Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 18:55   #31
BHPian

Re: A newbie from the city of “biryani”

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan181 View Post
Hey there, ads11! Firstly, I’m really glad to have helped you relive the pure memories of a New Zealand brown ss80. Memories with cars are something you can’t let go forever. Any idea about the whereabouts of your ss80? If at all the reg number? Are you from Hyderabad? If so, I don’t mind searching.
Hi Sharan,
Thank you indeed, I've bookmarked the thread to show my mum when I next get to go home to visit her. I'm afraid when my parents moved abroad, the lack of use of her car for a few years till we returned is what did it in. I distinctly remember my parents always stating how delightful they found it to drive before they left India and how in the years they'd been away, it had naturally fallen a bit into disrepair. All that being said, it was given some mild upgrades, principally fitting an AC (I really struggled with the heat when we moved back to India) and then eventually from what I recall it was sold to a buyer in Bihar. Our chauffeur at the time essentially was super keen to get hold of the car and I guess dad had grown impatient of the time it spent in the garage. Tearfully then mum agreed to let it go, though with the promise of an upgrade for her in the form of an Ikon. I don't have much hope of ever seeing the little thing again though I have vivid memories of most of it, including the faded near orange fabric seats, the long spindly gear lever, the big dials on the side of the instrument binnacle. I'll try and ask my mum to see if she has a photo to hand so I can share. Hope that helps!
ads11 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 19:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Heyyy Abhinav! Thanks a lot for the compliments man! Would’ve been amazing if you still had it. I’m sure you learnt your driving in it aswell? Hoping for pictures of it aswell, would be great to see if any.
Cheers
Yeah! But, I don't have the pics of the 800 we had and btw, I had learnt to drive on our Innova and Honda City in order to get accustomed to driving other cars, which are smaller than the Innova!

And, we, including our relatives and cousins used to call that Maruti 800 as "55" as they used to recognise our 800 easily by saying the vehicle number

And, we had a 1998 Maruti 800 in Phoenix Red colour as well, which was used by my maternal uncle! When he left the country in 2007, the car was driven by my grandfather, who later gave up on driving due to age and in 2011, we bought that vehicle and used it until we sold it off in the year 2013 due to parking issues at our previous society!
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 20:32   #33
BHPian

Hey Sharan! Welcome to the Team-BHP family. A pleasure to have you on board. I have to say you have a brilliant garage right there. I believe I have seen your SS80 on one of my WhatsApp groups.
We have an SB308 ( 1986 ) finished in Emerald Green shade.
I hope to meet you when I come down to Hyderabad sometime.

Tejus Narayan
Attached Thumbnails
A newbie from the city of “biryani”-img_20201220_105214022.jpeg  

Octy17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 20:23   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads11 View Post
Thank you indeed, I've bookmarked the thread to show my mum when I next get to go home to visit her.
Hey ads11! Good to know that, the car is a brilliant piece of art, I would one day love to upgrade my SS80 for convenience aswell. I reckon, everything about that car feels nostalgic from the seat position to the raw drive feel. Overall, an Ikon is a great upgrade, would love to see snaps of it. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
And, we, including our relatives and cousins used to call that Maruti 800 as "55" as they used to recognise our 800 easily by saying the vehicle number!
Hey car_guy1998! I see that you learnt to drive around with the “big boy” car, the Innova, I’m sure that car is where you surely learn about body-roll and “air-y” suspension that goes all over the place, haha!

Maruti 800 with unique numbers are a sight to look at! My SS80 as well was known for its number “7000” and people still do call her the “7000” and you might me talking bout her and mentioning her as “7000”.
To be honest, I understand your parking issue, but wouldn’t sell of a car because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy17 View Post
Hey Sharan! Welcome to the Team-BHP family. A pleasure to have you on board.
Hey Octy17, thanks a lot for the warm welcome. It is a pleasure to be here. I have a small and ambitious garage I would say. Are we common in the group? Do feel free to text me.

Lovely to see a that Emerald Green SB308, the paint still shines like it’s come out of the factory.
Finding that paint sb308 is a rare thing nowadays, don’t let loose of her.

Please do be in touch, and let me know when you’re around here, it would be great to catch up a fellow tbhpian.

Note from Support: Quotes trimmed, typos fixed.
sharan181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 13:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Octy17, thanks a lot for the warm welcome. It is a pleasure to be here. I have a small and ambitious garage I would say. Are we common in the group? Do feel free to text me.

Lovely to see a that Emerald Green SB308, the paint still shines like it’s come out of the factory.
Finding that paint sb308 is a rare thing nowadays, don’t let loose of her.

Please do be in touch, and let me know when you’re around here, it would be great to catch up a fellow tbhpian.
Start young and never stop. Godspeed to you sharan.
I guess we are part of a common group. Would you happen to be a part of a Facebook group called CME ( Classic Maruti Enthusiasts )? I remember seeing the photos there as well.

Emerald Green shade is becoming rarer nowadays. I have seen 3-4 cars till date plying the roads nowadays.

Tejus Narayan

Last edited by Octy17 : 16th June 2021 at 13:34.
Octy17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 19:04   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octy17 View Post
Would you happen to be a part of a Facebook group called CME ( Classic Maruti Enthusiasts )? I remember seeing the photos there as well.
Thanks a lot, Octy17! Godspeed to you too!
Oh yes, I’ve been a part of CME for long enough now, I did document my ups and downs with my ss80 over there. I did upload these pictures there.

True, emerald green shade is rare now. I’ve seen hardly any emerald green sb308s. I have seen a emerald green omni/van aswell.

Here are few pictures
Attached Thumbnails
A newbie from the city of “biryani”-6ce4a44c287846ab827898a07343ac86.jpeg  

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-1c80f35458e144c985923c1a5a2c0da0.jpeg  

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-0030aaa48dd84511944911cce48574d9.jpeg  

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-1a0f38febf4946709d96bffdd051bfb0.jpeg  

sharan181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 09:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Please stay in touch, good to see your 118ne and looks really mint. Did you take part in it during the Fiat Club meets?
Thanks for your message. I don't have the 118 NE now. It is now in the safe hands of another car enthusiast. Yes, we had taken the NE and the Viceroy to a few car meets. Had met your father in these meets.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 22:08   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
I don't have the 118 NE now. It is now in the safe hands of another car enthusiast. Yes, we had taken the NE and the Viceroy to a few car meets. Had met your father in these meets.
Good to hear your car is with another enthusiast. What about the viceroy? Would love see it someday if you’re around Hyderabad. Good to hear that you took both of them. I’ve never seen a viceroy till date.
sharan181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 10:53   #39
BHPian

Quote:
I’ve never seen a viceroy till date.
Viceroy was also sold long back. You can check it out on (Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE) this thread from page 3 onwards.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks