Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 02:26   #1

A newbie from the city of “biryani”

Firstly, would like to thank the moderators for letting me into this lovely world of people sharing knowledge about what I love the most; Automobiles!

Hey there! I’m Sharan(19 years old, at the time of writing this) from Hyderabad. I’ve been an enthusiast of anything with engines and wheels and a keen seeker for knowledge about vehicles. My preference for vehicles are pre-2010s, why? you might ask, simply because- drive feel. I enjoy each and every minute of driving, may it not have a power steering aswell.

My current driver is a 1985 Maruti 800 also known as the ss80 with regard of the chassis number. And also my dads 2008 Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX Diesel. And the queen of my garage, a 1957 Fiat 1100 Elegant, currently hibernating.

How do I know about TeamBHP?
Throughout my childhood, I’ve been a part of few of the TeamBHP drives in Hyderabad as a passenger of my late father who was also a TeamBHPian.

Here are few pictures of my ss80 for a glimpse, this is the car that got me and plenty others into driving I believe -

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-027c9aac84ae44bb85b87dd46b95f3a7.jpeg

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-0afcb908e0f14a9fb1deb490a38fdb7f.jpeg

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-2653b17d19e748df84e7088ca7064444.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 9th June 2021 at 17:55. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
sharan181 is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 05:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: A newbie from the city of “biryani”

Hello Sharan! I am overjoyed and nostalgic that you have joined the forum. Hope you have a great stay here. I had met Suren and you in 2007 in Hyderabad and had mistakenly heard your name to be Karan instead of Sharan. There must be a thread somewhere on the forum. Suren was a wonderful person, so lively, cheerful and full of humour. His untimely demise was a big loss to the forum and a rude shock to us. I have a picture of a few of us from that meet. Hope to meet you once again sometime in future!

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-hyderabad_meet_2007.jpeg
BlackPearl is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 07:33   #3
BHPian

Welcome to Team BHP! At 19 years you are almost as old as the forum itself

I must admit I was drawn to this thread by the word 'Biryani' like bees are drawn to honey. Interesting colour on your Maruti 800. Did it come from the factory in that colour or was it repainted?
Malyaj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 07:53   #4
BHPian

Welcome aboard, Sharan! You have a wonderful car and those pictures are amazing. Wishing you a fun time here on the forum.

Sayantan.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 08:07   #5

@BlackPearl Hello there, BlackPearl! I’m sure you had a wonderful time with my dad like how me and my family did. He was a very lively, yet witty at the same time. I have been following TeamBHP even after his demise and have recollected who you are and I remember meeting you in 2007, times were great. Also my elder brother’s name is Karan. So I’m sure you were confused because of the uncanny resemblance in the names.

@Malyaj: Hey there, Malyaj! Yes I sure am as old as the forum itself hehe!
Good to see a fan of biryani, I am in the search for the authentic Hyderabadi Biryani taste though. Thank you for the compliments on the car. And yes, it is an original paint scheme released by Maruti Suzuki back in 1985. My car is still lasting the original paint till day even after 37 years of rough usage by previous owners.

@boniver: Hey there, Sayantan! I believe we’re known to each other since before. Thanks a lot for the warm welcome and the lovely compliments about my car. Hoping to get to know more about the forum and the people around here aswell!

Hey there, Varun_HexaGuy! Hehe, I’m shocked aswell.
Yes, your drive in the ss80 is long due, right after things fall into place, we shall plan out a meet-up for sure. Ss80 Ownership Review incoming soon! And also, the resurrection thread of the 1100 will sure be done like the man himself. Coming soon!

Last edited by Aditya : 8th June 2021 at 19:51. Reason: 2 smileys per post; typo
sharan181 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 08:10   #6
BHPian

Welcome aboard, Sharan! Glad you made it in one go

And yes, my drive in the SS80 is long due now. Also waiting for things getting back to normal so we can catch up in the college. Enjoy your stay on the forum and expecting an ownership review of your SS80 and hopefully a resurrection thread of the 1100 once it's up and running (there's one on the forum by the man himself; would be great if you also come up with one).
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 08:25   #7
BHPian

Welcome Sharan. Forum is getting younger and younger every passing day and you are a special entry with a BHPian legacy. I wish you a great time here.

Please share pictures of 1957 fiat.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 09:20   #8

Hello Thermodynamics. Thank you for the warm welcome! The forum is indeed young at heart! And ooh! The BHPian legacy, it is indeed an honour to be here. Thank you a lot.
I will post the pictures of the Fiat elegant of how it was before. She is resting in the corner of the garage now.

Please note- these lovely pictures were retrieved from TeamBHP posts. There are threads related to my car in my dads profile, basically a restoration thread aswell.
It is titled as “ 1957 Fiat Elegant - Restoration advice and help needed”
Attached Thumbnails
A newbie from the city of “biryani”-f0d1e07b0ac54bef9e62d8adf8b536a0.jpeg  

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-404807d810674ac5a0b8b3218b545470.jpeg  

A newbie from the city of “biryani”-bf8af86b1f504aa4acf6aea96efe2721.jpeg  

sharan181 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 11:30   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome aboard Sharan, more than anything the catch word "Biryani' took me to this thread.
You have got a nice set of cars, ss80 & 1100 elegant, keep rocking.

Cheers
Mr.Boss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 11:36   #10
BHPian

Welcome, Sharan.You have a lovely collection of automobiles there. I'm also a newbie here.
In terms of pre-2010 autos, I completely agree with you.
It provides me great satisfaction to see someone like you, who is roughly my age and drives the identical Fiat Elegant. The car in the photo belongs to a close family friend of ours. Because she was completely restored from the ground up, I pretty much know the whole process. You are welcome to ask me any questions you may have and I will be happy to help. Cheers!
A newbie from the city of “biryani”-fiat-bhp.jpg

Last edited by vb-saan : 8th June 2021 at 11:41. Reason: Photo alignment
Fateh Salim is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 13:09   #11
BHPian

Welcome aboard, Sharan!

Your cars are absolutely droolworthy, and an SS80 in New Zealand Brown is my constant crush!

Hope to read more about it soon.

Cheers,
Arnav612
Arnav612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 13:13   #12

@Mr.Boss: Hello Mr.Boss! Good to see another “biryani” fanatic. I’m sure you must’ve thought about Hyderabad firstly hehe! You’ve got a great line up aswell. Personally we share one vehicle which is same: The Rx135, pure 2 stroke legends of the era. Wow, what a move they made in the bikers community aswell. Looking forward to see a detailed display of your 2 stroke, especially an authentic RXG. Cheers!

@Fateh Salim: Thank you for the Warm Welcome, Mr.Salim! Good to see a fellow newbie here. I’m sure cars pre-2010 are something to live for. They’re more about drive feel rather than mileage oriented only. Performance and handling are words I’m looking for. Love to see your friends elegant, amazingly done up! I would definitely like to connect regarding this indeed. Please let me know about the details and A-Z work done here since it’s a ground up restoration. Thank you
sharan181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 17:01   #13

Arnav612: Hey there Arnav! Thanks alot man! Your cars are absolutely drool worthy too, seeing someone roughly my age owning and maintaining a Mercedes is something rare nowadays. Looking forward to an ownership review of both of your cars. Cheers mate!
sharan181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 17:10   #14
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum. I have very fond memories of your dad. He was an awesome guy and a true gentleman.

Looking forward to a lot more posts from you.
The SS80 looks awesome.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 18:49   #15

@bblost: Hi there, bblost! Thank you adding me into this lovely place, looking forward to make fond memories. Are you from Hyderabad? Good to hear that you have memories with my dad, some day would like to discuss about it. Surely, will try to as active as I can on the forum.
The ss80 is where it all started for me, I learnt mostly on the ss80, the zinc and zeal behind the car is what makes me happy. Stay in touch! Also, I remember your iconic ‘avatar’ or ‘profile picture’ from one of my dads threads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks