Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2011, 13:38   #31
BHPian

Re: Australian Grand Prix 2011

HRT team has gone from bad to worse. I hope Narain manages to qualify for the race.
Its shocking that they cant have both cars ready even for practice, forget testing.

Mclaren seems to have sprung a surprise. Though reading what Anachronix has written gives me hope for RedBull!

LOL all the prediction pundits must be scratching their heads.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:52   #32
BHPian

Redbull are clearly faster than the rest of the teams. The story for the whole pre season was their amazing long run pace and it seems to be continuing at Australia too. Vettel did a 20 lap stint and the whole drop off in time was only around 1 sec.
Also, like Pirelli have said, the wear rates are much lower in Australia due to the warmer temperatures. Hopefully, we should have a great race this sunday.
Old 25th March 2011, 15:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Hope these are IST?
yeah mate, that's IST. go to www.formula1.com; there on the main page you've the next race column on the right side; click on Convert to My Local Time and you'll get the time the practice/qualifying/race will take place in your local time zone.
Old 26th March 2011, 00:30   #34
MCR
BHPian

McLaren are one and two in the second session of practice. Jenson Button has outpaced Lewis Hamilton. Fernando Alonso is close third.

Formula 1
Old 26th March 2011, 01:14   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
More details please?
Mercedes is still isted as an engine partner, same as before.
Mercedes benz had share in the Mclaren team. The team is fully owned by mclaren now as mercedes benz has their own team now. MB has no financial interests in the team anymore. MB is only a supplier now. Same thing happened when williams and bmw departed. Without bmw's money, williams experienced a dramatic fall and the team that was competing at the top is now competing for the 6th place on the constructors table.

Last edited by Mike89 : 26th March 2011 at 01:15.
Old 26th March 2011, 01:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
yeah mate, that's IST. go to www.formula1.com; there on the main page you've the next race column on the right side; click on Convert to My Local Time and you'll get the time the practice/qualifying/race will take place in your local time zone.
Thanks Anna. The problem is my system is on EST and if I change the time to IST, my Calendar will go for a toss. so asked this qn
Old 26th March 2011, 03:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Thanks Anna. The problem is my system is on EST and if I change the time to IST, my Calendar will go for a toss. so asked this qn
OT:

Outlook Calendar? if yes, then you can have multiple calendars in different time zones or set the particular calendar to a different time zone.
Old 26th March 2011, 11:07   #38
BHPian

Looks like a straight fight between Red Bull and Mclaren going by the final practice times. Prancing Horses don't seem to be galloping at a leader's pace.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:22   #39
BHPian

Looks like a straight fight between Red Bull and Mclaren going by the final practice times. Prancing Horses don't seem to be galloping at a leader's pace.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Vettel slots into P1 in his Redbull followed by Hamilton in his Mclaren.
The grid is set for an exciting start to the 2011 season.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:35   #41
BHPian

Its Vettel and Hamilton in the front row for the season opener. Webber and Button on the second row. Superb performance by Vettel
Old 26th March 2011, 13:31   #42
BHPian

^^

As expected both HRT Drivers are not qualified to race on Sunday.
Old 26th March 2011, 13:49   #43
MCR
BHPian

Wow what a performance by Vettel. Almost one second faster than the rest. Is it because of very low level of fuel? Let us see tomorrow. The race is going to be won by the person who managers his tyre very well. One could see that the amount of tyre wear in case of wheel lock-ups, its simply huge. Button has a fair chance considering he is very gentle on the tyres, as with Alonso.

Schumi is P11. Very bad.
Force India is going the wrong way. Both their drivers struggled. Sutil almost crashed.
Old 26th March 2011, 16:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Very disappointed with Ferrari's pace. I was thinking they would challenge RB's for the pole but they seem intent on warding off Renaults/Torro Rosso's for 5th place. Massa is still struggling. Wonder what his problem is. Same with Schumi. He was very impressive in the practice sessions, hope he has a good race since he doesn't has to start with soft tires.

Vettel's and Lewis's pace is awesome. But with the drop off in the tires performance, I think they could be reeled in, in the race. Expecting a podium for Fernando, fingers crossed.
Old 26th March 2011, 17:31   #45
BHPian

Hey guys..I am currently in Melbourne. Unfortunately I will miss tomorrow's race but the booming sound of those F1 cars here in the city is just addicting. I live around 5kms from the race track and could hear the sweet engine sound.
The city is all geared up and buzzing with auto enthusiasts. It was an overcast day today but tomorrow promises to be bright and sunny..hope to see a great race..enjoy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks