Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report.

Nice Review! Is this the very first i10 irde2 on T-bhp? Or is this the 1st review of the i10 irde2 on T-bhp? Anyways, looks much more VFM than the Alto or Wagon R or Santro at that price point. But Hyundai seems to be marketing the Kappa engine more than this one.

Did you consider the Santro while purchasing this car? Since this is refreshed version of the engine in the Santro, what exactly is different between this engine and the Santro 1.1 engine?
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
What are the differences between the eRLX and the IRDE2 engine? i know the latter is an updated version so what changes have they made? I drive a santro 2010 model so would love to know thanx
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Since this is refreshed version of the engine in the Santro, what exactly is different between this engine and the Santro 1.1 engine?
I don't know exact differences but AFAIK engine is same unit but with different state of tune. Santro engine specs reads as - 1086cc, 63ps/5500rpm and 9.8kgm/3000rpm while i10 engine specs reads as 1086cc, 69ps/5500rpm and 10.1kgm/4500rpm. Here you can see that santro engine has better low end torque which results in better driveability but is lower in power than i10 engine.

Quote:
Nice Review! Is this the very first i10 irde2 on T-bhp? Or is this the 1st review of the i10 irde2 on T-bhp? Anyways, looks much more VFM than the Alto or Wagon R or Santro at that price point. But Hyundai seems to be marketing the Kappa engine more than this one.
I guess this is the first review of iRDE2. Google search reveals my thread only.

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-untitled.jpg
Quote:
Did you consider the Santro while purchasing this car?
No, Santro was not considered.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:01   #18

Congratulations! Wish you many more miles on your new i10 ERA IRDE2.

I own an i10 Kappa which was purchased in May 2010, I think the new models were launched in Sep 2010, it would have been a good decision for me to wait as the new design which you call 'fluidic' looks really good and an improvement over the previous one, but I was not aware of the new launch .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Rear is the worst and even being wider than WagonR it can hardly make space for 3 adults. I10 is just for 4 passengers. When the front seat is stretched all way back then it leaves hardly any space at rear.
I too feel that space is an issue in i10 though it can fit 4 comfortably. Passengers at the rear might feel uncomfortable if they have to sit for a long duration. I thought that it would be the same with any hatchback, but your comparison with WagonR tells me that Hyundai can still work on this aspect.

Enjoyed reading the review and the pictures are also good. Looking forward to some interior pictures too. Cheers!
Old 4th February 2012, 10:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The next gen i10's second service is scheduled at 10K KMs as per owner's manual. I guess you own the previous iRDE?
Not sure about the 2nd service schedule of irde2. Refer your manual for the same. But for typical city usage, I don't think one would normally exceed 5k kms in 6 months. If somebody is exceeding 10k kms in 6 months, he is better off buying a diesel car.

I was referring to Hyundai's service schedule displayed at their service centres. For city conditions, they recommend cars to be serviced every 6 months/5k kms (whichever comes earlier).

Rohan
Old 4th February 2012, 15:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitkadam View Post
Congratulations! Wish you many more miles on your new i10 ERA IRDE2.

Enjoyed reading the review and the pictures are also good. Looking forward to some interior pictures too. Cheers!
Thanks rohit, I will add interior pictures very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

I was referring to Hyundai's service schedule displayed at their service centres. For city conditions, they recommend cars to be serviced every 6 months/5k kms (whichever comes earlier).

Rohan
Yes the service schedule as per new owner manual states 10K interval for second service.

Anyhow I am just back home after 1st service ( it was a big joke) from Himgiri Hyundai, Wazirpur, Delhi. I will rate them 3/10. Complete waste of four hours. Write now I am writing a complaint email to Hyundai and Himgiri Hyundai and will elaborate my servicing experience in other thread under 'Indian Car dealership' forum. That will be useful for many Delhi/NCR hyundai owners.

Really disappointed and frustrated.

Last edited by bluevolt : 4th February 2012 at 15:20.
Old 4th February 2012, 16:08   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

THanks for crisp and to the point review Bluevolt.

I am in the process of finalising purchase of in i10 AT for Dad/Wifey. We have had a WagonR and a Santro at home for quite some time. The space in the front seat of the Santro is nowhere as good as that of the wagonR (I am 6'2"). Plus the pedals in the Santro are so close together, that I end up depressing two pedals at time with my size 10 shoes . We are replacing the WagonR with the i10 since Bangalore traffic has worsened so much that I thought an AT is the way to go.

I see that your car does not have fog lamps. In the absence of fog lamps do you find the headlights adequate?

When I googled for user reviews of the i10, I find that 'poor mileage' is one of the major complaints customers have with the i10. And I am thinking of going for the AT . I will be happy if i get anything above 10 kmpl in the city.
Old 4th February 2012, 16:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
THanks for crisp and to the point review Bluevolt.
Thanks Santosh.

Quote:
I see that your car does not have fog lamps. In the absence of fog lamps do you find the headlights adequate?
I have not driven the car extensively at night on highways so really can't comment on headlight but as we know stock headlights and tyres are always poor for highway running. But it is OK for city use. No issues there.

Quote:
When I googled for user reviews of the i10, I find that 'poor mileage' is one of the major complaints customers have with the i10. And I am thinking of going for the AT . I will be happy if i get anything above 10 kmpl in the city.
Yes, Hyundai make people fool by claiming 20+ mileage from i10. Don't expect more than 15KMPL from MT variants and 11-12KMPL from AT variant. But I am sure you will get 10+ in city provided you Use the accelerator judiciously.

Anyhow here is the thread I have created because of the poor service of Himgiri Hyundai, Delhi
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deems-fit.html
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 18:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Hyundai make people fool by claiming 20+ mileage from i10. Don't expect more than 15KMPL from MT variants and 11-12KMPL from AT variant. But I am sure you will get 10+ in city provided you Use the accelerator judiciously.
While a large number of i10 users have been complaining of poor FE, I happen (thankfully) to be quite pleased with my i10's fuel efficiency so far. It could well be due to the road conditions or my style of driving, but the fact remains that I HAVE got good-to-great FE figures in 25 tests done so far. Refer to my post in the following link for details and FE figures:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2666772
misquitas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 20:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
While a large number of i10 users have been complaining of poor FE, I happen (thankfully) to be quite pleased with my i10's fuel efficiency so far. It could well be due to the road conditions or my style of driving, but the fact remains that I HAVE got good-to-great FE figures in 25 tests done so far. Refer to my post in the following link for details and FE figures:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2666772
Majority of i10 owners have reported average mileage figures and nothing exceptional. However I am still getting over 14 KMPL even in the run in stage and hoping to improve further.

I hope i10 owners are aware of the starting protection mechanism in which one can not crank the engine if it is already running and the headlights are switched off automatically on switching off the ignition. Nice features in this segment.
Old 10th February 2012, 19:53   #25
BHPian

Great review and at a great time for me! I was looking for a sub 4.5 lac hatch and was considering b/w Alto K10, A-Star and the Wagon-R. Now I can add the 1.1 irde2 to my list too!

@op What is the avg mileage that you are getting in city conditions? And is there anyway to check the monthly sales figures for i10 1.1?
Old 10th February 2012, 22:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Great review and at a great time for me! I was looking for a sub 4.5 lac hatch and was considering b/w Alto K10, A-Star and the Wagon-R. Now I can add the 1.1 irde2 to my list too!
Thanks eyesice, do TD all cars before making a decision - i10 is a very good car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
@op What is the avg mileage that you are getting in city conditions? And is there anyway to check the monthly sales figures for i10 1.1?
My car is still under run in and is giving 14-15 KMPL overall mileage. I hope it will improve further.

We get combined sales figures for i10 which is very good. I see more iRDEs than Kappa variants (at least in NCR). You have to observe how many iRDEs you spot against kappas. I believe iRDE sells in good numbers.

PS - Fancy post count - 1666.

Last edited by bluevolt : 10th February 2012 at 22:54.
Old 27th February 2012, 19:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Guys I am posting some interior pics. Please pardon for poor qulity as they were taken at night using P&S.

I will do a proper exterior photo shoot as soon as I find some spare time with car, please bear with me till then.

Car is running fine but the RPM problem is still there and will get it rectified from some other Hyundai workshop. Himgiri people called me 'N' number of times but I refused to take any of their services in future.

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-irde2-1.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-irde2-2.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-irde2-3.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-irde2-4.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-irde2-5.jpg

Name:  hyundai i10 iRDE2 6.jpg
Views: 11856
Size:  128.9 KB

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-irde2-7.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 27th February 2012 at 19:06.
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Just want to comment on the A/C performance of i10 iRDE. A/C of this car is absolutely fantastic and chilling & much better than WagonR. I never feel the chill in WagonR but satisfied with i10's A/C performance. Mileage is also good - 15KMPL so far with 1500 KMs on ODO.

I still haven't done a proper photo shoot of i10, please wait for some more time and I will bring good numbers of exterior and interior photographs!
Old 6th April 2012, 19:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly a photo-shoot but just a casual pointing and shooting on Gurgaon streets!

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-1.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-2.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-3.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-4.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-6.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-7.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-8.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-9.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-10.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-5.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-11.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-13.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-14.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-hyundai-i10-12bordermaker.jpg

PS - I feel there is a little kick back by clutch pedal while changing from 2nd to 3rd gear and so on, anyone felt the same?
Old 13th June 2012, 15:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

This is how my i10 looks after the accident on sunday, more details here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/109249-accidents-india-pics-758.html#post2804122.

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-dsc06705-2.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-dsc06705-3.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-dsc06705-4.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-dsc06705-5.jpg

I have given car for repairs to Hans Hyundai. They have estimated around 8-10K and I have to pay around 1.5-2.5K. They have asked for a cancelled cheque and the insurance company will send the settled amount to bank account mentioned in cheque. They have also taken car's RC and my license which will be returned after survey. Is it fine?

Surveyor will come in evening or tomorrow morning. Estimated repair time is 1 week. Rear bumper, right side fender will be replaced and front bumper will be repaired and repainted. There may be couple of miscellaneous parts which may require change as well (hidden behind the bumper like tow hook which is bent).

Last edited by bluevolt : 13th June 2012 at 15:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks