Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2017, 15:00   #61
BHPian

re: My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Odo crossed to 6 digits today, missed transition moment though.

Attachment 1708821
Congratulations Sukiwa,
I am on your tail with another 1450 kms remain to get into that league.
How is your service interval due. Make sure you plan well in advance as the waiting period is around 45-50 days at Sharayu Toyota.
I am not able to upload the pictures from my cell phone, may be I will do it once at home.

Last edited by SHAHBAAZ : 25th December 2017 at 15:05.
Old 25th December 2017, 19:47   #62
BHPian

Here are the pictures of my car. May be we can meet up some day in coming week.
Attached Thumbnails
My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-1514211298007.jpg  

My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-1514211365184.jpg  

SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 08:40   #63
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up

Quote:
Odo crossed to 6 digits today
Congratulations! They say when you cross 1 lakh km in an Innova, the running-in period is complete .
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 08:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Make sure you plan well in advance as the waiting period is around 45-50 days at Sharayu Toyota.
Yes, have already booked service with Sharayu Toyota, Tathawade for saturday, 30th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They say when you cross 1 lakh km in an Innova, the running-in period is complete.
Yeah, just revved it close to redline on a recent highway trip.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2017, 20:53   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Odo crossed to 6 digits today, missed transition moment though.
Many congratulations to you Suhas on reaching that milestone. Wish you can reach the double tonne even faster without any issues.

Quote:
I am on your tail with another 1450 kms remain to get into that league.
Advance congratulations to you Shahbaaz as well. I think it will be just a matter of month or even lesser when you reach that figure. Do post your odo picture then.

I would have given both of you company if I had my Black Workhorse (Innova) with me. It had crossed 68K kms on its odo when I parted with it in Oct-2015 & now my TUV has covered 31K kms. Adding both mileages comes to 99K kms.

I really enjoyed the short stint of one year in my Innova.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 01:48   #66
BHPian

Wish you all a Happy new year.

Sukiwa, I hope you received your workhorse back from servicing. Please share your work details and service quality of Sharayu tathawde. I am planning to get rear brake shoe replaced as the thickness in last service was less than 2mm which the service advisor asked me to continue upto next service interval of 105000 kms.

Deepak,
Sure it would have been great. Still your 30k+ summing up to 99k is like we are sailing in same boat clocking similar kms.
I remember seeing your old black beauty during Diwali. Condition was not good.
But anyways let's catch up someday.
Here are few updates on my black beauty which was polished a couple of days ago using Turtle Jet black.
Attached Thumbnails
My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-dsc_1330.jpg  

My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-dsc_1338.jpg  

My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-dsc_1333.jpg  

SHAHBAAZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 07:43   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations! They say when you cross 1 lakh km in an Innova, the running-in period is complete .
How true is that No Doubts! First Hand Experience too on two old horses and they still drive as good as New, fuss-free.

Quote:
Yeah, just revved it close to redline on a recent highway trip.
Do that more often, opens her up beautifully, leaving aside the racket she makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I would have given both of you company if I had my Black Workhorse (Innova) with me. It had crossed 68K kms on its odo when I parted with it in Oct-2015 & now my TUV has covered 31K kms. Adding both mileages comes to 99K kms.

I really enjoyed the short stint of one year in my Innova.
Even if short stint, your ownership experience has given quite a few quite a good knowledge too and in your TUV thread too, you do not fall short. Keep revving.

Quote:
Yes, have already booked service with Sharayu Toyota, Tathawade for saturday, 30th.
Quote:
Sukiwa, I hope you received your workhorse back from servicing. Please share your work details and service quality of Sharayu tathawde.
Yes pls Sukiwa, update awaited. Been looking for service of our Pune Toyota. It visited once to my dealership in Mumbai since no appointment was available when needed with Sharayu and no feedback available. They had asked to leave car for 3-4 days and service will be done as and when possible.

Quote:
I am planning to get rear brake shoe replaced as the thickness in last service was less than 2mm which the service advisor asked me to continue upto next service interval of 105000 kms.

Here are few updates on my black beauty which was polished a couple of days ago using Turtle Jet black.
With careful driving, if you are not hard braker, this can easily last upto 10k more, but only if you do not want to take chances.

BTW, that is one real black beauty.

How does your LTD sticker stays so nicely on the rear windshield? I am onto second one and that is rapidly fading and tearing out. Could be my cleaners are too much roughing it out.

Last edited by parsh : 1st January 2018 at 07:48.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 00:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
With careful driving, if you are not hard braker, this can easily last upto 10k more, but only if you do not want to take chances.

BTW, that is one real black beauty.

How does your LTD sticker stays so nicely on the rear windshield? I am onto second one and that is rapidly fading and tearing out. Could be my cleaners are too much roughing it out.
Parish,
Actually during my 95k service, I had requested for change of brake shoes as I am hard braker but the service advisor insisted to continue stating that the shoe quality are good so there won't be any issues. May be after another 1k kms I will get them changed.

Thanks for appreciation of my workhorse. I love to keep my cars in as much stock condition.

Regarding the LTD sticker, well I have received a couple of compliments from few friends and team-bhp members regarding the depth of yellow even after having it for almost 3+years. I don't know how the color has not fades yet considering the fact that my vehicle doesn't have a covered parking. May be that the black is absorbing it's heat.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 10:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

Preparing car for monsoon.

Pre-monsoon underbody wash & exterior foam wash
My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-img155701l.jpg

Followed by application of cream wax to get water beading like this
My '09 pre-owned Toyota Innova 2.5L V variant : *Update* 100,000 Km Up-img170302l.jpg

Surface area is too much for Innova, was almost exhausted by the time I finished.

Changed wipers as well. Local Bosch dealer(Waterloo motors) didn't have those in stock, ordered from Amazon for Rs. 349.
sukiwa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 10:45   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Changed wipers as well. Local Bosch dealer(Waterloo motors) didn't have those in stock, ordered from Amazon for Rs. 349.
I'd very strongly recommend just getting the wiper squeegees/rubber inserts from an ASC. Excellent quality last for years, smooth & noiseless operation, very low streaking. Believe me they are way better than any aftermarket wiper. The rubber inserts (made in Japan hence a bit expensive) cost me about Rs 1,100 for my Altis.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks