Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 09:35   #16
BHPian

re: Fiat Punto MJD - 24000 km- Heaviness Issue-Resolved, Car Under Testing

could be bad fuel or choked injector. Ask VST guys to hook it on the examiner and check the error.
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
could be bad fuel or choked injector. Ask VST guys to hook it on the examiner and check the error.
Thanks and Have you ever heard about this issue? or did you feel it atleast once in your linea MJD?
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:15   #18
BHPian

What you've mentioned in your penunltimate post largely points toward clutch failure.

Write a clear & strongly worded mail to service@fiapl.com. They sure will make the ASC to resolve the issue with proper solution.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:40   #19
BHPian

Fiat Punto MJD - 15,000km Second Service Report

Time for the 2nd service Update: 15k Kms

1 year completed with my Italian Horse, though i had few niggles with the car my heart is fully satisfied, My total Bill Amount is Rs.5373
Niggles and solution provided so far...

@1100km I felt something tak tak sound on my clutch when they are depressed - Went to the VST - They changed the Clutch save cylinder

@ 4000km i felt that sometimes its very hard to drive, i will feel like i am driving a lorry, my engine gets that heavy as if i am carring another 1000KG inside - Went to VST - They changed the Clutch slave cylinder to Plastic is suppose(as a new Upgrade)

@ 9500km I Took My car to VST for the same above said issue, Told hem my car is behaving differently, for about 300 - 400km its as light as a Petrol Car, I could hardly feel the engine and its weight and the car use to Move like a rocket, The moment i release the clutch. But after 400 or 500kms To another 500km I feel like i am driving a lorry, everything feels so hard. - Went to VST - Bloody again they changed the Clutch Slave Cylinder ( as a New Upgrade, This time to Metal one)

Now i am at 13000km, Again I feel the same!!!! i feel like driving a Lorry or Everything seems to be Heavy(When i am driving alone itself), I feel The Heavy Engine, The engine grunt changes, Engine, Clutch, Accelarator feels Hard, I will have to Press the Pedal as if i am pressing for a lorry. Suddenly it will be very light and rocket.

Solution Provided(Solution still Under testing phase)

I had a detailed conversation with Mr. Guhan (Works Manager VST, Chennai) about the foresaid issue, I told him that i am a part of Teambhp also, he very well recogonised the Forum too.
Along with the Mr.Guhan and the Test driver, we had few test drives, Unfortunately no one felt the issue. I told them pretty clearly that unless someone has issue i dont think people will vist the service station often. Guhan was very courteous to understand the issue and escalated to the FIAT people. To my surpise there is NO response from them, i haven't got a single call from FIAT to know about problems. One fine day i told Mr. Guhan that I am fedup with the car, i really didnt wanted to buy a lorry for 7.5L

So far Provided Solution:

He asked me to leave the car for the clutch replacement, He said he will Replace the entire Clutch Kit(Which Include the clutch assembly, release bearning, pressure plates..etc) + Mounting Bush for the Steering Wheel.
Once the replacement is complete, i got a call from Mr. kirubhakaran to take the delivery of the car.

I tested it with single round, and found the clutch is Butter Soft and the Pulling of the car is greatly increased!!! But On Every gearshift i hear a Tak Sound, this happens when i "Engage Clutch, Put the gear and release Clutch + Push accelarator", Invariably, In all gear shifts i get this!!! But when i very very slowly "release Clutch + Push accelarator". i dont get this sound when i press clutch when the car is idle. the Road test driver also had the issue when he drove my car, but eventually gave the Response as "The response of the clutch is Very Quick, it will take sometime get settled so pls ask the customer to use the car for sometime". My doubt I never faced such problems with my earlier clutch and on my previous Zen!!!
i dont have the clutch tightness to that extend now (But i felt sometimes its little, taken on a sale from 1-10, taking Clutch smoothness on Day1 to be 10, I feel the Clutch Smoothness has reduced to 7 or 6)

"End result, The Car is Pulling Nicely, Steering is better. Engine has become Super silent on Idle. Still Sometimes i feel Something is wrong(Not able to say the foresaid problem vanished), Not sure if its my perception toward the car!!!"

Note: Mr.Guhan and Kirubakaran are the people who helped in changing the clutch, though they didn't feel what i felt(Most of the time they took the test drive when the issue was not there, as we dont know when the issue will occur), So Upon Real TRUST on the customer they changed it.

Have to highlight this line!!!
Couteous Works Manager: Mr. Guhan said, Sir pls drive for another 1000 km if you still have the same tak sound, we will again change the Clutch for you.

Guys, I am now planning a 5 days trip to Coorg in the December End, I hope my Car will do better in the Hills since its pulling better Now

Please share your thoughts...
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Punto MJD - 24000 km- Heaviness Issue-Resolved, Car Under Testing-2nd-service.jpg  

magnanimousdude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:27   #20
BHPian

With what you mentioned, I think the car is in proper shape now. Just to be sure, try driving someone else's Punto.

I would suggest don't get too paranoid with the car. Take it to Coorg and places you mentioned. But before that, take a confirmation from your SP that you will not face any clutch issue during the drive, since hill driving can require a lot of heavy clutch usage.
Old 24th November 2011, 11:58   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
With what you mentioned, I think the car is in proper shape now. Just to be sure, try driving someone else's Punto.

I would suggest don't get too paranoid with the car. Take it to Coorg and places you mentioned. But before that, take a confirmation from your SP that you will not face any clutch issue during the drive, since hill driving can require a lot of heavy clutch usage.
Yes i have already got the confirmation from the SP, They confirmed that there will not be any issues.. And i dont Find any Punto MJD in my radar, Neither my friends have too... :(
Old 30th November 2011, 12:36   #22
BHPian

Problem, Problem, Problem - Fiat Puno 1.3 MJD

well again i started having the problem like before

Pls close your eyes and feel the issue, you might understand...

Problem 1: I am a light footed driver and i would always like to obtain the extra bit of Mileage, whenever this problem happens I will no be able to drive light footed, i have to press the pedal hardly to make her move(engine Grunt changes), Clutch no longer feels spongy( just mean the Pressing the Clutch alone) after the new Clutch Assembly Change, However, the car pulls very good.

Problem 2: Newly Invented Problem in the recent Chennai Rain!!! Above the Steering Wheel, in the Windshield there is a LEAK and rain water drops :(

Problem 3: Due to the Bad Roads of chennai, Whenever i go over a 1 inch Potholes i feel like the wheel is getting losen and i get a NON-METALIC sound, This happens in front 2 wheels and rear right wheel!

I am really fed up of this car Now, the first 3 months i felt of not getting out of the car( i loved her like anything), slowly becasue of this problem i started feeling "I m gonna drive this car, Oh no not again"!.

1. i feel the throw in the engine is not free and i have to push the pedal heavily for her to move!!! Suddenly the car feels very light, suddenly i have to push the pedal a lot more than usual!!! (In recent Mileage test, i got only 8.8kmpl(bumper to Bumper traffic) becasue of More push of accelarator than usual, Normaly i get 13~15.

2. Only Improvement in the Last changes, becasue of the Mounting Bush Change, the steering feels good and nearly no vibration now!!!

NOW, i seriously dont want to take the Car out for a drive at all

But what to do car is my Primary vehicle and i dont have any other vehicle. I hve to take the car for office Today! "Oh no again i have to drive the car"

Guys, I am not paranoid with the car pls understand

I need to how can i escalate, though the VST is helping me a lot, i need bring this to TOP Fiat people Notice. So kindly post me the Fiat officials Mail ID and Phone Number so that i can Talk to them

My Car is not a guinea pig to replace the Parts without Identifying the issue!!!

The Clutch Replacement now is in Vain(The only advantage of it is the car now pulls well), i suspect some other problems

Mods and others, Pls pls pls Share your Knowledge in this issue
Old 1st December 2011, 11:20   #23
BHPian

Re: Problem, Problem, Problem - Fiat Puno 1.3 MJD

[quote=magnanimousdude;2594428]well again i started having the problem like before

Pls close your eyes and feel the issue, you might understand...

Problem 1: I am a light footed driver and i would always like to obtain the extra bit of Mileage, whenever this problem happens I will no be able to drive light footed, i have to press the pedal hardly to make her move(engine Grunt changes), Clutch no longer feels spongy( just mean the Pressing the Clutch alone) after the new Clutch Assembly Change, However, the car pulls very good.

Did you mean you have to press the accelerator pedal hard or hardly? I'm sure you know this but here's how the Punto should behave normally: Release clutch(engine 'grunt' will change here) and you're moving.

Problem 2: Newly Invented Problem in the recent Chennai Rain!!! Above the Steering Wheel, in the Windshield there is a LEAK and rain water drops :(
See if you can figure out where the water enters from. Is it a loose beading?

Problem 3: Due to the Bad Roads of chennai, Whenever i go over a 1 inch Potholes i feel like the wheel is getting losen and i get a NON-METALIC sound, This happens in front 2 wheels and rear right wheel!

Get your elastic pads/shocker mountings checked. Many puntos on the forum have had this problem.

Write an email to service@fiapl.com. Maybe you can ask FIAT's technical team to take a look at your car.
The punto is a great car, often let down by terrible A.S.S. I suggest you take a day off, visit Chennai's best service center(I have no idea about this) and get the car fixed under your supervision.
Take a test drive with them and highlight all the problems before they open your car up.

Best of luck
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 18:54   #24
BHPian

Well, VST People are now taking care of my car, but they say there is no big difference with the Power and All MJD will be sluggish, However i had asked for the complete test results. They are testing the Injectors,Turbos etc etc since yersterday. They are planing for a Highway test drive also...

Regarding the Windshield, they said it has to be cut and redo(cos i never gave them the chance of checking it, as i recorded the leakage in my Mobile and showed them)

Wheel shounds not sure what they gonna do!!!

But guys i really expected some response from Team BHPians, i was shocked to see only 2 response(one in PM). By gods grace no one should experience this issue, but was there No one to comment about what could be wrong???? Where the diesel heads gone?? No one noticed this thread?... Not even Mods did, well i am not sure what is the porpuse of me wasting all my time and posting my issues here!!! ( I thought many would give there comments on what COULD be the issue, or what to do). You let me down cos i posted this thread to the FIAT people in Mail. Wonder, if you people can't even comment on my issue what would the Fiat People DO with my Car??

Anyways Thanks TeamBHPians
Old 2nd December 2011, 20:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

let me try to help you - and mention some points below which you should ask the SA to check.

1. Ensure all the turbo hose pipes are tight and there is no leak. there is one peculiar pipe behind the turbo which gets loose sometimes.

2. Ask them to change the elastic pads on the suspensions. they will put the newly designed ones and cover it with plastic caps. earlier ones didnt have plastic caps and due to this they used to rust.

3. check the link rods. they just need to be tightened. if loose they make clinking noises

4. The leakage in windshield needs to be rectified by TASS

5. in earlier posts you mentioned engine is noisy in morning. yes MJD have diesel clatter until the oil heats up for hydraulic valve operation mechanism.

but the major problem in your car seems to be leak in boost due to which mileage is less and car acts funny.

its very easy to diagnosis. just hook the ecu scanner and the boost should read ~1050 mbar.

one punto had the same problem and this was easily solved.
Old 2nd December 2011, 21:02   #26
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto MJD - 15,000km Second Service Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
I tested it with single round, and found the clutch is Butter Soft and the Pulling of the car is greatly increased!!! But On Every gearshift i hear a Tak Sound, this happens when i "Engage Clutch, Put the gear and release Clutch + Push accelarator", Invariably, In all gear shifts i get this!!! But when i very very slowly "release Clutch + Push accelarator". i dont get this sound when i press clutch when the car is idle. the Road test driver also had the issue when he drove my car, but eventually gave the Response as "The response of the clutch is Very Quick, it will take sometime get settled so pls ask the customer to use the car for sometime". My doubt I never faced such problems with my earlier clutch and on my previous Zen!!!
i dont have the clutch tightness to that extend now (But i felt sometimes its little, taken on a sale from 1-10, taking Clutch smoothness on Day1 to be 10, I feel the Clutch Smoothness has reduced to 7 or 6)

"End result, The Car is Pulling Nicely, Steering is better. Engine has become Super silent on Idle. Still Sometimes i feel Something is wrong(Not able to say the foresaid problem vanished), Not sure if its my perception toward the car!!!"
Few things,
1. Just releasing the clutch (without pressing the accelerator) should move the car forward. Does this happen or does the car stall?
2. Though it is a matter of driving style and personal preference, it is advisable that one does not press the accelerator till the clutch is completely released during a gearshift. Except when half clutching when negotiating an incline.
3. Does this problem crop up more after releasing the handbrake?
4. One form of tak-tak sound at the time of start of movement indicates to some form of resistance to movement, could happen because of the brake not getting released properly or worn CV joints (unlikely in your case)

All of us face some kind of wierd issues at some point in time or other. At times it does take a couple of attempts to get it sorted out. So dont be parnoid, things will work out.
Old 2nd December 2011, 21:50   #27
BHPian

@cyberwhizs, The car does not stall!! and Sure that handbrakes are not engaged

@amit_mechengg, thanks amit will get these questions to the TASS people..
Old 3rd December 2011, 09:56   #28
BHPian

Quote:
@cyberwhizs, The car does not stall!! and Sure that handbrakes are not engaged

@amit_mechengg, thanks amit will get these questions to the TASS people..
You got me wrong, i am not saying you are not releasing the handbrake, the mechanism could be jammed/malfunctioning i.e. doesnt release fully hence the behaviour.
But if you are pretty sure that it not some form of brake drag - stuck brake callipers, handbrake etc which you are facing then it could be a engine/clutch/transmission issue as mentioned by others in this forum.

Also are you able to achieve decent speeds 80/100 kmph when the problem manifests itself?
Old 3rd December 2011, 21:49   #29
BHPian

Re: Problem, Problem, Problem - Fiat Puno 1.3 MJD

Quote:
well again i started having the problem like before
if you also get similar judder of steering at parking speeds especially when turning the culprit could well be elastic strut pads.
sorry to hear about your poor experience,hope things turn out better.
Old 4th December 2011, 19:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post
Also are you able to achieve decent speeds 80/100 kmph when the problem manifests itself?
Yes i am able to achive those figures @ or once i cross the 2000rpm mark, To me after 2000rpm the car feels as usual. All these problem crops before the 1800rpm Mark...

BTW, an Update is that the VST checked the engine, keeping in the Engine room, seem all the parameters were checked, They say the engine has No problem.

Regarding the Water leak in the Winshield, they have done packing from Interior(some paste kinda Stuff) after it dried i was there for testing and seems now the water leak is arrested, But said to them if this leak crops once again i want to get the Winshield removed and redone for which they agreed.

I am not sure about what they have done to the Wheel. I saw even the Plastic Cap is not put for the Link Road(for water not to stag and to rust) when asked the SA said they dont have stock of it right now!!!
tomorrow i am taking the delivery of car, They have kept the Car for 3 days for Just Checking, Winshield Packing and (wheel side i have no Updates from them). Will keep you people update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks