Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2014, 20:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team BHP's First! Hemi Powered 2012 Dodge Charger

Are they all weather? How much did they cost?
Old 8th July 2014, 21:22   #92
Senior - BHPian

Yes, they are all weather.
Total cost was 1100 which includes mounting, balancing and alignment, lifetime rotation and lifetime flat repairs.
Got to try them out in the rains too over the last couple of days and they seem to hold their ground pretty well.
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 22:31   #93
BHPian

Thought you would like the slide show - Dodge's greatest hits over 100 years

https://autos.yahoo.com/photos/dodge...087-slideshow/

vulcanize is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 19:00   #94
Senior - BHPian

40k miles later, the itch to change things around got to me.
While I wait for my coilovers to arrive, decided to switch the catback exhaust to Flowmaster Force II. The exhaust is just loud enough to stand out from the crowd.

Got them installed at the local Midas shop. There was no way I could have done this myself. Required a couple of special tools, including a blow torch to loosen the pipes when taking the original off.
amitoj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 16:04   #95
Senior - BHPian

Team BHP's First! Hemi Powered 2012 Dodge Charger-coilovers.jpg

They arrived yesterday .

Now i am wondering how to get them installed. It is easily a 2-3 hour job and at an hourly rate, it can cost me $300 just to get them installed at a garage.

Someone I know through the regional LX car club is going to throw a mod party. He is also installing these on his AWD Magnum. I have never been to a mod party. Any idea how things work there? I know a bunch of folks get together and work on cars. But what about people like me who dont have much experience about such stuff? How can I contribute without looking like a freeloader?

By the way, the exhaust is starting to settle in and I love the sound it makes inside the office garage
amitoj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 17:43   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Attachment 1353448

They arrived yesterday .

Now i am wondering how to get them installed. It is easily a 2-3 hour job and at an hourly rate, it can cost me $300 just to get them installed at a garage.

Someone I know through the regional LX car club is going to throw a mod party. He is also installing these on his AWD Magnum. I have never been to a mod party. Any idea how things work there? I know a bunch of folks get together and work on cars. But what about people like me who dont have much experience about such stuff? How can I contribute without looking like a freeloader?

By the way, the exhaust is starting to settle in and I love the sound it makes inside the office garage
Hi Amitoj,

Many congratulations on your Red Charger ... I too wish to own one if i move to the states, the decision is impending on many parameters (official and personal) and not settle down with just any car.

I was just talking to a colleague of mine who recently moved to Georgia and is on the lookout for a new car. I suggested him to get a charger, but then the is not a car freak and is just a very very basic guy (who did not even know how to parallel park until he came to The Netherlands).

If you dont mind, could you share the cost of your car and the procedure and EMI's that you pay/paid for this ? How are the taxes for cars calculated, and what are monthly running costs apart from fuel? Here, in the Netherlands, we pay monthly insurances and quarterly road taxes

If not publicly, could you send me personal message, not sure if that works though for my T-Bhp account.

Cheers.
prashant_dv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 21:18   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant_dv View Post
If you dont mind, could you share the cost of your car and the procedure and EMI's that you pay/paid for this ? How are the taxes for cars calculated, and what are monthly running costs apart from fuel? Here, in the Netherlands, we pay monthly insurances and quarterly road taxes

If not publicly, could you send me personal message, not sure if that works though for my T-Bhp account.

Cheers.
Thanks Prashant.
I got the car for around 32K OTR. The EMIs vary wildly depending on interest rates, terms etc. I have refinanced my loan a couple of times as well to lower my EMIs. Besides, I have had this car now for more than 2.5 years now.
However, if your friend is more MPG conscious then he should check out the V6 version of Charger. People are claiming 22-28 MPG figures for that car!
Old 26th March 2015, 21:49   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Prashant.
I got the car for around 32K OTR. The EMIs vary wildly depending on interest rates, terms etc. I have refinanced my loan a couple of times as well to lower my EMIs. Besides, I have had this car now for more than 2.5 years now.
However, if your friend is more MPG conscious then he should check out the V6 version of Charger. People are claiming 22-28 MPG figures for that car!

Hi Amit,

Thank you for the information. Does the OTR cost of car, loan rates vary based on which state you purchase and use the car in ? I am asking this, since i read that you are based out of New Hampshire and my office location is most likely going to be Texas (if things work out in my favor, that is)..

My friend would never consider the charger, like i mentioned in my previous post he is in no way a car buff like us and would be quite happy with a simple car like Hyundai getz and i heard him say that he might be planning for a Honda (probably CRV).. I just left the discussion at that .

cheers.
Old 26th March 2015, 23:36   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant_dv View Post
Hi Amit,

Thank you for the information. Does the OTR cost of car, loan rates vary based on which state you purchase and use the car in ? I am asking this, since i read that you are based out of New Hampshire and my office location is most likely going to be Texas (if things work out in my favor, that is)..

My friend would never consider the charger, like i mentioned in my previous post he is in no way a car buff like us and would be quite happy with a simple car like Hyundai getz and i heard him say that he might be planning for a Honda (probably CRV).. I just left the discussion at that .

cheers.
Well, the OTR cost of the car will vary from state to state because of the sales tax that you will need to pay. Here in New Hampshire, there is no sales tax so that saved me some money. Although the state gets it back in some form or the other, like registration tax. As for loan rates, they vary from individual to individual, based on their credit score.

If you are going to be in Texas, then I doubt you will need all wheel drive. That will save you some more money. And RWD will be much more fun too!

Hehe. Yeah CRV seems like a good fit for your friend.
Old 26th March 2015, 23:41   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the OTR cost of the car will vary from state to state because of the sales tax that you will need to pay. Here in New Hampshire, there is no sales tax so that saved me some money. Although the state gets it back in some form or the other, like registration tax. As for loan rates, they vary from individual to individual, based on their credit score.

If you are going to be in Texas, then I doubt you will need all wheel drive. That will save you some more money. And RWD will be much more fun too!

Hehe. Yeah CRV seems like a good fit for your friend.
Hi Amitoj,

Thank you for the response. Yes, I understand that Texas does not have extreme winter conditions like the other northern states and hence can skip the AWD option.

I am just trying to think of options, and I have no clue on when my movement would happen to the states.

Cheers.
Old 31st March 2015, 19:30   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Been there. What is usually do is try to connect and talk.

Admit that You are a noob and don't know anything- which is actually hard for me because everybody knows I'm an engineer with automotive. They kind of think - how come such an engineer works with automotive.

Open the tool boxes, fetch the tools for various guys, Put the beers in the cooler, open hoods and appreciate the mods, talk about Indian traffic (everybody loves to hear about it), talk about tropical jungles, Collect the oil for disposal etc.

There will be small job around in which they need a grease monkey. and I try to be the grease monkey there.

Hope this helps.
Jomz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 14:26   #102
BHPian

This car is an absolute dream come true , Charger with the HEMI is an absolute win win in any situation . I have seen the HellCat on RoadKill Episode 38( week & its a beast . Big American V8 cars are slowly dwindling in numbers but are an enthusiast dream come true .

You should share a video of the charger especially showing its wonderful exhaust note , its music to the years.
drift2race is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 18:19   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Big American V8 cars are slowly dwindling in numbers but are an enthusiast dream come true .

You should share a video of the charger especially showing its wonderful exhaust note , its music to the years.
Thanks for the link to the Roadkill episode. I have saved it for viewing it later.

I had put up a small video of the Charger starting up in the morning, a few posts back. The cold start sound never fails to bring a little cheer to dreary workday mornings

This weekend I am hoping that the coilovers will go in. A drop of an inch or so should improve its stance and handling. Will see.
Old 13th April 2015, 19:22   #104
BHPian

If i would ever come to the states my first option would be to go for the Charger Hellcat despite the low mileage & all , also the video was awesome !!
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 23:01   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They are installed! Here is a pic from last year
Team BHP's First! Hemi Powered 2012 Dodge Charger-before.jpg

And this is from earlier today
Team BHP's First! Hemi Powered 2012 Dodge Charger-img_2388.jpg

The mod day was quite a learning experience for me. First thing i learnt was that you need a garage full of tools to work on cars! The guy who hosted the mod day had quite a collection. The air compressor driven power tools were awesome and it would have taken ages to loosen nuts and bolts without them!

The front coilovers were easy to install. The one on the left side went in easy but the right one gave some issues. For the back, we had to take out the exhaust to access the nut that would lower the control arm so that the spring could pop out.

It was my first time getting under a car and wrenching! But looking at all the tools that were used, I dont know whether i can do such stuff on my own. I know you can rent/borrow tools from Autozone but it seems impossible to determine in advance what all tools will be required!

Anyway, now time to attack those curves
amitoj is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks