Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 20:42   #16
BHPian

Re: On the 18th attempt, I finally am approved to say "Hello" to all fellow T-BHP mem

Welcome to TBHP.

Wow. 18 attempts!! Were you conducting some psychology experiement to find out the tipping point of TBHP membership approval?

Looking forward to your unique helicopter flying experiences.
Old 18th October 2011, 05:45   #17
BHPian

Re: On the 18th attempt, I finally am approved to say "Hello" to all fellow T-BHP mem

Welcome to the community Driving_Nomad.
18 attempts is surely a record in here.

Happy mile crunching in coming years!
Old 18th October 2011, 06:56   #18
BHPian

Welcome, you sure proved to be the modern day "Gajini Mohamed".
Old 18th October 2011, 07:41   #19
BHPian

18 attempts !! And I thought I was one of the highest with 7 attempts

Welcome abroad. Have a great time here and looking forward to reading all your experiences. Cheers
Old 18th October 2011, 08:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Perseverance in one word !! Welcome aboard pal, we should meet up sometime for a cup of coffee in Mysore over the weekend. I am a regular there over the weekends.

Hope to see you around and yeah the Safari modification thread is something I am looking forward to.
Old 18th October 2011, 11:41   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.sinha View Post
Welcome to TBHP.

Wow. 18 attempts!! Were you conducting some psychology experiement to find out the tipping point of TBHP membership approval?

Looking forward to your unique helicopter flying experiences.
I was so stubborn about getting a membership that I couldn't stop myself to try after every unsuccessful attempt. I was just guessing what the approving authority would have thought after reading the lines, or was wondering whether the lines that I wrote were being read at all?? A bit of psychology I accept. But nothing big time.

Am I missing a point about flying choppers here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Welcome to the community Driving_Nomad.
18 attempts is surely a record in here.

Happy mile crunching in coming years!
Thanks C300!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidousha View Post
Welcome, you sure proved to be the modern day "Gajini Mohamed".
Well I am not here to "LOOT" like him though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified View Post
18 attempts !! And I thought I was one of the highest with 7 attempts

Welcome abroad. Have a great time here and looking forward to reading all your experiences. Cheers
Thanks kimified!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Perseverance in one word !! Welcome aboard pal, we should meet up sometime for a cup of coffee in Mysore over the weekend. I am a regular there over the weekends.

Hope to see you around and yeah the Safari modification thread is something I am looking forward to.
I definitely look forward for the meet up!! I stay in Srirampura. Let's speak offline (on PMs) and decide the place and time.

The Safari mod thread is coming soon. I have made an outline for the thread and am yet to do the write-up.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:24   #22

Welcome Aboard my dear friend... 18 attempts shows your real interest and appreciate the patience level.. Its indeed one of the best forum in our country and we are all proud of it.
have a pleasant stay and look forward to your review on buying your dream car...
Congratulations and enjoy your stay.
Old 19th October 2011, 16:38   #23

Hi,
you should name your profile "Gajini+1" which would be more appropriate. One of my friend is chasing you on number of attempts and i hope he gets through soon.
Off Topic -
Shouldn't we respect the perseverance and grant them membership for those who has given genuine multiple attempts (10 or 15+). My theory is based on "the person is trying to become a member for a reason and he/she believes that this forum is right place for the purpose". Mods....This is my humble opinion. If inappropriate to express here, please remove the post
Old 19th October 2011, 22:07   #24
BHPian

Guess you are a record of sorts, shows the magnetism of a true auto fan. I can imagine the look on you when you read that membership approved email... dream come true I guess.

Looking forward to your Punto 90’s review. Me on the verge of booking a P90 too, though have booked a Swift ZDI, I am planning to cancel that. Sadly, till date my experience with fiat pre-sales folks is not that great. Anyways my stories apart, WELCOME ABOARD.
Old 20th October 2011, 00:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
Am I missing a point about flying choppers here?
Oops sorry, mixed the helicopter part up with someone else's intro. Please ignore.
Old 20th October 2011, 09:39   #26
BHPian

Welcome and cheers on your success, I am sure now you can pen down a book on Dos and Don's while chasing T-BHP!
Old 20th October 2011, 09:40   #27
BHPian

Welcome aboard! At 18 attempts - you should start a thread on number of attempts and whether you hold the current title!

Looking forward to your Safari mod details...
Old 20th October 2011, 17:55   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad View Post
And on the 18th attempt, I finally am approved to say Hello to all fellow Team-BHP members!!!
Hello everyone,
To tell you all a bit about me, I am Srinivas a Software Programmer by profession and a Research Scholar(Computers and Automobiles) by Passion!! Born and brought up in Mysore, I am in Bengaluru during the week to earn my bread and at Mysore during the weekend to sit peacefully and eat it
I have treaded over most of the paths that come after “ www.team-bhp.com/......” in the past 4-5 years of my free time at office and after 17 futile attempts have been approved a membership of this elite club/forum. I would first like to thank the Mods for waving a green flag this time and at the same time would like to mention that I wouldn’t have given up even if my 18th try would turn unsuccessful. (Now Mods, please don’t revoke my membership just to check my Perseverance )
I used to shuttle between Mysore and Bengaluru with my Swift for the past three years and now that it’s sold, I use the Modified Tata Safari ’99 for the travel. The other car in stable is an Opel Corsa GSI ‘04. The Opel and the Safari are soon going to get a new comrade this Diwali. I have booked a car that I fell in love with, right from when it was launched and the love continues to linger even now. Yes, you have guessed it right!! It is a FIAT GP 1.3 Multijet 90HP in White robes (Bossa Nova White) and is scheduled for delivery on October the 28th. My other interests lie in wildlife, photography and off-roading.
My heart is saying “Write on”, but my mind says “hey!! this is an introduction, so let’s keep it concise and not bore the readers”. Though I know there are innumerous threads on the FIAT GP, I plan to come up with a thread on “Decision making, booking experience, PDI and initial ownership” and a thread on "How the Safari was Modified" soon enough.

Till then,
Cheers and have a happy weekend!!
First of all I would like to congratulate you for your perseverance and then your membership.

18 times!! (OMG! )

That proves you are quite a die-hard automobile enthusiast and were willing to go at any length to be a member of this forum (speaking of which, I myself tried applying for a membership and was lucky on the 5th time and all the time I thought that the Mods were biased. @Mods: Now please don't revoke my membership upon reading this line. )

Also worth congratulating is your writing skills which can be judged from introduction and I hope that your experience about your new purchase (Fiat Punto) will be interesting to read as well.

All the best for both you and your new car and wish you many happy miles ahead!!!
Old 21st October 2011, 00:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhu bangalore View Post
Welcome Aboard my dear friend... 18 attempts shows your real interest and appreciate the patience level.. Its indeed one of the best forum in our country and we are all proud of it.
have a pleasant stay and look forward to your review on buying your dream car...
Congratulations and enjoy your stay.
Thanks Sidhu!! I do not call this "one of the best", but would say "BY FAR, THE BEST" forum in our country!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetzLover View Post
Hi,
you should name your profile "Gajini+1" which would be more appropriate. One of my friend is chasing you on number of attempts and i hope he gets through soon.
Off Topic -
Shouldn't we respect the perseverance and grant them membership for those who has given genuine multiple attempts (10 or 15+). My theory is based on "the person is trying to become a member for a reason and he/she believes that this forum is right place for the purpose". Mods....This is my humble opinion. If inappropriate to express here, please remove the post
Getzlover, how I wish I would change my handle to Mohd. Ghazni!! While what you say about perseverance is right, I feel the seriousness about content is a strong foothold due to which Team-BHP stands where it is today!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithpd View Post
Guess you are a record of sorts, shows the magnetism of a true auto fan. I can imagine the look on you when you read that membership approved email... dream come true I guess.

Looking forward to your Punto 90’s review. Me on the verge of booking a P90 too, though have booked a Swift ZDI, I am planning to cancel that. Sadly, till date my experience with fiat pre-sales folks is not that great. Anyways my stories apart, WELCOME ABOARD.
When the approval email arrived, I have almost called up 30 people in my phonebook to share my happiness!! I was so excited

You would surely be seeing a Punto thread from my side. Though I do not intend to write a review of the GP 90HP (as every single nut and bolt in the GP have almost been disccused in here!) , I would definitely write about my ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
Welcome and cheers on your success, I am sure now you can pen down a book on Dos and Don's while chasing T-BHP!
Thanks avingodb, but writing has never been my forte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Welcome aboard! At 18 attempts - you should start a thread on number of attempts and whether you hold the current title!

Looking forward to your Safari mod details...
Thanks mmxylorider. I intially thought about it. But then, there might surely be atleast a bunch of them who have made more attempts than me!!

The Safari thread will be coming after my GP initial ownership thread!! Hope I am not disappointing anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
First of all I would like to congratulate you for your perseverance and then your membership.

18 times!! (OMG! )

That proves you are quite a die-hard automobile enthusiast and were willing to go at any length to be a member of this forum (speaking of which, I myself tried applying for a membership and was lucky on the 5th time and all the time I thought that the Mods were biased. @Mods: Now please don't revoke my membership upon reading this line. )

Also worth congratulating is your writing skills which can be judged from introduction and I hope that your experience about your new purchase (Fiat Punto) will be interesting to read as well.

All the best for both you and your new car and wish you many happy miles ahead!!!
Thanks Mark 5. There resides quite a die-hard automobile enthusiast inside me but at Team-BHP, there's a whole lot ahead of me and it's a pleasant re-assuring feeling to be a member here!!
There is nothing much in my writing to be lauded. Though I do not carry a big vocab in me, I just ensure that I write correct, grammatically. "KISS-Keep It Simple and Stupid" is my way
Old 21st October 2011, 11:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Salute you Nomad. 18 attempts!! Vow. Have a great time

I agree with Shubz - discouraging such genuine enthusiasts may affect the quality of our forum
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks