Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:03   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Isn't it natural, on our city streets ? The point of intrest will be at e-zone, and esp how soon .. .
Its not so easy actually, the only point I was trying to make is she CAN ride like any of us here would drive our cars. Yup, there is a meet happening at Grips in a shortwhile from now. Lets see if today is the day..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd November 2008 at 15:04.
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:05   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly, there's an intro that you can be really proud of girl. Welcome to Team-BHP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren0111 View Post
Btw, the real reason I am here is him and theOne (my inspiration) and cant wait to meet them in person.
If we are the real reason you are here, then we must have done something good, lol. Thank you for that honour and I hope to see you - both on and off the forum.
Old 2nd November 2008, 15:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

nice to know a lady has shown interests in automobiles and ready to take on guys head on.

my wife has learnt a lot about automobiles living with me for past 3 years and she is one of my friend now, when it comes to automobiles, rather than a wife/lady!
Old 2nd November 2008, 17:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Welcome abroad MCL (lady). Enjoy your stay here [with MCL (man)].

Oops we have 2 MCLs now...can't address only MCL (to Rahul) now in the threads. Have to be more specific.
Old 3rd November 2008, 02:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post

When you have a girl friend who gifts you a performance clutch kit for your car as your birthday present, what more can you ask for? I am indeed lucky! Good to see you here sweetheart. Welcome aboard once again.
Oh, you didn't get that , did you? The so called 'performance' clutch was given to you so that you cannot escape from Ms. Mclaren's 'clutches'.

Welcome to t-BHP, Ms.Mclaren !
Old 3rd November 2008, 03:08   #36
BHPian

Welcome

I don't know how I missed this, for that I am sorry! Welcome to this mad mad world and something tells me you will slot right in. What a fantastic intro. That you have a wonderfully narrative style is apparent and it will indeed be a pleasure to read your posts.

As for the mclaren, methinks he is going to have to keep a close eye on what he says hereon

Looking forward to meeting you. 1885, will 0111 be accompanying you this weekend?
Old 3rd November 2008, 05:59   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar
1885, will 0111 be accompanying you this weekend?
Not for the nightout, but I think she should be able to come for the breakfast drive.
Old 3rd November 2008, 08:39   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Honestly, there's an intro that you can be really proud of girl. Welcome to Team-BHP.
If we are the real reason you are here, then we must have done something good, lol. Thank you for that honour and I hope to see you - both on and off the forum.
Thanks Sameerji . In this world full of serious auto maniacs (mean it in a good way), your threads are laugh riots and the oh so very romantic escapades with Jenny are just a pleasure to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
my wife has learnt a lot about automobiles living with me for past 3 years and she is one of my friend now, when it comes to automobiles, rather than a wife/lady!
Hhhmm, thats just the way I started off too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Oops we have 2 MCLs now...can't address only MCL (to Rahul) now in the threads. Have to be more specific.
Oh! I didnt think of it while choosing this ID..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Oh, you didn't get that , did you? The so called 'performance' clutch was given to you so that you cannot escape from Ms. Mclaren's 'clutches'.

Welcome to t-BHP, Ms.Mclaren !
ROTFLMAO. Thanks for the welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
As for the mclaren, methinks he is going to have to keep a close eye on what he says hereon
I shall be watching his every move. Karthik, if he does something naughty at the meets now you know whom to inform .
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:23   #39
BHPian

Well, let me add my bit to your warm welcome out here. Very interesting introduction and here's to a great time at team-bhp.
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:53   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome mclaren0111. That's a nice intro and thanks for letting us know that 'Motey' is the nickname for McLaren. I think it's about time you post that picture you took of McLaren during the at 'Lukeskywalker's' farm house. That will be icing on the cake :-) (sorry mclaren buddy -- I know you will kill me :-))

BTW, my wifey enjoyed meeting you and other ladies at the meet in Lukeskywalker's farm and driving all the ladies around in the Gypsy.

Me thinks that courtesy the 'family meets' we have more participation happening from our better halves/gf's in the T-BHp community. I for sure see this trend here in Bangalore.

Cheers,
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:54   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hey, welcome to tbhp.
I chanced upon the "restore mclaren's Baleno thread" and my curiousity to know the person planning the resurrection of that car brought me here.

It sure is commendable that you took upon yourself the task of bringing that fine car back to shape. Best of Luck and hope to see the Baleno back on the road soon.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hi MCL2(not finding your name around so ...)
welcome to the team-bhp officially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
When you have a girl friend who gifts you a performance clutch kit for your car as your birthday present, what more can you ask for? I am indeed lucky! Good to see you here sweetheart. Welcome aboard once again.
Yes. I remember reading that some time back(was it in 2007??). Back then I thought wow this chap is really lucky rather lucky x 2. Getting a performance clutch kit as a gift and that too from your girl.

YES. What more a team-bhpian can ask for?? (pray for me MCL and MCL2, I too get that lucky)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
the second MCL, MCL2 !! (I hope both of you guys dont report this to mods ;-)
Old 4th November 2008, 13:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Sam : Probably the most popular guy on this planet BHP? Met him once at an auto show. . . I'd love to be in his shoes someday.
No questions about his popularity there! He is!

Quote:
Sam : . . . I'd love to be in his shoes someday.
That's an audacious statement! I love your confidence! And I think you have that in you, I see the hints. Keep it up and have fun.

BTW, Welcome to the team-BHP.
Old 4th November 2008, 14:17   #44
BHPian

Brilliant introduction there mclaren0111. Welcome aboard to TBHP. I am sure all your knowledge about motors, headers, power to weight et al. will reach the next level pretty soon.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:17   #45
BHPian

Quote:
And then I met more of them aliens (looks like they have swarmed the earth). At first, they all seemed insane, they used to speak an alien language. It had English words like headers, porting, bhp but made as much sense to me as a baby's squabble. Maybe I could have comprehended the baby better actually.

Two & a half years down the line, I guess I have come a long way. Words like turbo, weight transfer, power to weight ratio, oversteer etc don't seem to be meaningless formation of letters anymore. I had to learn this alien language, I had to. Not by choice, but to understand what these aliens kept murmuring all the time.
Welcome McLaren0111 - The part quoted above is something my wife has undergone with respect to First-person shooter computer games such as UT and Quake. Today she has more than a 100,000 frags to her name and can bruise many a male ego. WRT cars - she's getting there
Welcome again!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks