Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 19:07   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
This is how my i10 looks after the accident on sunday, more details here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/109249-accidents-india-pics-758.html#post2804122.
Sorry to hear about the incident. don't worry your car should be repaired and as good as new. BTW Are you running around with the red ribbons on the bonnet from last 4 months?
dockap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 21:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
BTW Are you running around with the red ribbons on the bonnet from last 4 months?
Actually this is my elder brother's car and his wife likes these ribbons so I have to respect her choice.

But I have left the ribbons little loose so that it doesn't stain the bonnet (I check it regularly).

Last edited by bluevolt : 13th June 2012 at 21:46.
Old 21st June 2012, 00:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

I am Back!
Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-dsc06689.jpg

Now i10 is back home after the repairs. I am attaching the bill - total expenditure 10,900 INR. Note that painting itself costs 7K.

I am asked to courier the original bills to the insurance guy and the amount will be sent within 10 days of receiving the bills. Around 6-7K will be refunded?

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-repair-bill.jpg

Hyundai i10 ERA iRDE2 Ownership Report-repair-bill1.jpg

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st June 2012 at 00:58.
Old 21st June 2012, 07:36   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Now i10 is back home after the repairs. I am attaching the bill - total expenditure 10,900 INR. Note that painting itself costs 7K.

I am asked to courier the original bills to the insurance guy and the amount will be sent within 10 days of receiving the bills. Around 6-7K will be refunded?
If yours is a zero dep insurance cover, you will get 100% for the the bumper which is a plastic item. Else expect 50% for the bumper alone.
Reg. the painting I'm told that insurance will pay 80% if not the full amount.
Old 21st June 2012, 14:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjanravi View Post
If yours is a zero dep insurance cover, you will get 100% for the the bumper which is a plastic item. Else expect 50% for the bumper alone.
Reg. the painting I'm told that insurance will pay 80% if not the full amount.
Mine is not Zero dep insurance cover. Will get 50% for bumper, 95% for RHS fender and around 80% for painting. Are taxes covered in insurance?

Last edited by bluevolt : 21st June 2012 at 14:28.
Old 28th November 2012, 17:04   #36
BHPian

Hi BlueVolt!
How is the IRDE2 engine? Is it the same as the Santro's engine? Do you get that surge of power like you get in the KAPPA2?
I have been to almost all Hyundai Showrooms here but, they don't seem to have the IRDE2 for TD nor for display.
Do you get the intermittent wipers in the IRDE2? Actually , i was also looking at buying the Xing again but, there's a marginal difference of 20k between the Xing GLS and the I10 Era.

BTW, how much did those wheel caps cost you? Looks nice, you could have painted the steel rims Black before installing the wheel caps!
Old 28th November 2012, 23:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Hi BlueVolt!
Do you get the intermittent wipers in the IRDE2? Actually , i was also looking at buying the Xing again but, there's a marginal difference of 20k between the Xing GLS and the I10 Era.
I dont think you will get intermittent wipers in IRDE2 (D-lite, Era and Magna). Even in my Kappa 2 Magna, I did not get intermittent wipers. This feature is present in the Sportz and Asta variants.

So, I simply added the wiper switch lever of the Sportz variant to my Magna. I found out that the easiest way to replicate this feature in the Magna is to replace the stock wiper lever with the wiper lever of the Sportz. Hyundai sells the wiper lever of the Sportz for about Rs 1100 (December 2010 rates), at least here in Goa. The Hyundai mechanics attached the Sportz wiper lever to my Magna and hey presto, the wiper intermittent function is activated. The only odd thing is that you will have to make do with a 'rear wiper' switch on the wiper lever, which literally does nothing as the Magna does not have a rear wiper.

So, you may have a simple solution to "add" intermittent wiping facility to the I10 Era.

If there's a "marginal difference of 20k between the Xing GLS and the I10 Era", I would suggest that you opt for the i10 Era. The Santro has fantastic torque, but is a smaller car in comparison to the i10. The i10 has better cabin space (the Santro, however, has better boot space), has better fit, finish and features (tacho, gear shift indicator, etc.). The ARAI FE of the i10 is also higher than the Santro.
Old 29th November 2012, 02:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas

I dont think you will get intermittent wipers in IRDE2 (D-lite, Era and Magna). Even in my Kappa 2 Magna, I did not get intermittent wipers. This feature is present in the Sportz and Asta variants.

So, I simply added the wiper switch lever of the Sportz variant to my Magna. I found out that the easiest way to replicate this feature in the Magna is to replace the stock wiper lever with the wiper lever of the Sportz. Hyundai sells the wiper lever of the Sportz for about Rs 1100 (December 2010 rates), at least here in Goa. The Hyundai mechanics attached the Sportz wiper lever to my Magna and hey presto, the wiper intermittent function is activated. The only odd thing is that you will have to make do with a 'rear wiper' switch on the wiper lever, which literally does nothing as the Magna does not have a rear wiper.

So, you may have a simple solution to "add" intermittent wiping facility to the I10 Era.

If there's a "marginal difference of 20k between the Xing GLS and the I10 Era", I would suggest that you opt for the i10 Era. The Santro has fantastic torque, but is a smaller car in comparison to the i10. The i10 has better cabin space (the Santro, however, has better boot space), has better fit, finish and features (tacho, gear shift indicator, etc.). The ARAI FE of the i10 is also higher than the Santro.
I10 is bigger than the santro? No way. I10 is narrow and i found it difficult getting into the driver's seat of the i10 whereas, its a breeze getting in and out of the santro.

Btw, the Santro and the i10 era, dont they have the same engine??
Old 29th November 2012, 19:58   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi BlueVolt!
How is the IRDE2 engine? Is it the same as the Santro's engine? Do you get that surge of power like you get in the KAPPA2?
I have been to almost all Hyundai Showrooms here but, they don't seem to have the IRDE2 for TD nor for display.

BTW, how much did those wheel caps cost you? Looks nice, you could have painted the steel rims Black before installing the wheel caps!
I advice you to go for i10 iRDE2. Both santro and i10 iRDE2 have same engines but with little variations. Santro is quite dated now. i10 iRDE2 is good to drive. I have driven it both in city and highway and satisfied with the car.

The wheel caps I am using on this car are bought from a car accessory shop for Rs. 500.

Try different Hyundai showroom and TD i10 iRDE or call Hyundai helpline and ask them to offer you a TD of the car.

Last edited by bluevolt : 29th November 2012 at 20:02.
Old 29th November 2012, 23:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I10 is bigger than the santro? No way. I10 is narrow and i found it difficult getting into the driver's seat of the i10 whereas, its a breeze getting in and out of the santro.
If you simply compare the specs, you will clearly see that the i10 cabin is wider than the Santro. Santro is taller than i10, but do you really need that extra height?

Specs:
i10 (LxWxH) = 3585x1595x1550
Santro (LxWxH) = 3565x1525x1590
Old 30th November 2012, 11:20   #41
BHPian

Went to a Hyundai dealership and got quotes for both i10 and the Xing.
Plus i'm getting an irresistible offer for both cars. 60k straight discount including loyalty bonus. Also, they are offering me a Sony XPlod system, body cover, seat cover, security system, mud flaps and floor mats with both cars.
Discounted price for the Xing GLS Plus is 4.15L OTR and for the i10 irde2 is 4.36 L otr.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Discounted price for the Xing GLS Plus is 4.15L OTR and for the i10 irde2 is 4.36 L otr.
Spend the extra 15-20 K and get the i10 iRDE2.

Have you TD both cars?
Old 13th December 2012, 20:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Went to a Hyundai dealership and got quotes for both i10 and the Xing.
Plus i'm getting an irresistible offer for both cars. 60k straight discount including loyalty bonus. Also, they are offering me a Sony XPlod system, body cover, seat cover, security system, mud flaps and floor mats with both cars.
Hi Buddy,

I am also in the same dilema, whether to go for i10 or Santro. Both the cars have their pros and cons. I find perfect for city drive (with peppy engine) and good AC, where as i10 is find that its bit too delicate of a car with low torque for city.

Amit
Old 10th January 2013, 11:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Facing this issue for last couple of days -

When the engine is cold and I try to pull the car in second gear, there is some kind of phat phat sound from silencer. This kind of sound also comes from my Karizma's silencer on cold start in severe winters. Any idea why it is happening?

Everything is normal when engine reaches optimum temperature. Happens only during morning cold starts. Don't face such issue with other cars I have.
Old 10th January 2013, 19:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

One more issue - Car is stalling immediately after starting and I have to rev the engine to prevent it from stalling. Same thing is happening whenever I shift from one gear to another.

Any idea why this is happening? I am going to service center tomorrow.

Please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks