Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 19:35   #16
BANNED

Re: A newbie from the city of “biryani”

A very warm welcome aboard Sharan, frankly speaking, it's the "Biryani" that drew me to the thread; but found an intro - and a legacy, that is even more interesting and appreciable.

I saw the thread in the morning, read the post by Sumitro (@Blackpearl), went on to read more about your dad, got thoroughly impressed; and returned here to welcome and appreciate you. You are indeed a special member, and probably the only second generation BHPian (BHPian legacy, as said by @Thermodynamics) we have aboard.

A nice collection of cars you got, and you are in fact a man after my own heart with the choice of vehicles. Even I am also somebody who still believe that the golden era was 1990 to 2012 only, the cars having the proper raw power, feeling of connectivity, and a lot of involvement, now the electronics and luxury have encroached in the area of absolute driving involvement and pleasure - but manufacturers have to fulfill the demand of majority, which we aren't! Just see, where we have come from the era of Esteem, Baleno, Cedia, Gen 3 City, and Yeti.

The SS80 looks awesome but what's the rectangular patch on the left fender behind the blinker? And it's the Fiat whose dormant thread is also now awaiting you to take it ahead.

Last edited by VKumar : 8th June 2021 at 19:39.
VKumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 19:58   #17

Hey there, VKumar! I’m really glad too see such an enthusiastic reply and a warm, I’m sure would “biryani” be the perfect bait to click on to, hehe!

I’m here to re-live what my dad had, a fun society with gentlemen with mind alike. I am not any special, just another ordinary guy passing his day through life and enjoying every bit of T-BHP. Really fascinated to see the amount of compliments. I’m thoroughly satisfied to see the replies here that I’ve not expected at all. It sure does make me feel special

My car collection is a small yet an ambitious one. These cars each have a story connecting to my heart. From the restoration of the Fiat to owning a beautiful ss80 which happened to survive plenty things alongside me.It is great to see that you’re also a part of 2010 gang, haha, I personally think cars are meant purely for performance while they serve the purpose of point A to point B. True that, cars nowadays are purely about electricals, they serve purpose to luxury and not safety aswell. Agreed, Esteem, Baleno, City VTEC 2002, these are cars to not forget about, they were raw in terms of performance. Personally have driven the VTEC, what a lovely car to start with!

Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

@VKumar: That patch is the glue residue from an old “speedway motorsports” sticker, that glue residue is to hard onto the paint that if I apply WD-40, I see that paint speckles coming off, hence why I had left the patch be like that, the sticker was earlier on applied by my brother when he drove the car around, eventually due to sun fading the sticker, it turned pure white due to the ink dissipating.

The Fiat is something I’m really lacking/confused about. I’m having parking issues and aswell as finding appropriate parts and budget for the RTO (a huge burden because papers are 2012 expired) the Fiat thread for sure will happen as it’s been a goal for me for quite sometime now.

Apart from this, I have a certain set of 2 stroke 2 wheelers that I have to lay my hands on aswell.

These are the vehicles-
Rajdoot Bobby
Vespa VBB150
Vespa PL170
And an RX135

Last edited by aah78 : 8th June 2021 at 23:02. Reason: Posts merged. Typos fixed.
sharan181 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 15:15   #18
BHPian

Welcome to the forum Sharan. My late father and I had met your father at one of the car meets back in June 2011. Mr. Suren was a very down to earth person. Even though it was our first interaction with him, it felt as if we had known each other for a long time. Found this pic of Mr. Suren and my father that I had taken at the meet.

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-pic1.jpg
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 19:27   #19

@Scarlet_Rider: Hey Scarlet_Rider! Thank you for the warm welcome. It is such a pleasure to see that you had met my father, therefore it is lovely to see this picture with your father aswell. Please stay in touch, good to see your 118ne and looks really mint. Did you take part in it during the Fiat Club meets?
sharan181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 13:12   #20
BHPian

Hey Sharan, welcome to the TBHP.

It is not everyday you meet a second gen Tbpian. Have fun and drive safe.

That 1985 Maruti is looking dope.
Old 10th June 2021, 15:05   #21
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan181 View Post
Here are few pictures of my ss80 for a glimpse, this is the car that got me and plenty others into driving I believe -
Welcome to the forum bro. The car looks BEAUTIFUL. Came for the biryani in the title, stayed for the car Haha
Old 11th June 2021, 10:24   #22

@poised2drive: Hey there! Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! Haha, true, I’ve never notice TeamBHPian second gen asmuch aswell. Thanks a lot for the compliment reg the ss80. Drive safe brother!

@AZT: Hey There! Thanks a lot for compliments on the ss80, the car is not my satisfactory in terms of “looks”, I want to restore her someday, and I promise to post a thread upon that aswell. Hopefully then you’ll stay for the car aswell haha!
Old 12th June 2021, 18:40   #23
BHPian

Hi there Sharan, your ride looks absolutely stunning, especially in that shade! I remember my family couldn't afford this particular iteration of the car back in the day and soon thereafter the 800 become an aspirational product for us. We finally welcomed our 800 in moonbeam silver colour in the late 90s/early 2000s. Looking at your ride certainly brought back some nostalgic memories.

On another more important note, a warm welcome to the family (because that is truly what this forum is)! I believe that in order for anything to become 'quality' in life, it needs to stand the test of time, and the fact that we're welcoming a second generation BHPian today speaks loads for this forum.

Looking forward to your adventures and future threads!

Last edited by AKSarkar1 : 12th June 2021 at 18:42.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 19:20   #24
BHPian

Hey Sharan, welcome to TeamBHP, the SS80 is indeed an icon. Your brother and I are friends.
sarfraz1997 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 19:32   #25
BHPian

A well-written intro from your side!

Anyway, welcome to Team-BHP Sharan and your SS80 looks lovely! I still remember we had a 1987 Maruti 800 in biscuit colour (the one after your version), which was bought pre-owned during my birth in 1998, and had fond memories until we sold it off in 2011 due to some reasons!

Regards,
Abhinav

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 12th June 2021 at 19:33.
car_guy1998 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 22:51   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSarkar1 View Post
Hi there Sharan, your ride looks absolutely stunning, especially in that shade! I remember my family couldn't afford this particular iteration of the car back in the day and soon thereafter the 800 become an aspirational product for us. We finally welcomed our 800 in moonbeam silver colour in the late 90s/early 2000s. Looking at your ride certainly brought back some nostalgic memories.
Hey there AKSarkar1, it an honour to bring back your nostalgic memories with the ride. I’m sure this car at that point of time was also known as the “rich man’s car”. Did you learn your driving in it aswell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfraz1997 View Post
Hey Sharan, welcome to TeamBHP, the SS80 is indeed an icon. Your brother and I are friends.
Hey there sarfraz1997, good to see you here bro! I do know you as my brother has mentioned you during conversations. Thanks for the warm welcome! Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
A well-written intro from your side!

Anyway, welcome to Team-BHP Sharan and your SS80 looks lovely! I still remember we had a 1987 Maruti 800 in biscuit colour (the one after your version), which was bought pre-owned during my birth in 1998, and had fond memories until we sold it off in 2011 due to some reasons!

Regards,
Abhinav
Heyyy Abhinav! Thanks a lot for the compliments man! Would’ve been amazing if you still had it. I’m sure you learnt your driving in it aswell? Hoping for pictures of it aswell, would be great to see if any.
Cheers
sharan181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 17:09   #27
BHPian

Welcome to the forum. While i am not based at Hyderabad, I do drive in and out for work and i do know a bit of old cat garages there, as i have a few that needs those myself.

Pleasure to meet you. You are indeed a breath of fresh air to this forum. Most of the new generation questions/complaining I've seen off late here were related to size of touch screen, lack of panoramic sunroof etc. Great to see someone who has deep love and understanding of the core of automobile.
Old 13th June 2021, 23:29   #28
BHPian

Hi Sharan, welcome!
Thank you for sharing photos of your Maruti 800. It brought back so many memories of my mum's. Her first car was a chocolate brown Maruti 800 that she had from round about the same time. I remember her once finding some letter from Maruti post booking the car that was signed by Sanjay Gandhi (I'm guessing it was him, can't remember for sure). Anyway, some of my earliest memories of cars is seeing her drive that everywhere. Was a sad day when we let it go, mum was truly a bit heartbroken. It's so pleasing to see yours lovingly looked after still!
Old 14th June 2021, 06:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hello Sharan, and welcome aboard! I'm quite jealous of that SS80 you have, it's iconic and yours appears to be in good nick.

Your father was a rock star - I have very fond memories of hanging out with him and the gang during the Deccan Drag events, when I would come from Bangalore. I've certainly met your brother and might have met you as well - I had the yellow Skoda vRS that you might remember.
Old 14th June 2021, 18:20   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Welcome to the forum. While i am not based at Hyderabad, I do drive in and out for work and i do know a bit of old cat garages there, as i have a few that needs those myself.

Pleasure to meet you. You are indeed a breath of fresh air to this forum. Most of the new generation questions/complaining I've seen off late here were related to size of touch screen, lack of panoramic sunroof etc. Great to see someone who has deep love and understanding of the core of automobile.
Thank you for the welcome, WhiteKnight! Next you come over to Hyderabad do ping me, I’m up for some garage action. Feel free if you need help in and around Hyderabad. It’s a pleasure to meet you here aswell, I agree upon my generation being quite ranty about technology, trust me, I’m not one of those rant about technology or rather a keyboard warrior per se. I’m here to purely make a purpose out of automobiles, only connection I have till date. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads11 View Post
Hi Sharan, welcome!
Thank you for sharing photos of your Maruti 800. It brought back so many memories of my mum's. Her first car was a chocolate brown Maruti 800 that she had from round about the same time. I remember her once finding some letter from Maruti post booking the car that was signed by Sanjay Gandhi (I'm guessing it was him, can't remember for sure). Anyway, some of my earliest memories of cars is seeing her drive that everywhere. Was a sad day when we let it go, mum was truly a bit heartbroken. It's so pleasing to see yours lovingly looked after still!
Hey there, ads11! Firstly, I’m really glad to have helped you relive the pure memories of a New Zealand brown ss80. Memories with cars are something you can’t let go forever. Any idea about the whereabouts of your ss80? If at all the reg number? Are you from Hyderabad? If so, I don’t mind searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Hello Sharan, and welcome aboard! I'm quite jealous of that SS80 you have, it's iconic and yours appears to be in good nick.

Your father was a rock star - I have very fond memories of hanging out with him and the gang during the Deccan Drag events, when I would come from Bangalore. I've certainly met your brother and might have met you as well - I had the yellow Skoda vRS that you might remember.
Hello v1p3r, thanks a lot!
I do remember your skoda vrs, it used to compete in the races aswell. I’m sure I must’ve met you during my younger years. Great to see your message, would love to catch up someday and discuss more. Drag racing days were the best, I really wish to see your vrs rolling again.
sharan181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks