Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 19:17   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love

Uploading some new snaps which i clicked enroute my recent visit to Murudeshwar and Gokarna
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-dscn0843.jpg  

Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-dscn0844.jpg  

Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-dscn0970.jpg  

Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-dscn1007.jpg  

Ford Figo TDCi Titanium Nine months and 70,000 Kms of falling in Love-dscn1011.jpg  

Old 9th June 2011, 11:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
Was thinking of installing a door visor in Figo.
1) Any advices?
2) Any idea about how much would be a decent enough price?
3) Visited a shop yesterday here at Cochin and they said that its not yet available for Figo. I'm sure that was a lame excuse for non availability with them. Any suggested shops in Cochin?
Old 9th June 2011, 13:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Hey guys,
1) Any advices?
3) Visited a shop yesterday here at Cochin and they said that its not yet available for Figo. I'm sure that was a lame excuse for non availability with them. Any suggested shops in Cochin?
Dhanush, which shop did you try in Cochin?

Try Emperor/Galaxy. There is also a shop next to GM showroom near Vytilla-Palarivattom bye-pass. I don't remember the name.

- Jose.
Old 9th June 2011, 15:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
1) Any advices?
@dhanush..
Saw a couple of them at kairali ford service. The worst part is since the seating is a little low, people tend to hold the door when they sit and breaks the visor in the process.
I see many like that running on the roads with half broken visors;
I guess people are not replacing them as they are available as a set of four and are waiting for the other to break as well or suddenly found that it i not worth it.. i do not know.

Anyways personally I feel door visors do not look good on Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Dhanush, which shop did you try in Cochin?

Try Emperor/Galaxy. There is also a shop next to GM showroom near Vytilla-Palarivattom bye-pass. I don't remember the name.
- Jose.
You must be referring to CarX or TyreX. the one opposite to Porsche showroom.
I got red LED lights in the front footwells and got a single piece wipers from there.
Old 9th June 2011, 15:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
You must be referring to CarX or TyreX. the one opposite to Porsche showroom.
The shop name is Auto Mate. Try AM Car Decors next to Gold Soulk Vytilla as well.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 9th June 2011, 21:42   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@dhanush..
Saw a couple of them at kairali ford service....
will check up with kairali ford. I anyway have to visit them for my broken mud flaps.

Quote:
The shop name is Auto Mate. Try AM Car Decors next to Gold Soulk Vytilla as well...
Thanks mate.
Whilst still on the topic, any idea as to how much should i expect the cost to be?

And whilst drifting a bit to a parallel topic, any update regarding the semi flexible mudguard ford was promising to replace on figo?
The current plastic mud guard will not stand the test of the ferocity of south west monsoons
Old 9th June 2011, 22:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
will check up with kairali ford. I anyway have to visit them for my broken mud flaps.

Thanks mate.
Whilst still on the topic, any idea as to how much should i expect the cost to be?

And whilst drifting a bit to a parallel topic, any update regarding the semi flexible mudguard ford was promising to replace on figo?
The current plastic mud guard will not stand the test of the ferocity of south west monsoons
My mud flaps broke at a suitable point so I sawed it to look good.
I have not changed the mud flaps after that. I am talking only about the front ones here. the rear ones are still intact and they have no problems.
I would suggest this time you buy them saw them off at a suitable point (better still if someone has a water cutting tool that gives smooth edges)

Are there any flexi mudflaps coming ?? Dealer is not aware at least as of now.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:39   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The dealer at Goa mentioned to me once that ford is considering flexi mud flaps view the high number of instances of breakage of plastic ones. However, the SA at Cochin were unaware of it. Any fellow BHPian if they can shed some light unto it
Old 10th June 2011, 20:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
The shop name is Auto Mate. Try AM Car Decors next to Gold Soulk Vytilla as well.

Thanks,
Jose.
I visited this shop today. They have door visors for Figo. Brand is P8(?) costing ~1300.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 12th June 2011, 11:08   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the door visors fitted yesterday from a shop near Edappally. It falls on the road from Edappally to Kaloor (on the left side, before Palarivattom Y fork). Got it for Rs 850.

Got the tyres filled with Nitrogen too. Again I failed to notice the name of the shop. Its quite a prominent one in the by pass, between Vyttila and Le Meridian. Right Opposite the Dollar Store. Though the SA said its Rs 50 per tyre, he gave all five tyres for Rs 200 + free topups every month.
The ride feels supple and smoother after filling Nitro.

Had a bad experience with the Kairali Ford A.S.S yesterday. I dropped in to get my broken mud flaps changed. Waited for over 20 minutes in the customer lounge and no one attended to me. I walked out since i was in a bit of hurry. They did not even tell me whether the mud flaps were available or not. Fitting it was something which would come later.
On the way out, i asked them whether i would've been treated the same way if i had come for installation of alloys and they were groping for words
Old 12th June 2011, 15:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Got the door visors fitted yesterday from a shop near Edappally. It falls on the road from Edappally to Kaloor (on the left side, before Palarivattom Y fork). Got it for Rs 850.
Are they looking good? Is it of use if I do not drive with my windows down ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon
Got the tyres filled with Nitrogen too. Again I failed to notice the name of the shop. Its quite a prominent one in the by pass, between Vyttila and Le Meridian. Right Opposite the Dollar Store. Though the SA said its Rs 50 per tyre, he gave all five tyres for Rs 200 + free topups every month.
The ride feels supple and smoother after filling Nitro.
I think it is time for mine to go on nitro(gen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon
Had a bad experience with the Kairali Ford A.S.S yesterday. I dropped in to get my broken mud flaps changed. Waited for over 20 minutes in the customer lounge and no one attended to me. I walked out since i was in a bit of hurry. They did not even tell me whether the mud flaps were available or not. Fitting it was something which would come later.
On the way out, i asked them whether i would've been treated the same way if i had come for installation of alloys and they were groping for words
Oh that was bad; Hey on that did you go to the service station on the Ernakulam bypass (at padivattom) or the one in vennala (which is not on the highway) where the service is good/better.
I get my figo serviced there. You should try that out if thats not the one you had gone to.
Old 22nd June 2011, 00:52   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are they looking good? Is it of use if I do not drive with my windows down ?

I think it is time for mine to go on nitro(gen).

Oh that was bad; Hey on that did you go to the service station on the Ernakulam bypass (at padivattom) or the one in vennala (which is not on the highway) where the service is good/better.
I get my figo serviced there. You should try that out if thats not the one you had gone to.
1) For me, The rain visors does look good. But again, its all perception. What i felt otherwise was that it gives a bit of a hoody effect. Like the 'hoody effect' which you feel when you wear a cap. You always feel that hood through the corner of your eye. So, in case you are a person who dislikes something in your peripheral vision, then don't go for it. The best way to decide is to go and have a seat on a figo which already has that installed

2) I feel that you should definitely go for nitrogen. I felt the ride turned much more smoother than before. Some small jitters/ bumps on the roads are not even felt inside the cabin. I hear that Ford scares people showing void in warranty saying "extra wear of associated parts" (read shock absorbers and the like), but I aint sure of it. Moreover, you are already over 20,000 kms and Ford is not gonna notice it anyway unless you go and tell them that you have nitrogen.

3) I had gone to the one which is on the by pass, near Palarivattom.

Latest update

1) Installed parking sensor. Shop name: Popular Automobiles, Vyttila.
Cost: Rs 3000/-
The display comes in the mirror, with voice guidance. Gives warning when reverse gear is engaged and any obstruction nears/ crosses the sensors lesser than 2m. Quite nice and neat installation work. On the flip side, it writes off your original anti glare RVM which is far far better. The dealer had another version with small digital display only. The display is the size of the digital clocks you see on an indica. He quoted Rs 1700/- for that.

I would suggest everyone who is considering installing parking sensors on Figos not to opt for the mirror version. The small digital display version would suffice. It is not worth spoiling the advantage of anti glare RVMs. Except for the addition of a display integrated RVM, the sensors of both the equipments were same, and the sensible one would be atleast Rs 1300 cheaper too.
I wouldnt've gone for the parking sensors if not for the precarious unique kind of parking space i have at home.

2) Upgraded to 100/130 W Philips headlamps. Cost- Rs 1130/- (Electrical Fitment kit Rs 690/-, Two bulbs Rs 220/- each)
Whitelight was also available at the same cost. I did consider it for a shorty tempting moment and then i was immediately shaken back to senses with the vision of a gnawing policeman with his chit book flashing his devlish grin brighter than the white light of my car. I did not think a second time
Old 22nd June 2011, 09:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Upgraded to 100/130 W Philips headlamps. Cost- Rs 1130/- (Electrical Fitment kit Rs 690/-, Two bulbs Rs 220/- each
Be prepared to fry your headlight domes.I dont think Figo will be able to cop up with the heat.
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Be prepared to fry your headlight domes.I dont think Figo will be able to cop up with the heat.
Well BullBoy, Figo has weak head lamps, this is accepted fact by all Figo Owners. 100/130 is going to cause lot of heat, I concur with you. It is necessary to Upgrade the bulbs, then which bulbs you suggest and why ?

Have you upgrade your Bulbs ? Which make and what is the outcome. Is it solving poor night visibility problem ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 08:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Have you upgrade your Bulbs ? Which make and what is the outcome
Well yes and downgraded. Same make Philips Rally. The heat melted my ikon's Dome. You can see the picture here .I'm sure that Figo will also have the same quality domes, hence i Warned.Best bet would be to go for auxiliary lighting. Now I'm in a fix as i'm unable use my car for long night drives.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-here-344.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks