on.
Whether it clicks or not is another matter.
Go Alonso.
Old 26th September 2010, 00:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Star Sports has gone nuts!!! More worried about their TRP, than showing quality material.

No fun watching qualifying when you already know the results. Hope they atleast telecast the race tomorrow.

Shan2nu
Old 26th September 2010, 13:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone get garbled audio on espn for the qualifying telecast yesterday ? I was getting a mix of both English and Mandarin commentary on TV

BTW here is an excellent clip

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks